Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Co. 9 Pikeville 6 (15th Region Championship)
Wow what a game this one was
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Dogs! So much trash talked on this site all year. Taking the high road. Both teams have had a great stretch over the last few years. Congrats Dogs on being clutch on the big stage. Baseball is a team game and it took the team tonight. That's the way it should be. Congrats Pikeville on another great year and congrats to the Bulldogs on a huge win on what has been one heck of a half decade on the diamond! Congrats Chan I'm proud of you!
looks like the panther faithful can go ahead and cancel those reservations made.
Pikeville went up 6-1 at one time in this one then LC came out and scored 8 straight runs
Also congrats to Chandler Shepherd on being named the 15th Region MVP
Should of been a no-brainer on who the winner of this game would be. Pikeville has been a big fluke all year. Just because they won more games doesn't prove jack! As you can tell from this score-fact proven! They got some hits of Shep, and I will give them that, but to blow a lead like that...well, that's just EMBARRASSING

LAWRENCE COUNTY !%TH REGION CHAMPS :1:!
Should of been a no-brainer on who the winner of this game would be. Pikeville has been a big fluke all year. Just because they won more games doesn't prove jack! As you can tell from this score-fact proven! They got some hits of Shep, and I will give them that, but to blow a lead like that...well, that's just EMBARRASSING

LAWRENCE COUNTY !5TH REGION CHAMPS :1:!
This was a much higher score than I anticipated. Way to go Dawgs, and good season Pikeville!
Wow, what a game!!!

I seriously thought Pikeville had this one in the bag when they were up, 6-1, however Lawrence loaded the bases and then hit a triple and tied the game. Then Hamilton for Pikeville threw a wild pitch and the guy at 3rd wound up scoring and Lawrence never looked back, because Chandler got into the zone and put on a show. Both teams put on a show!

I'm really glad I decided to goto this one, as I walk away with nothing but respect for both teams. Pikeville shouldn't be holding their heads, although this will be a pill those seniors won't be able to swallow for the rest of their lives.

Great game!!!

Also, UK's baseball coach was in attendence as was several other college scouts and a scout from the Yankees.
great game but they really messed up my 2-1 prediction. where did all that offense come from? congrats LC on the win, congrats pikeville on a great and memorable season.
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:Should of been a no-brainer on who the winner of this game would be. Pikeville has been a big fluke all year. Just because they won more games doesn't prove jack! As you can tell from this score-fact proven! They got some hits of Shep, and I will give them that, but to blow a lead like that...well, that's just EMBARRASSING

LAWRENCE COUNTY !%TH REGION CHAMPS :1:!
Wow. Way to show your class, Ex. Both teams had fantastic seasons. I will root for LC in the state tournament. Pikeville has absolutely no reason to be embarassed at all, and I don't think any true baseball fan on this site was thinking Pikeville was better simply because of the won-loss record. Their run at state last year, PLUS their season this year was plenty of reason to believe they were for real. And answer me this, how many other teams this year got 6 runs off Chandler? How many other teams smacked around the great D-1 signee from LC? That's not a fluke, and Chandler is the real deal, make no mistake, I am not dissing him at all.

Enjoy your team's win, but show a little more class and a little less ass, please.
bulldog42 Wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Dogs! So much trash talked on this site all year. Taking the high road. Both teams have had a great stretch over the last few years. Congrats Dogs on being clutch on the big stage. Baseball is a team game and it took the team tonight. That's the way it should be. Congrats Pikeville on another great year and congrats to the Bulldogs on a huge win on what has been one heck of a half decade on the diamond! Congrats Chan I'm proud of you!

Agree :Thumbs:
Wow, didn't expect this at all. I really thought the Panthers would win this one.

But Congrats Dawgs and good luck at state.

And also cograts to Pikeville on a wonderful season.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Really glad I went to this game. Both teams started off somewhat slow but then the bats got going for both teams. Congrats to Pikeville on a great season and showing heart and class in defeat, hope the Pikeville faithful are proud of those young men. As for LC, they stuck together and fought through adversity and came away with a 15th Region Title. Congrats boys and looking forward to making the trip to Lex-Vegas for the state tourney. INSTANT CLASSIC!!!

On another note the scout from the Yankees was sitting 2 people down from me and clocked Chandler at his fastest at 91 mph. I dont know if the guy is correct but thought I would just pass that on.
I have a lot to say but it's against the rules, so I have a smiley I'd like to share. :moon: That goes to a certain individual and his nephew! Confusedhh:
Good game Panter fans. Impressive to score 6 runs off Shep. Equally impressive for the Dawgs to score 9. Good luck next year.
I'm glad i made the trip to catch this one. I thought both teams were impressive. The first 4 innings was as good of baseball as i have seen. I came away impressed with Shepherds composure. He gave up 4 runs on 4 hits and 1 error in the 4th inning but NEVER lost his composure or showed any emotion. He just stayed the coarse and rocked and fired. It set a great example for some young players we brought with us. Chandler Shepherd has a fan from Harlan County.......
alot of pikevilles hits were little bloop shots they didnt square up to many balls
Wildcats11 Wrote:I have a lot to say but it's against the rules, so I have a smiley I'd like to share. :moon: That goes to a certain individual and his nephew! Confusedhh:
Really what can you say but this was a game to remember! Congrats to LC for never giving up! And I am so glad you are thinking of me and my nephew we appreciate it thank you buddy!!!!
Congratulations to LC.
I watched the game and I thought Shepperd was impressive but many people didnt think that Pikeville would put 6 on him, but congrats to LC for the win.
huggybus02 Wrote:Really what can you say but this was a game to remember! Congrats to LC for never giving up! And I am so glad you are thinking of me and my nephew we appreciate it thank you buddy!!!!

I'm always thinking about you sweetie!! :biggrin:
wow...what a game. ive never in my life seen that much hype in a game as i did in this one. pikeville looked good, but the dawgs hit the ball when it counted most. #2 David B. really impressed me tonight as did the rest of the team. big players make big plays in big time situations. huh....where are all the pikeville fans tonight. all the trash talking weve shared back and forth back and forth and not many congrats? congrats to sam burton on a great senior season...good luck at walter state. nothing against your uncle but hopefully he will keep his cocky behavior to himself now. its been a great ride..see ya in lex!
Congrats LC! Actually we congratulated the Bulldogs face to face not behind a screen name like some of you faceless punks.

The Bulldogs played there hearts out and so did the Panthers. Great game.

Dinks!!!!! Where did this come from? One bloop and the rest solid hits, say what you want but Chan got hit on. I bet Gary Henderson saw it like I did. Chan did a fabulous job keeping composure and staying the course, he was awesome in the 6th and 7th. I wish Steve Lane, Clark and Gavin coulld have got back around.

MVP for the tourney should have been Tate Banks, plain and simple.

I am out of time, to you idiots who posted above I will send a lengthy response to you tonight. To everyone else Congrats again.
The 2011 15th Regional Baseball Season, is now in the history books. The Champion L.C. Dawgs were led to the victory,not carried ,pushed or otherwise moved;by All American Chandler Shepherd. "Shep" to his frends and teammates. A special thanks to a very special group of people and they know who they know who they are. As to the Pikeville Panther Baseball Team,you are a very special bunch of young men. This not only to your families and friends but to the baseball community at large.You gave us the motivation to finally play the game of baseball as a team sport. Without that motivation you would have surely won this game. There were no loosers on the playing surface last evening. The only loosers came from the ranks of people choosing to play something other than baseball during the season.From here on out whatever happens to the L.C," D A W G S", will simply will be very sweet icing on the cake. :biggrin:
Commanche Wrote:Congrats LC! Actually we congratulated the Bulldogs face to face not behind a screen name like some of you faceless punks.

Dinks!!!!! Where did this come from? One bloop and the rest solid hits, say what you want but Chan got hit on. I bet Gary Henderson saw it like I did. Chan did a fabulous job keeping composure and staying the course, he was awesome in the 6th and 7th. I wish Steve Lane, Clark and Gavin coulld have got back around.

I am out of time, to you idiots who posted above I will send a lengthy response to you tonight. To everyone else Congrats again.
Commanche:You guys are a class act but don't jump into the boat with that which we most dislike. Believe me the type of behavior these guys have shown is recognized for what it is. By the way I stood near the 2 for Blue most of the night. I don't believe they think you get the perfect game every night. "Feller" and "Ryan" couldn't do it. I think that the 6th and 7th were supportive of what they wanted to see "Composure" under fire.
Congrats DAWGS!!! Good luck at State i will be rooting for ya all the way. Congrats on a wonderful season Pikeville.
Commanche Wrote:Congrats LC! Actually we congratulated the Bulldogs face to face not behind a screen name like some of you faceless punks.

Other than Gavin Millers liner to LC's 3B, what basehit was a "rope"? Pikeville only squared Shepherd up about 3 times. You can argue against that all you want, but it was the bloops that scored the runs. But they do count as hits, and Pikeville is a good hitting team. But do not get on here with your cocky LOSER attitude and claim that you "roughed up" Shepherd and made him look less impressive in front of his UK coach.

Oh, didn't LC outhit Pikeville last night? Against Hamilton? Who you and everyone else said LC could never do? I'm glad you Pikeville fans can lose with class instead of making excuses or spinning it in your favor. :eyeroll:
Predicted a 7-6 dawgs win but after they were down 6-1 thought the panthers were a lock. Just goes to show when you never give up what can happen.

Thought the hit & aggressive base running by Ethan Daniel to start the 6th inning was huge for Lawrence as that seemed to motivate his team-mates & give a spark.
Wildcats11 Wrote:I have a lot to say but it's against the rules, so I have a smiley I'd like to share. :moon: That goes to a certain individual and his nephew! Confusedhh:

Goes to confirm exactly what PHS4EVER said, show some class. The nephew is a fine young man. I wish him the best of luck.