Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tragic Loss
It is being reported that Randy Savage died this morning near Tampa, Florida.

He was travelling in his Jeep Cherokee and, according to his brother, Lanny Poffo, suffered a heart attack, left the road, and hit a tree. Savage was 58 years old.

Savage was one of professional wrestling's greatest performers. He was extremely intelligent and well educated. In addition to Savage, his father, Angelo Poffo, and his brother, Leaping Lanny, also had outstanding wrestling careers.

The passing of the "Macho Man" is a great loss to all wrestling fans.
Very sad.
awh man this is horrible. I always liked him
A sad day. I met him once at Sin The Gym on Richmond Road in Lexington. He and Lanny were there working out. They both took the time to talk with all of the folks gathered around. From that brief meeting, he seemed like a great guy and somewhat of a clown joking around with everyone.
The greatest wrestler of all time. I got to talk to him out in the parking lot at the Betsy Layne Dome Gym when I was in 7th grade. He was nice enough to sign a few pictures for me. He has always been my favorite all time wrestler.
good stuff from a Roanoke TV station
http://www.wdbj7.com/news/sns-ent-zap-ma...5729.story
I was very hopeful that he and Vince could have mended their feelings so Randy could have been inducted into the HOF while he was alive. I guarentee he will be inducted in 2012 with Ricky Steamboat and Jerry Lawler making the intro.
Stardust Wrote:I was very hopeful that he and Vince could have mended their feelings so Randy could have been inducted into the HOF while he was alive. I guarentee he will be inducted in 2012 with Ricky Steamboat and Jerry Lawler making the intro.

Good call. I wonder if Leaping Lanny will be there?
^ You mean the Professor!

WWE.com has some nice tributes if anyone wants to check them out.
One of my Favs! Gonna be missed!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I am devastated.
Nothing used to pump me up more than seeing Macho Man go up to the top rope....
RIP
^ And the top of a cage
Stardust Wrote:^ And the top of a cage

With a chain wrapped around his arm ready to give a double axe handle Wink
^ "Oh Yeaaahhhh"
Miss Elizzzabeethhhh!
^ Who also dies waaaaayyyy too young
Wrestling was my life when I from the time I was 5 till I was about 14..This broke my heart when I saw it.
^ Pretty cool Signature 360