Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A track state championship
I was wonderin when and where it is at?
It is Thursday at UofL. The field events and the 4x800 start at 1:00 and the rest of the running events start at 4:00. I follow the girls closer than the boys, and can tell you that Highlands girls are very big favorites to win their 4th straight team title.
Right on sstack.

Anyone else find it weird to start the running events at 1, then a 3 hour gap passes until the next running event?
Blue_Blinker Wrote:Right on sstack.

Anyone else find it weird to start the running events at 1, then a 3 hour gap passes until the next running event?

It is new this year to run the 4x800 early this year. It is done to give the distance runners more rest time. It is pretty difficult to run the 4x800, 1600, and 3200 so close together. I like the change, (my daughter is running all 3, so I might be a little biased towards the distance runners) but there are some complaining about it also.
sstack Wrote:It is new this year to run the 4x800 early this year. It is done to give the distance runners more rest time. It is pretty difficult to run the 4x800, 1600, and 3200 so close together. I like the change, (my daughter is running all 3, so I might be a little biased towards the distance runners) but there are some complaining about it also.

I couldn't agree more. My son ran the 4 X 800, 800,1600 and 3200 at State a few years ago. He was pretty much done after the 4 X 800 and 1600 and didn't really do all that well in the 800 or 3200.
Oh, I understand the rationale behind the change...just a long wait for those kids. I did all 4 when I was in HS (a long time ago) I know it's tough to do, and it's in the best interest of the kids.

At any rate, good luck to all those kids participating tomorrow. I hope we can have some high finishes from the mountain kids.