Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparing for the Coming Economic Collapse
Still stocking up on my AMMO!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Been stocking up on Ammo for a while now. I can Kill it. I can catch. & I can grow it. And all that is without Ammo. The Ammo is for the ones trying to steal it! :Angry07::USAFlag:

:worthy::Clap:Amen brother...
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I've found a video that some of you might be interested in seeing:

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="howcastplayer">
How To Survive Total Economic Collapse on Howcast

The downgrade on our national credit rating by S&P is another sign that the economic collapse is coming.

China is telling us to cut more of our government spending: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...32923.html

From what I understand, China is one of the last countries that is allowing us to borrow their money. If that's true and they stop letting us borrow money, then we will be in an economic collapse.

^There was some advice from this video that I personally didn't like. According to this video, it recommends to invest in stocks. I personally disagree with that. I personally think the value of stocks will dramatically go down when the economic collapse occurs. If anything, I would recommend investing in gold since it's value will rise as our currency loses value.

There was one last point I wanted to talk about. As Gary Yantis stated in one of his interview videos that I posted in post #67, the most likely attack on our country from a sovereign nation would be either a cyber attack or an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack. If we're going to have an economic collapse and be in trouble as a nation, I would think North Korea or Iran attacking us with an EMP could be possible. An EMP attack would destroy anything that runs on electricity. From my research, there are ways to protect electronics from an EMP attack. Here's a video:

I have no idea if we will be attacked with an EMP or not (and hopefully we won't), but it's good to prepare just in case. If we are attacked with an EMP, then the survival information that I posted at first might be sort-of useful.
Deathstar.. Not to nitpick at you, but the collapse didn't happen lol.
Ballers Wrote:Deathstar.. Not to nitpick at you, but the collapse didn't happen lol.

You're right that it hasn't happened yet. However, as I said earlier, the coming economic collapse is unavoidable. It's going to eventually occur.

In post #78, I listed the three options that our country had. We've chosen option #3, where we continue spending more than we take in for revenue. This, along with "Quantitative Easing" (printing more paper money to buy our own bonds), only postpones the coming economic collapse. And this can't continue forever. If people get the idea that they will only be paid back by our country through heavily devalued money, people will refuse to let us borrow any more of their money. And the only way to prevent people from getting this idea is by cutting spending / raising taxes, which would cause an economic collapse for our country.

Our government spends more than it takes in as revenue. When people refuse to let us borrow their money, this will force our government to "live within it's means" and cut spending. This will cause an economic collapse.

Here's a good example: Just like with anyone's personal life, when you continuously spend more than you take in, you will eventually be in financial trouble and you have to eventually cut your spending. When you spend less, you go through tough times. And if you get the idea to continuously spend money by taking out a loan over and over again, eventually the bank's going to tell you, "We're not giving you any more loans. As a matter of fact, pay us back." This will force you to "live within your means" by cutting how much you spend, which will cause you to live through tough times.

Our country will eventually be forced to cut spending, whether we are willing to or not. And the moment that people refuse to let us borrow their money, our country will be forced to cut spending and we will experience an economic collapse.

... Actually, I just now thought of someone who would continuously let us borrow their money, but it's still not good for us. The Federal Reserve might continuously print more paper money in order to buy our bonds, but this would be very bad. This would devalue the money that each citizen has and, therefore, cause even more inflation. If it becomes bad enough, it's called "hyperinflation", which is possible to occur since our country has a lot of national debt. In the end, hyperinflation would leave our country in an even bigger mess than what it would've been in if we had simply chosen to cut spending / raise taxes and "live within our means".

But overall, I honestly have no idea when the coming economic collapse will occur. All we can do is prepare and hope for the best.
I just wanted to let everyone know that September might be the month when the economic collapse occurs. I know that a lot of you don't like me mentioning Glenn Beck, but I think it was two or three months ago when Glenn Beck said that we would experience "top down, bottom up" by this September.

Some of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about when I say, "top down, bottom up". The phrase "top down, bottom up" is a phrase used by Glenn Beck when he refers to the strategy of the communist takeover of Czechoslovakia. I've found a video where Glenn Beck talks about this. Please watch only to the 2:14 minute-mark. Here's the video:

I'm not sure if he's talking about the economic collapse when he says "top down, bottom up", but please keep in mind that the coming trouble for our country might start sometime in September.

And as Hoot Gibson has already stated with this thread, the riots have already occurred, and that's what Glenn Beck might've been referring to when he was saying "top down, bottom up".

Also, I want to let everyone know why I became concerned with an EMP attack from Iran or North Korea. If that did happen and all electronics were destroyed, I would assume you would have to be completely self-reliant. Please prepare for this.

If you live in a city, I highly recommend that you plan where you would go and how you would get there if an EMP attack occurred (and you couldn't rely on your car since all electronics wouldn't work, unless you had prepared for an EMP attack). I highly recommend that you plan on going somewhere in the country. If people in the city realize what just happened, I would assume there would be a lot of chaos in that city. I would assume the safest place to be would be in an isolated rural area.

And something to keep in mind is that even if we're not attacked with an EMP, you should always keep notice of when the electricity goes out. I think I remember watching a video on the internet about a person experiencing an economic collapse, and this person being interviewed said that if we were living in a city and the electricity was out for three or more days, you should leave the city. I'm not sure why he said this, but I would assume there would be a lot of chaos and possibly an increase of crime because of this. This interview might be in one of the three video interviews that I've posted in post #67, where Fernando "Ferfal" Aguirre was interviewed.
I forgot to mention something. I did hear that when the USSR economically collapsed, the suicide rate greatly increased. I want to let everyone know that when our economy collapses, there might be some who will think of committing suicide. I really hope this doesn't happen, though.

Just in case if this might happen when our country's economy collapses, my best guess of what to do about this is to inform your loved ones that you have a plan and that they're going to be fine. Afterward, you can then tell them the plan that you had prepared before the economic collapse occurred.

Just in case, I wanted to type this for future use: If the economic collapse has already occurred and you're reading this, you could inform your loved ones by simply reading this thread and telling them the information in this thread.

You could tell your loved ones after the economic collapse, but I would think it would be better to say to your loved ones that you have a plan before the economy collapses. I would think when the economic collapse does occur, this will help them calm down at least a little bit.

Here are the reactions to change that your loved ones might go through when the economic collapse occurs:
1) Stability: The present state.
2) Immobilization: Shock or paralysis to initial change.
3) Denial: Change-related information is ignored or not accepted as reality.
4) Anger: Frustration and anger as a reaction to change and often directed to those most supportive of the change effort.
5) Bargaining: Negotiation to avoid pending change, signifying that the person can no longer deny the change process.
6) Depression: A typical response to negatively perceived change, including disengagement and a decrease in physical and emotional energy.
7) Testing: Regaining a sense of control and seeking out new ways to redefine goals.
8) Acceptance: Change is responded to realistically, even though individuals may still be adverse to the change.

If there happens to be a psychologist here on the website or if you can talk to a psychologist about this, please help me with this. I'm not a psychologist and I'm only giving guesses that I can think of.
Glenn Beck, The Guy that just called IRENE a BLESSING....
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Glenn Beck, The Guy that just called IRENE a BLESSING....

I prefer not to talk about that in this thread. But when Glenn Beck predicts that September might be the month when our country starts getting into trouble, that's what matters in this thread. The fact that everyone should remember is that many of Glenn Beck's odd predictions (such as with monetizing our debt, the uprising in the Middle East, and the coming economic collapse) have been correct in the past, and I'm personally going to take Glenn Beck seriously. If he says September might be the month where there are riots or the actual economic collapse occurs, I'm going to keep that in mind.

I don't want to argue in this thread about what Glenn Beck truly meant when he said Hurricane Irene was a blessing, but I instead want to keep this thread's focus on the coming economic collapse. Please prepare for tough times, just in case they do come this September.

I want to apologize again for having to use Glenn Beck as a reference. I know that many of you dislike Glenn because of political reasons, but please take him seriously when he talks about a coming economic collapse. I know the message of preparing for a coming economic collapse shouldn't involve politics. Therefore, please ignore any political bias from Glenn Beck. And just to warn everyone, he can hide his political bias very well.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/09/...ervention/

After reading the above link, I think that link might explain why Glenn Beck might've said that the economic collapse would occur this September. It looks like our country is running out of money.

Also, here's a video I thought was important to watch:

This video shows what could happen if an entire city loses power. I think this might be why it's important to leave a city if it goes without electricity for three days or more.
Just to let everyone know, I'm about to show some material that once again involves Glenn Beck. And as I always say about any material I use, please be careful about any political bias. And to let everyone know, Glenn Beck is very good at hiding his political bias. This information isn't for political purposes, but to inform you and to encourage you to prepare.

But just to update everyone, here's a very interesting video I've found. I remember that a few months ago, Glenn Beck explained that J.P. Morgan Chase (a nationally-known bank) was going to be a victim of "economic terrorism" (link 1, link 2). And I think it might've been yesterday when Glenn Beck showed this video:

(Please at least watch from the 3:17 minute-mark)

What happens on September 17th?

^This might be the reason why Glenn Beck said the "top down, bottom up" strategy would start this September.
Here's another very important link:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-tic...15105.html

Here's a quote I would like to emphasize:

Quote:"The fundamental problem," Brook says, is with the philosophical belief our society has that governments can solve problems and more rules and regulations are the answer to our economic ailments.

Barring "real structural change" to our economic underpinnings toward self-reliance and true laissez-faire capitalism, "we can buy time, but we can't change the outcome," Brook says.

And what will that outcome be? A repeat of the Great Depression in the 'best'-case scenario, he says. And the worse-case? A repeat of the fall of the Roman Empire.

Please prepare for the coming economic collapse. Time is running out.

*EDIT*: I just noticed that the person on the video said that the economic collapse could happen forty years from now, but I highly disagree with him. Our country has reached it's "credit card limit". I really think we're about to experience the economic collapse within the next few months or a year from now.
I just found a very important video:

Please watch this video, especially at the 9:00 minute-mark. Here's the specific quotes that I want to emphasize:

Quote:Interviewer: "So then, what is the future of the US dollar as the reserve currency?"

Michael Hudson: "It means that it's finished..."

Notice the book behind Michael Hudson. It's called "Super Imperialism" and it has a picture of the US flag. I'm assuming he's not a friend of ours.
Here's another important video:

^They say that if the politicians in Europe can't find a solution to the national debt problems in Europe, there could be economic trouble in two or three weeks. Since this video was made a week ago, this would mean that this could be one or two weeks away.

Just to let everyone know, Glenn Beck told his viewers of some solutions for the coming economic collapse. Here is the link:

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/10/14/high...v-special/

Here's Glenn Beck's list to prepare for the coming economic collapse:

Quote:BUY FARM LAND
GROW YOUR OWN FOOD. LIVE NEAR PEOPLE AND BEGIN TO MAKE ALLIANCES OF SKILLS (BARTER) LIVE NEAR FARM LAND

ELECTRONICS FREE
PAPER COPIES OF IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS
KNOW WHERE YOUR DEEDS ARE. TAKE THEM IN EMERGENCY
RUSSIAN GANGS IN TROUBLE

COLLEGE/SCHOOL
APPRENTICESHIPS ARE THE FUTURE.
DISCUSS THE VALUE OF SCHOOL FOR WHAT YOU CAN EARN.
DO NOT LOOK FOR LABELS THEY WILL BECOME MEANINGLESS (YALE)
FIND OTHER FORMS OF SCHOOL. ON LINE.
TEACH YOUNG CHILDREN NOW THAT COLLEGE IS NOT A GIVEN
DEMAND MERIT FROM SCHOOL AND STUDENT OR PULL YOUR TIME/ $
EDUCATE YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES. ALWAYS READ.
HAVE A HARD COPY OF IMPORTANT BOOKS AND DOCUMENTS
LEARN OLD AND OR LOST PRACTICES.
MENDING/CANNING/FARMING
LEARN TO FIX AN ENGINE
RE-LEARN READING A MAP
KNOW THE NEWS. LIFE CAN CHANGE QUICKLY.
BE ABLE TO DEFEND YOUR POSITIONS BY KNOWING THE OTHER SIDE

TRADITIONS
PRESERVE WHAT IS IMPORTANT. SHED ALL OTHERS. CONSERVE AND
PRESERVE. RECLAIM AND RESTORE.

MONEY -
GOLD, FOOD, CIGARETTES, LIQUOR, SUGAR, AMMUNITION, GUNS, SEEDS,
SKILLS (BARTER) KNOWLEDGE
HAVE 30 DAYS CASH ON HAND
BUY A HOUSE
STOP ALL EXCESS SPENDING. BUY QUALITY ONLY. FORGET FASHION ONLY
MEASURE TWICE – CUT ONCE. DO NOT WASTE.
CONSIDER A FUEL EFFICIENT – SUV/TRUCK
CONSIDER SOMETHING PRIOR TO 1979 FIX YOURSELF

LIVE NEAR LIKE MINDED PEOPLE. TEXAS, MOUNTAINS OR WHERE GOD STILL PLAYS A ROLE IN REAL LIFE
IF YOU CANNOT MOVE (NO PLACE WILL BE UNTOUCHED) CREATE NETWORK

BUSINESS/WORK
BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE. BE THE ONE EMPLOYEE NO ONE CAN FIRE
SMALL BIZ – BE THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE NO ONE CAN CANCEL
CONSERVE AND PRESERVE
LEARN FROM THE DEPRESSION -
ADVERTISE WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS: CHEVOLET
STAY IN BUSINESS BUT DOWNSIZE AND PRESERVE (ARCH)
HONESTY, INTEGRITY AND CHARITY.

BE GEORGE BAILEY
SPIT YOURSELF OUT OF THE SYSTEM. TURN UPSIDE DOWN NOW
PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR HEART IS
DO BUSINESS IN SYMBIOTIC WAYS – WE NEED EACH OTHER
DO NOT TRY TO PUT OTHERS OUT OF BUSINESS, LET THEM DO IT.
GIMBLES AND MACYS
NEVER BE THE SMARTEST MAN IN THE ROOM
TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES THE BEST YOU CAN.
TAKE LESS AND GIVE MORE
READ FRANKLIN AND WASHINGTON

LIFE
DO NOT PLAN YOUR LIFE AND THEN MOVE. PLAN, LISTEN AND OBEY
PRACTICE AT LEAST FRANKLINS AMERICAN RELIGION
SERVE
HONOR ALL OF YOUR OBLIGATIONS
PRESERVE – FOOD, TIME, MONEY, ENERGY
TEACH YOUR CHILDREN THE BASICS. VALUES/PRINCIPLES

DO WITH LESS NOW. LESS OF A SHOCK IF IT COMES LATER
SERVE/SHARE
JOIN A 9.12 GROUP. LINK ON LINE. PHONE AND LOCATIONS
HAVE A MEETING PLACE ESTABLISHED FOR FAMILY
READ THE BIBLE
HAVE A GUN AND KNOW HOW TO SHOOT IT.
RESOLVE THOSE ISSUES THAT ARE HOLDING YOU BACK
STOP ALL BEHAVIOR THAT DOES NOT EXPAND YOU OR OTHERS INTO GOOD
MAKE AMENDS FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
FIND PEACE AND GET TO WORK
TEACH CHILDREN WORK ETHIC
TOLERATE NOTHING THAT YOU FEEL IS WRONG BY REMAINING SILENT
LET YOUR CHILDREN SEE YOU STAND
BE HONORABLE IN ALL OF YOUR DEALINGS
UNDERSTAND THAT ANGER IS A PART OF LIFE BUT NEVER FEED IT
THE FIRST LOOK IS NOT A PROBLEM. IT IS THE SECOND LOOK.
NEVER BE THE BEST MAN/WOMAN IN THE ROOM.
BE HAPPY AND OPTIMISTIC. LIFE WILL GO ON. MAKE PLANS FOR THE
FUTURE. GET MARRIED. HAVE CHILDREN.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:^There was some advice from this video that I personally didn't like. According to this video, it recommends to invest in stocks. I personally disagree with that. I personally think the value of stocks will dramatically go down when the economic collapse occurs. If anything, I would recommend investing in gold since it's value will rise as our currency loses value.

There was one last point I wanted to talk about. As Gary Yantis stated in one of his interview videos that I posted in post #67, the most likely attack on our country from a sovereign nation would be either a cyber attack or an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack. If we're going to have an economic collapse and be in trouble as a nation, I would think North Korea or Iran attacking us with an EMP could be possible. An EMP attack would destroy anything that runs on electricity. From my research, there are ways to protect electronics from an EMP attack. Here's a video:

I have no idea if we will be attacked with an EMP or not (and hopefully we won't), but it's good to prepare just in case. If we are attacked with an EMP, then the survival information that I posted at first might be sort-of useful.

The kind of EMP you're talking about is a HEMP, which is a high altitude EMP. It's usually a nuclear bomb of some type, detonated about 200km-400km above the surface of the earth. Our military has quite a few hypothetical EMP scenarios, actually.

Iran or North Korea attacking us with an EMP is alot less possible then one of them hitting our capitol or other major cities with a nuke...they don't even have the capability for a nuclear-EMP right now, much less a way to launch it.

I think our biggest enemy if this collapse happens will be ourselves. Not China, North Korea, Iran or anyone else. In my opinion...
vundy33 Wrote:The kind of EMP you're talking about is a HEMP, which is a high altitude EMP. It's usually a nuclear bomb of some type, detonated about 200km-400km above the surface of the earth. Our military has quite a few hypothetical EMP scenarios, actually.

Iran or North Korea attacking us with an EMP is alot less possible then one of them hitting our capitol or other major cities with a nuke...they don't even have the capability for a nuclear-EMP right now, much less a way to launch it.

I think our biggest enemy if this collapse happens will be ourselves. Not China, North Korea, Iran or anyone else. In my opinion...

Thanks for your advice vundy33. When I was typing that, I really wasn't sure if an EMP attack would be possible or not.

And just to tell everyone, if I happened to have missed something, please feel free to post here. Or if I told you some information to prepare and you disagree with my information, please feel free to post that here as well. I meant for this thread to be for everyone to openly discuss how we could prepare.
:Wave:
I've found a video where they're mentioning the coming economic collapse. In this video, it involves economist Marc Faber. At the beginning of this video, Faber mentions the "bubble in the U.S.", or also known as the coming economic collapse. Here's the video:

Just to let everyone know, I can probably keep looking for videos that involve people talking about how there's a coming economic collapse. However, this will probably be my last video of that. I encourage you to please do your own research about this and please determine this for yourself.

The main reason why I wanted to post in this thread again was to ask all of you if you might have any solutions for those who are currently on medicine and who might run out in the coming economic collapse. I've tried my best to find some possible solutions, but I can't find anyone even mentioning medicine.
I'm sure many of you are tired of me bringing this thread back, but I just thought of something that I thought was important to mention. But this advice that I'm about to give doesn't have to just be used in the coming economic collapse. It can be for any tough time that you might have to go through.

When the economic collapse occurs (or when any tough time occurs), I imagine that people will become very bitter. You might have friends who are very, very good friends. However, when their lives start to get tougher, their worry might discourage them from helping you or others like they used to. I encourage you to become a person who will help others during tough times and even at your own expense. It will be very tough to do this, especially if people become very worried about their own lives (as I personally expect them to). But it's very important to each community that there are people who care for others. I personally expect that there will be fewer people who will be willing to care for others when this economic collapse occurs.

The reason why I didn't think about this earlier was because I first thought communities would automatically come together. But now that I think about it, I expect that people will greatly worry about their own lives and, therefore, would be more encouraged to help themselves than others. Whatever tough time you might have, please continue to help others. And please encourage church leaders to help others when the economic collapse comes, since it will most likely be the churches that will have the best opportunity to unite communities. But if you can't encourage church leaders to help others, don't force them.

Whatever happens, please continue to help others. During very tough times, the world will definitely need those type of people.
:HitWall:
I've thought of a way to help all of you understand why I personally think an economic collapse is coming. Here's the link where I'll be taking information from:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

On that website, it shows the sources of where it has received that information. Such as for the "US National Debt", it took that number from the US treasury.

According to the above website, here's some information I would like to emphasize:

US Federal tax revenue -> $2.3 trillion
US Federal spending -> $3.6 trillion
US National debt -> $14.9 trillion

According to the above numbers, we are currently borrowing $1.3 trillion. This means that our national debt will increase by this much.

In order to start paying back our national debt, we have to completely stop borrowing money. Here's how the math works:

$3.6 trillion <-- (the current amount our government is spending)
- $1.3 trillion <--(the current amount our government is borrowing)
---------------
$2.3 trillion <--(the amount we would spend if we completely stopped all of our borrowing)

Furthermore, we would have to include paying our interest on the national debt:

$2.3 trillion <--(the amount we would spend if we completely stopped all of our borrowing)
- $0.2 trillion <--(the amount of interest that we have to pay for our national debt)
---------------
$ 2.1 trillion <--(the limit to what we can spend if we choose to not add on any more to the national debt)

^^According to this math, we can only spend $2.1 trillion just to prevent ourselves from adding onto the national debt. But if we do that, we'll cut around 41% of our government spending. As many Democrats have said, this will obviously hurt our national economy. And they're absolutely right.

But remember, reducing our government spending by 41% will only prevent us from adding onto the national debt. In order for our country to start paying back the $14 trillion that it owes to others, it has to cut spending even more. That's important to keep in mind.

Of course, we don't have to just cut government spending. It's also been mentioned that we can raise taxes and, therefore, increase tax revenue. I'm not going to debate exactly on what we should do since that is involved with politics, and this thread is especially not for talking about politics. Political discussion is for a different thread.

If we don't cut government spending or raise taxes, there's one last option for us, called "hyperinflation". The Federal Reserve can print around $14.9 trillion paper dollars and give them to those who we owe it to. Keep in mind, these paper dollars have no value whatsoever behind them. It's only paper being printed out. This would cause our currency to be completely worthless. For example, if you have $50,000 in the bank, it will be worth around $0 after hyperinflation takes full effect. You can read more about the effects of hyperinflation by reading about the hyperinflation of the Weimar Republic.

And when we do cut government spending, it's tough to decide what programs we should cut. Should we cut defense spending? Or social security? Or medicare/medicaid?

I challenge anyone who still doesn't believe that an economic collapse is coming. My challenge is for you to find a way to pay back our country's $14.9 trillion without cutting our government spending/raising taxes (because that would cause an economic collapse) and without hyperinflation (because that would cause an economic collapse). And when you do find a way, please explain the different programs that you would cut and how much you would cut from that program.

I'm trying to warn all of you about this for a reason. I personally think that the times that are coming are going to be very, very tough. Please, I've begged you over and over again to research this yourself for the sake of you and your family. I'm 100% certain that this is coming. I've already made up my mind on what to believe.
I've recently realized that even though we might prepare as much as we can for the coming economic collapse, it certainly won't be enough to prevent any trouble or mistakes from occurring. Since we haven't experienced as bad of an economic collapse that's coming, it's understandable to make some mistakes.

For example, let's say you want to go fishing. But since you've never went fishing before, you have no idea what it's going to be like. You can prepare yourself as much as you can, and it'll certainly help. However, you will still make mistakes simply because it's a new experience.

Just like with the above example, I really think that the plan that we make for the coming economic collapse won't be perfect. No matter how much we plan, we will most likely make mistakes. The thing to remember is to "roll with the punches." In other words, adapt to each problem you're faced with.

The second point I would like to encourage all of you to do is to have a list of bible verses. When you are going through tough times, it personally comforts me to look at those bible verses. Here's my long list of bible verses that I like to look up:

1) Matthew 6:25-34
2) Luke 21:28 and Romans 8:18 and Psalm 27:14
3) 1 Corinthians 4:11-13 and Matthew 5:43-48 and 1 Peter 4:1-2 and 2 Corinthians 1:8
4) Colossians 3:12-17 and Matthew 22:35-40 and Philippians 1:29
5) 1 Timothy 6:3-6 and 1 Corinthians 1:10-13
6) Mark 16:16 and 2 Corinthians 5:15 (How to be saved)
7) Acts 3:19 and Luke 13:3 (How to be saved)
8) Philippians 4:5 and Philippians 4:6
9) 2 Timothy 3:16-17
10) 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
11) Jeremiah 17:7-8
12) John 14:1-6
13) Proverbs 3:5 and Proverbs 19:21
14) Revelation 3:19
15) 1 Samuel 16:7, Psalm 103:8-12, Psalm 34:14, Psalm 37:8-9
16) 2 Chronicles 7:14
17) Ephesians 6:12 and 1 Peter 5:8-9

You've probably noticed that a few bible verses are together on one line. If you're curious, I put those bible verses into a "system" so that I can remember them better. But I encourage you to make your own "system" to help you remember.

There's one last point I would like to mention. Once you have everything prepared, I deeply encourage you to take a break from all of your preparing. Don't get me wrong, it's always good to prepare and keep up with information on the news. However, I've noticed that it's also good for a person to take a break from all of their preparing. It's difficult for me to explain, but I've noticed in the past few weeks that it's helped me better realize what I should expect from the coming economic collapse. Therefore, I encourage all of you to take a break from preparing once you're finished preparing.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I've thought of a way to help all of you understand why I personally think an economic collapse is coming. Here's the link where I'll be taking information from:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

On that website, it shows the sources of where it has received that information. Such as for the "US National Debt", it took that number from the US treasury.

According to the above website, here's some information I would like to emphasize:

US Federal tax revenue -> $2.3 trillion
US Federal spending -> $3.6 trillion
US National debt -> $14.9 trillion

According to the above numbers, we are currently borrowing $1.3 trillion. This means that our national debt will increase by this much.

In order to start paying back our national debt, we have to completely stop borrowing money. Here's how the math works:

$3.6 trillion <-- (the current amount our government is spending)
- $1.3 trillion <--(the current amount our government is borrowing)
---------------

Furthermore, we would have to include paying our interest on the national debt:

- $0.2 trillion <--(the amount of interest that we have to pay for our national debt)
---------------
$ 2.1 trillion <--(the limit to what we can spend if we choose to not add on any more to the national debt)

^^According to this math, we can only spend $2.1 trillion just to prevent ourselves from adding onto the national debt. But if we do that, we'll cut around 41% of our government spending. As many Democrats have said, this will obviously hurt our national economy. And they're absolutely right.

But remember, reducing our government spending by 41% will only prevent us from adding onto the national debt. In order for our country to start paying back the $14 trillion that it owes to others, it has to cut spending even more. That's important to keep in mind.

Of course, we don't have to just cut government spending. It's also been mentioned that we can raise taxes and, therefore, increase tax revenue. I'm not going to debate exactly on what we should do since that is involved with politics, and this thread is especially not for talking about politics. Political discussion is for a different thread.

If we don't cut government spending or raise taxes, there's one last option for us, called "hyperinflation". The Federal Reserve can print around $14.9 trillion paper dollars and give them to those who we owe it to. Keep in mind, these paper dollars have no value whatsoever behind them. It's only paper being printed out. This would cause our currency to be completely worthless. For example, if you have $50,000 in the bank, it will be worth around $0 after hyperinflation takes full effect. You can read more about the effects of hyperinflation by reading about the hyperinflation of the Weimar Republic.

And when we do cut government spending, it's tough to decide what programs we should cut. Should we cut defense spending? Or social security? Or medicare/medicaid?

I challenge anyone who still doesn't believe that an economic collapse is coming. My challenge is for you to find a way to pay back our country's $14.9 trillion without cutting our government spending/raising taxes (because that would cause an economic collapse) and without hyperinflation (because that would cause an economic collapse). And when you do find a way, please explain the different programs that you would cut and how much you would cut from that program.

I'm trying to warn all of you about this for a reason. I personally think that the times that are coming are going to be very, very tough. Please, I've begged you over and over again to research this yourself for the sake of you and your family. I'm 100% certain that this is coming. I've already made up my mind on what to believe.
DS80, I hate to be the one to break the news, but your brain is fried. Somebody had to say it, it might as well be me.