Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville-Prestonsburg updates?
Anyone have any updates from this game? Thanks
PHSForever Wrote:Anyone have any updates from this game? Thanks

PHS won.

haha j/k...Pikeville 5, Prestonsburg 0 and it is final.
jetpilot Wrote:PHS won.

haha j/k...Pikeville 5, Prestonsburg 0 and it is final.
Haha! Funny guy! Sounds like an alright game. Who got the start on the hill for Pikeville? Did they go with Cecil or Hamilton?
PHSForever Wrote:Haha! Funny guy! Sounds like an alright game. Who got the start on the hill for Pikeville? Did they go with Cecil or Hamilton?

Cecil pitched a complete game shutout and Pikeville hit the ball very hard all over the park. Prestonsburg had the bases loaded with no outs in the second inning and Pikeville got a strikeout and then a double play to end the inning and P'burg never threatened after that. TongueirateSho
jetpilot Wrote:Cecil pitched a complete game shutout and Pikeville hit the ball very hard all over the park. Prestonsburg had the bases loaded with no outs in the second inning and Pikeville got a strikeout and then a double play to end the inning and P'burg never threatened after that. TongueirateSho
Wow. Sounds very nice...well, that means LC game (if they beat Belfry) is Hamilton's game. Should be VERY interesting. Dang, I hate being out of town and unable to get to these games.
PHSForever Wrote:Wow. Sounds very nice...well, that means LC game (if they beat Belfry) is Hamilton's game. Should be VERY interesting. Dang, I hate being out of town and unable to get to these games.

Wow, you should get back by Thurs if at all possible....Banks is pitching for LC tonight so it would be Hamilton vs. Shepherd if LC holds up their end of the bargain. Probably the best 15th region matchup in ages. Don't remember when it was ever two ranked teams in the finals....if it happens.
Oh, it is killing me. I can't get back until Saturday night. That would be a heck of a matchup, Hamilton has ice-water in his veins, and everyone knows that Shepherd is a heck of a pitcher. Cline is available for LC as well, if Banks goes the distance tonight. And Burton would be available for Pikeville, but not Cecil. Got the makings of a classic, for sure.