Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#19 Pikeville vs. #21 Lawrence County (15th Region Championship) Prediction Thread.
We can make all the predictions we want but honestly no one ever knows what is going to happen. I just want to see a great game and I'm sure it will be.
Huggy acts like he has a nephew on the P-Ville team or something??? :lmao:
Hmmmm.... I wonder who it is? Lol
Panther Thunder Wrote:And Greenup beat Harrison County last year! And Pikeville beat Greenup! And East Ridge beat Pikeville! And Prestonsburg beat East Ridge! And Allen Central beat Prestonsburg! And Betsy Layne beat Allen Central! And Phelps beat Beatsy Layne!

Ladies and Gentlemen, your true 2010 State Champion, the Phelps Hornets!

:1:

Gittin the pre game jitters ain't you PT? Gosh them people at Phelps is goina Hate and them at "Beatsy Layne" tooo. I was with parta ya in the first game but will have to leave ye in this en. Ye gonna be fer the 15 no matter what? I am. Ferget that. War a silly question.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Gittin the pre game jitters ain't you PT? Gosh them people at Phelps is goina Hate and them at "Beatsy Layne" tooo. I was with parta ya in the first game but will have to leave ye in this en. Ye gonna be fer the 15 no matter what? I am. Ferget that. War a silly question.
P and S.Buy tha way did East Ridge really beat the ville last year? Fer real. Your just kiddin rite? Iffin they did you shore made em pay this year. 31runs worth. Have a nice day and a good time at the park PT. Best wishes but I am afraid that I can't hope you win.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think regardless of underdogs or who is favored really makes no difference????!!!! The fact is that both teams have been talking trash since school started and the baseball Gods are finally going to give everybody what they wanted? LC had an easier road in the region, but Pikeville made it thru more easily? It's all going to come down to small ball and preparation. 1 maybe 2 runs will win this game. Whichever coach has prepared their team for what the other does the best, wins. Just my opinion here, but personally I do NOT think that LC has the offense to compete with Pikeville no matter who Pikeville throws? Therefore, I see Pikeville winning the 15th region tonight hands down, and I also see them making a huge run in the tournament. I would be really shocked if they don't make it to the state finals?
I think it has been us fans doing more of the trash talking than the players. Both teams have been classy this year from what I have seen. Irregardless, Go Panthers, I'm predicting 3-2 win by Pikeville. I will be on pins and needles tonight up here in Maryland as I'm trying to get info on the game. LOL
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:P and S.Buy tha way did East Ridge really beat the ville last year? Fer real. Your just kiddin rite? Iffin they did you shore made em pay this year. 31runs worth. Have a nice day and a good time at the park PT. Best wishes but I am afraid that I can't hope you win.
Yes, they did beat us last year, CH. And they definitely did pay for it this year. LOL
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Hmmmm.... I wonder who it is? Lol
Huggy is truly conflicted. He wants LC to win I think, but wants his nephew to have an awesome game.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:If no errors, 11 innings 2-1 LC. Very big game for eastern ky baseball as a lot of scouts will be in attendance.
I think this is where Pikeville wins the game. They've consistently been a very good defensive team. I think they had a hiccup or two against Paintsville, but that was very unusual for them. Usually pretty error-free ball from their defense.
There is nothing wrong witht that, his nephew is a great young man and a class act. Good luck to both teams, lay it all on the line. Bottom line... WIN OR GO HOME...
PHSForever Wrote:I think it has been us fans doing more of the trash talking than the players. Both teams have been classy this year from what I have seen. Irregardless, Go Panthers, I'm predicting 3-2 win by Pikeville. I will be on pins and needles tonight up here in Maryland as I'm trying to get info on the game. LOL

If you have a laptop, WDHR is carrying it I think.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:There is nothing wrong witht that, his nephew is a great young man and a class act. Good luck to both teams, lay it all on the line. Bottom line... WIN OR GO HOME...

Never said they were anything wrong with it or never said his nephew wasn't a great young man or player?? I was just simply stateing that he view on the game could be a little biased because of that. Some posts of his make me laugh though, thanks Huggy for the LOL's you provide for me on a daily basis of viewing this issue. :biggrin:
Guys, all the games leading up to this one mean ABSOLUTELY nothing. Doesnt matter who beat who, it comes down to who wins this one. Two great programs, two great teams and one ball game. No matter what happens the 15th will be represented well at state. Good luck to both, but I am for Pikeville. Go Panthers.
I might just make a trip to see this one.:Thumbs:
Commanche Wrote:Guys, all the games leading up to this one mean ABSOLUTELY nothing. Doesnt matter who beat who, it comes down to who wins this one. Two great programs, two great teams and one ball game. No matter what happens the 15th will be represented well at state. Good luck to both, but I am for Pikeville. Go Panthers.

Good post!! Other than the last part! haha GO BULLDOGS!!! :rockon:
PHSForever Wrote:I think it has been us fans doing more of the trash talking than the players. Both teams have been classy this year from what I have seen. Irregardless, Go Panthers, I'm predicting 3-2 win by Pikeville. I will be on pins and needles tonight up here in Maryland as I'm trying to get info on the game. LOL
I agree with you guys for the most part. I see a very nice fan game in the old(new) ballpark tonight. Lots of good baseball. I must disagree with Slim on his statement about ease of play for P-ville. We may very well see the type of game seen earlier this year which is a rather nice prefix to this one. I think you would have had to seen that one to better appreciate this one. Realistically I don't have a clue as to the winner. I use that first game as a reference. I do not believe that Shep will make mistakes in this game. I believe that in my heart of hearts. For Shep to loose and pick up the L his teammates will have to let him down . He has had 18 K's on numerous occassions,but 21 that's requesting a bit much, against a team like Pikeville.
What exit off of us 23 do you take to get to this game?

Thanks
turk left at stop lights past weight station then go over the hill and vear right to pburg stonecrest sign on left off that road..
termite Wrote:What exit off of us 23 do you take to get to this game?

Thanks
Coming from Lawrence County, take a LEFT at the stoplight at the bottom of the hill onto 1428. You will cross a bridge and see a community college on your left. Turn LEFT onto the road between the community college and the BP gas station, follow this road straight to the stop sign. Turn LEFT again onto this road, you will pass Jerry's Restaraunt, Dairy Cheer, etc. Continue straight for a couple miles (approximately), Stonecrest entrance and sign will be on your RIGHT. Turn here and follow the signs up to the baseball field. The other directions that are provided above are okay as well, a little bit of a longer way though not by too much. If you go the way LCGrad gives you directions, you go over that hill he is speaking of, cross the bridge and veer right (hospital will be in front of you as you are veering right), and it will be about 4 or 5 miles down the road when you see Stonecrest entrance.
I haven't got the chance to make a post in a while so I guess I will wipe the dust off by posting on this thread.

First off, I would like to say that this post hasn't really gotten out of hand yet; which is surprising considering these two teams hate each other. Trust me, I have heard it all year..." I can't wait until we play Pikeville." or "Pikeville is not going to know what hit them." Stuff like this makes me appreciate and love sports. You could not set up a rematch any better than this..

Whoever wins this game, which will be the Bulldogs of course, will win the state championship. That's how big these teams are.

BTW, can anyone give me a link to a website or radio station that will be covering the game? I wont be able to make it..
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:I haven't got the chance to make a post in a while so I guess I will wipe the dust off by posting on this thread.

First off, I would like to say that this post hasn't really gotten out of hand yet; which is surprising considering these two teams hate each other. Trust me, I have heard it all year..." I can't wait until we play Pikeville." or "Pikeville is not going to know what hit them." Stuff like this makes me appreciate and love sports. You could not set up a rematch any better than this..

Whoever wins this game, which will be the Bulldogs of course, will win the state championship. That's how big these teams are.

BTW, can anyone give me a link to a website or radio station that will be covering the game? I wont be able to make it..
The 10th Inning at Stonecrest... Shirts People!!

But, SMH about the state championship comment. That's a little bold.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The 10th Inning at Stonecrest... Shirts People!!

But, SMH about the state championship comment. That's a little bold.

Yea, your right. Foolish of me for saying Pikeville could go on and win the state championship. That is pretty bold to say the least.

BTW, about the 10th inning, Chandler would look good in a t-shirt. It would go along nicely with his National Championship ring he won with Midland. lol
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:I haven't got the chance to make a post in a while so I guess I will wipe the dust off by posting on this thread.

http://www.wdhr.com/Site/ListenLive.html

There ya go, 93.1 WDHR is covering it live.
Almost game time and I will take LC in 10 innings tonight
MaxPreps does a pretty decent little thing where they allow you to compare teams. Just for the fun of it, I did a comparison of LC and Pikeville, you can see it at this link:

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/stats/preg...a44e9c04c7

The main thing I take away from the comparison is the runs by inning averages. Look at Pikeville's averages over innings 5, 6, and 7 in particular versus LC's. That shows that a team has a tendency to get dialed in on pitchers later in a game. Yeah, the runs average is a little inflated in the early innings for Pikeville due to competition they've played, but I really believe that the last few innings are where the comparison may be relevant in this game. Pretty interesting, I had never seen this action MaxPreps allows you to do before. I would have done a screen capture and pasted it here, but it would not allow me to paste it.