Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament Draw and Prediction Thread
Pikeville vs. Paintsville 11:00 AM

Prestonsburg vs. Pike Central 1:00 PM

Lawrence County vs. Shelby Valley 3:00 PM

Belfry vs. Allen Central 5:00 PM
Pikeville got the worst possible draw. Hopefully they can deal with it and advance.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville got the worst possible draw. Hopefully they can deal with it and advance.
Somebody needs to remind those who drew that you're supposed to fold the papers so you can't see the team names! LOL Pikeville will be fine, but definitely got the worse draw.
Tigers shock panthers and send'em packin!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville got the worst possible draw. Hopefully they can deal with it and advance.

In a situation like this , whose does PT root for? I would think this could get sticky.
Bob Seger Wrote:In a situation like this , whose does PT root for? I would think this could get sticky.
There is a carefully thought out way. :biggrin:
Do these games begin Monday?
Panther Thunder Wrote:There is a carefully thought out way. :biggrin:

:lmao:

Good deal, PT.
yea it's called win your games Lol!!! just playing
I was hoping Paintsville would get Prestonsburg or Pikeville, but not both. I'm still not sure this is that bad of a draw for the TIGERS.
1) You'll have Jackson on the hill in game one who has thrown his best games against the better teams he's faced
2) Dustin is throwing well right now and if P'burg does win......then you have a match up that's close, but Paintsville has the revenge factor
3) RAIN......RAIN and RAIN......will move the championship game out enough to allow Jackson to throw in the Championship game and who knows what happens......
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville vs. Paintsville 11:00 AM

Here's my predictions:

Pikeville v Paintsville: Pikeville wins 9-2

Prestonsburg v Pike Central: Prestonsburg wins 5-1

Lawrence County v Shelby Valley: LC wins 6-1

Belfry v Allen Central: Belfry wins 5-4

Pikeville v Prestonsburg: Pikeville wins 11-1

LC v Belfry: Belfry wins 6-5

Pikeville v Belfry: Pikeville wins 10-2

Let the hating on me start. :biggrin:

Pikeville 6 Paintsville 1

Prestonsburg 7 Pike Central 0

Lawrence County 15 Shelby Valley 1

Belfry 7 Allen Central 2

Pikeville 10 Prestonsburg 4

Lawrence County 2 Belfry 0

Lawrence County 2 Pikeville 1 (10 Innings)
I didnt think they were having the draw until Sunday?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Draw was today at 1:00 at Stonecrest Park.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Pikeville 6 Paintsville 1

Prestonsburg 7 Pike Central 0

Lawrence County 15 Shelby Valley 1

Belfry 7 Allen Central 2

Pikeville 10 Prestonsburg 4

Lawrence County 2 Belfry 0

Lawrence County 2 Pikeville 1 (10 Innings)
Whoa! You think LC is going to hold Belfry scoreless? Same Belfry that has posted double-digits in runs 13 games out of 32 versus 8 out of 29 for LC? And has only been shut out once this year (by Pikeville)? I don't know about that one. I was trying to kick a little dirt with my prediction of Belfry over LC, but I did it with the thought that Belfry's offense could make some noise and get them a big upset, but I would not see them being scoreless unless Chandler throws, then maybe they would be held scoreless. MAYBE
The draw was at Prestonsburg High school, no paper was used (save a tree) and I won't make a prediction, but it is going to be some good baseball next week!

Pikeville 5, Paintsville 1

Prestonsburg 8, Pike Central 2

Lawrence Co. 9, SV 0

Belfry 5, Allen Central 4

Pikeville 8, Prestonsburg 0

Lawrence Co. 5, Belfry 1

Pikeville 3, Lawrence Co. 1

No, Paintsville did.:biggrin:

Pikeville got the worst draw they could have gotten.
jetpilot Wrote:No, Paintsville did.:biggrin:

Pikeville got the worst draw they could have gotten.
touche´
OK PT, who do you pitch against each team if you are calling the shots?

Cecil vs. Paintsville
Burton vs. Prestonsburg
Hamilton vs. LC

That's how I would do it.
jetpilot Wrote:OK PT, who do you pitch against each team if you are calling the shots?

Cecil vs. Paintsville
Burton vs. Prestonsburg
Hamilton vs. LC

Don't ya think you should worry about winning the first one before you worry about who will pitch in the second one?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
jetpilot Wrote:OK PT, who do you pitch against each team if you are calling the shots?

Cecil vs. Paintsville
Burton vs. Prestonsburg
Hamilton vs. LC

I would do the same thing. I think it is the best game for each pitcher and not just the best order.
Bob Seger Wrote::lmao:

Good deal, PT.

Bob I agree to wear the Blue for him Monday if that will make things a little easier for him. It is however a tough spot.
OffTheHook Wrote:Don't ya think you should worry about winning the first one before you worry about who will pitch in the second one?
You have to have a rotation in place before the tournament starts. Who you pitch in the first game will determine who throw the 2nd and thus the third as well.
^True.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Don't ya think you should worry about winning the first one before you worry about who will pitch in the second one?

Come on, I think you know what I mean. Didn't you say in an earlier post you would pitch #1, then #2, then hope for enough days and rest to use #1 again?:eyeroll:

This is no time for thin skin OTH!
^Look the post above yours. I said I agree.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
PHSForever Wrote:Whoa! You think LC is going to hold Belfry scoreless? Same Belfry that has posted double-digits in runs 13 games out of 32 versus 8 out of 29 for LC? And has only been shut out once this year (by Pikeville)? I don't know about that one. I was trying to kick a little dirt with my prediction of Belfry over LC, but I did it with the thought that Belfry's offense could make some noise and get them a big upset, but I would not see them being scoreless unless Chandler throws, then maybe they would be held scoreless. MAYBE
Mr.O may be thinking of the early season game when he made that prediction .Don't remember who the POR was in that game. 9 run difference early.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You have to have a rotation in place before the tournament starts. Who you pitch in the first game will determine who throw the 2nd and thus the third as well.

Exactly. Can't go into a tourney like this one without a plan in place. Plus, I really like the rotation you suggested above. Looks like a good fit for this tourney. :Thumbs:
OffTheHook Wrote:^Look the post above yours. I said I agree.

:Thumbs: I'm sure Pikeville is plenty worried about getting by Paintsville.