Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-4" of snow possible for Saturday
According to WLEX-18, we may get some snow...

Here is a link to the forecast from Bill's Weather blog

http://www.wlextv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2867958
I think Bill's overrated. I like reading Chris Bailey's blog because he seems to go into more detail about what the models are donig, and how things should turn out. He's a prick sometimes, but I can let that slide as wrong as he's right. He's had a pretty good run lately. Although him and Bill both were way off with their predictions in early winter. I think Chris does a pretty good job considering WLEX and Bill are the ones with the doppler.

http://wkyt.com/global/story.asp?s=2672921
Just listen to bruisers weather forcast there seems to be no snow.....ahahaha but it would be great if it did......and i would hope that it would snow on monday like 1ft.....probly want happen but if it did no school for atleat 1 day this year
ZMG Wrote:I think Bill's overrated. I like reading Chris Bailey's blog because he seems to go into more detail about what the models are donig, and how things should turn out. He's a prick sometimes, but I can let that slide as wrong as he's right. He's had a pretty good run lately. Although him and Bill both were way off with their predictions in early winter. I think Chris does a pretty good job considering WLEX and Bill are the ones with the doppler.

http://wkyt.com/global/story.asp?s=2672921

I had never read his blog before..thanks for the link..I'll check it out..It seems like everybody & every business has a blog these days..lol...where's yours?

I'm still hoping for enough snow for our 4 yr old to make a good snow angel...
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:I had never read his blog before..thanks for the link..I'll check it out..It seems like everybody & every business has a blog these days..lol...where's yours?

I'm still hoping for enough snow for our 4 yr old to make a good snow angel...

Well, I had one on blogspot, myspace, and wildcatcorner...

And I also hope we get enough snow so *I* can make a good snow angel... and a snowman... and an igloo...

BTW, are you and QQ going to be in Lex Vegas this weekend?
I took vacation for next week just so I could hopefully get some snow so it better do it in the next nine days.

Mommy and Daddy-In-Law going to the WV mountains to see the snow tomorrow. I may have to tag along.
ZMG Wrote:Well, I had one on blogspot, myspace, and wildcatcorner...

And I also hope we get enough snow so *I* can make a good snow angel... and a snowman... and an igloo...

BTW, are you and QQ going to be in Lex Vegas this weekend?

lol..you are hoping for alot then...

nope not going to be there...the fam is coming over here if it doesn't snow much. I guess we are having our own little superbowl party..just us & the boys...lol...
lol i heard a great forecast on sirius today, they didn't miss a thing. They said it was going to be daylight outside today, until tonight, then it was going to be dark. That is the most accurate forecast i ever heard. lol
I hope we get a little bit so I can take the boys sleding. They got a sled at xmas and we havent had the first drop of snow Sad
well if its going to snow it better start now because all its doing herre is rain..rain...rain.:Sad04:
Just rain here too :Sad04:
It's snowing in Lexington and we are supposed to get snow in a couple of hours. However, I think it is supposed to miss the Louisa area and around the WV border. I'm still hopeful since we are only 1 hour slightly northeast of Lexington area. You can view the snow on the lexington webcam
ant hope for snow around the wheelwright area or floyd
Snow advisory for Eastern Kentucky from 1p, Saturday thru 10a Sunday.
I heard that Sunday it would snow enough to get Pike County out of school for 3 days. Nothing here today though..very mild rain this morning.
Blackcat75 Wrote:lol i heard a great forecast on sirius today, they didn't miss a thing. They said it was going to be daylight outside today, until tonight, then it was going to be dark. That is the most accurate forecast i ever heard. lol

You need to listen to the hippy dippy weatherman
george carlin did that bit about 33 years ago
glad to sirruis using such up to date tools
I drove down the mountain parkway today...from Pikeville to Salyersville it was raining and from Salyersville to Lexington it was snow. The ground is white here in North Lexington but I don't think we will get much.
Ground white here still snowing in Winchester...what is wet not covered by snow
is now freezing into ice.
Looks like Eastern Kentucky may have it by morning. Usually in less than 24 hours, we get all of Lex's weather.
it was sleeting here in floyd earlier
It's snowing pretty hard in Prestonsburg now.. but it's not really sticking.. I heard they had an inch or 2 in Frankfort
It's snowing in paintsville too , sticking to mainly house tops and grass so far tho.
I don't believe the weather reports until I see it for myself!
The ground is covered here now..
There is some snow on the ground around wheelwright area not much tho....
I would guess around half an inch here.
Here on the pikeville city limits, barely a half and inch. Nothing coming down right now, but here's for hoping.
It's coming down at a decent, steady rate here still.
hardly anything here
hey doc i wasn't around 33 years ago