Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heat 88 - Mavericks 86 (Finals Game 3)
I do kinda agree with the point that ekff is making about Jordan having to wait for Bird and Magic to get older just like LeBron had to wait for Kobe and Duncan.
ekff Wrote:Haters just know that Lebron is about to get a ring and now you won't have anything to say about Lebron not winning.....

He's not even going to get Finals MVP, he's going to win one as Robin.
LClion4life Wrote:I do kinda agree with the point that ekff is making about Jordan having to wait for Bird and Magic to get older just like LeBron had to wait for Kobe and Duncan.

When you put it that way, I do agree.
Hate to tell you all.. He has been the body and legs of the whole operation headed toward the finals.. Just because he's having a less stellar series than the others that he has had does NOT mean he will not be MVP of the postseason...

Go back and watch the games the Heat have played in.. LBJ has packed that team to where they are now.. In the Bulls series, IMO - Wade played like trash.
Look at last year.. Gasol packed L.A. to the finals..
Kobe didn't do ANYTHING except make some free throws.. Shot terrible all post-season.. And he was still granted MVP of the Finals.. What a freakin' joke.
ekff Wrote:^ NO WAY??? Heat have the two best players in the league so there is a way...

What about the other 3 that start? Or the other 5 or 6 that sit the bench? They won't be able to beat the Mavs 3 games in a row.
Aslan Wrote:He's not even going to get Finals MVP, he's going to win one as Robin.

Sorry Aslan but Kobe wasn't Finals MVP for the first 3
HawksRule Wrote:What about the other 3 that start? Or the other 5 or 6 that sit the bench? They won't be able to beat the Mavs 3 games in a row.

Ok... What about the Mavs other 4 that start... they all suck, Kidd is old, Terry can only shoot if he's wide open, Chandler don't get the ball, and you never know what you'll get out of Marion......

So I'll take Lebron/Wade and the other 3 OVER Dirt and the other 4....
Aslan Wrote:He's not even going to get Finals MVP, he's going to win one as Robin.

Kobe won 3 as ROBIN....

But anyways Lebron isn't Robin...... Just watch the games and you'll see Lebron does way more for this team then Wade does.... Wade just scores....
DALLAS -- There are two contests being waged here: the NBA Finals that's being decided by tissue-thin margins and the yawning chasm between what LeBron James wants and what we want him to be.

The LeBron gap appears irreconcilable. Only LeBron could win an NBA Finals game and still lose ground in the public eye. Two themes emerged from Miami's 88-86 victory in Game 3, the second consecutive game in this series decided by a single shot. One was that Dwyane Wade is taking control for the Miami Heat, at the expense of LeBron. The other, written on website after website, was that Dirk needs help.

You know what sentence wasn't written anywhere? The indisputable fact that LeBron had a better final minute than Dirk Nowitzki. In their last two possessions, LeBron had an assist and a missed shot, and Dirk had a turnover and a missed shot. As a result, LeBron's team won.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2...espn-twttr
Ballers Wrote:Look at last year.. Gasol packed L.A. to the finals..
Kobe didn't do ANYTHING except make some free throws.. Shot terrible all post-season.. And he was still granted MVP of the Finals.. What a freakin' joke.
He averaged about 30 a game with constant double and triple teams, if ya consider that awful then I guess every player in the NBA sucks, lol.
ekff Wrote:Sorry Aslan but Kobe wasn't Finals MVP for the first 3
Shaq in his prime would have gotten Finals MVP over anybody except MJ.
ekff Wrote:Ok... What about the Mavs other 4 that start... they all suck, Kidd is old, Terry can only shoot if he's wide open, Chandler don't get the ball, and you never know what you'll get out of Marion......

Agreed, Heat are supremely talented, athletic and much better defensively than Dallas. IMO they'll take the next 2.
HawksRule Wrote:Honestly I don't care who wins this one but Dirk is playing like Hitler. He is killing everybody on that court. He missed one shot at the end you can't jump him for it. If it wasn't for Dirk the Heat would have won in a blow out last night.

:notworthy

Great post! Terrible comparison though! lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
ekff Wrote:Ok... What about the Mavs other 4 that start... they all suck, Kidd is old, Terry can only shoot if he's wide open, Chandler don't get the ball, and you never know what you'll get out of Marion......

This series will be ending in South Beach. As I've said before I don't care who wins but it'll be in game 6 or 7
MisterPerfect Wrote::notworthy

Great post! Terrible comparison though! lol

Lol it was a little German pun.
Dirk scored 15 of the Mavs 22 in the 4th last night. Still nothing compared to Bron's 25 straight in 07 vs the Pistons though...
ekff Wrote:Kobe won 3 as ROBIN....

But anyways Lebron isn't Robin...... Just watch the games and you'll see Lebron does way more for this team then Wade does.... Wade just scores....

Lebron has been Robin this series sir(not the rest of the playoffs though). I'm just saying if Lebron wants to make a case to be an all time great he can't be playing Robin when it matters most in the NBA Finals.
Wade just scores?
Let's compare their stats last night.
Wade 29 points 11 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal 1 block 0 turnovers
Lebron 17 points 3 rebounds 9 assists 2 steals 0 blocks 4 turnovers
Yeah...only thing Wade does is score...Rolleyes
LClion4life Wrote:Dirk scored 15 of the Mavs 22 in the 4th last night. Still nothing compared to Bron's 25 straight in 07 vs the Pistons though...

Best stretch of basketball from a single player I've ever seen.
Aslan Wrote:Lebron has been Robin this series sir(not the rest of the playoffs though). I'm just saying if Lebron wants to make a case to be an all time great he can't be playing Robin when it matters most in the NBA Finals.
Wade just scores?
Let's compare their stats last night.
Wade 29 points 11 rebounds 3 assists 1 steal 1 block 0 turnovers
Lebron 17 points 3 rebounds 9 assists 2 steals 0 blocks 4 turnovers
Yeah...only thing Wade does is score...Rolleyes

:notworthy I couldn't agree more
I am seriously SICK of Lebron fans. They say he is going to win every year, now that it appears they finally got one right all they want to do is talk about how great he is, how old kobe is, and how smart they are. Whatever, winning ONE championship doesnt give you bragging rights. When you repeat or three-peat, come back and talk to me. Until then be Hapyy your guys finally has someone to help carry the load BUT dont start this talk of best player ever, king james, better then jordan BS. No one wants to hear it.
^ Do you watch the games...... Wade is the scorer but I don't understand why people are riding Lebron so HARD right now.... This is the first game I've seen that Wade has out played Lebron..... The whole playoffs its been Lebron, Game 1 = Lebron, and Game 2 = Wade but guess what??? they lost....
Lebron is not the "Robin" on this team just because of 1 game
^Newsflash..
If Heat pull it out...
Next season will be a MASSACRE.. because the Heat will have the mindsets of Champions..
K_Mac Wrote:I am seriously SICK of Lebron fans. They say he is going to win every year, now that it appears they finally got one right all they want to do is talk about how great he is, how old kobe is, and how smart they are. Whatever, winning ONE championship doesnt give you bragging rights. When you repeat or three-peat, come back and talk to me. Until then be Hapyy your guys finally has someone to help carry the load BUT dont start this talk of best player ever, king james, better then jordan BS. No one wants to hear it.

Winning a Championship does give you Bragging rights, we live in a right now world....

And as of the talk about best ever, I've heard it for years about KOBE, and he's ALWAYS had help to carry the load....

I love seeing Laker fans get mad!!!!!! They are the worst losers in the world...

:Clap:

:popcorn: ---- Just enjoy watching Lebron!!!
Ballers Wrote:^Newsflash..
If Heat pull it out...
Next season will be a MASSACRE.. because the Heat will have the mindsets of Champions..

Well if it is a MASSACRE I will respectfully agree they are the best in basketball. The big three of Boston won their first year together too though and didnt build a dynasty like Boston fans said they would. So until Heat prove otherwise im just not buying into it. And yes i watch these games. I watch nearly every second of every game especially in the finals. I dont see anything special from Lebron. Im not calling him Robin either, Wade and Lebron are two of the best in the game right now. But Lebron is no King, and Lebron is no Jordan. Sorry.
LClion4life Wrote:Dirk scored 15 of the Mavs 22 in the 4th last night. Still nothing compared to Bron's 25 straight in 07 vs the Pistons though...

That was amazing!!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
ekff Wrote:Winning a Championship does give you Bragging rights, we live in a right now world....

And as of the talk about best ever, I've heard it for years about KOBE, and he's ALWAYS had help to carry the load....

I love seeing Laker fans get mad!!!!!! They are the worst losers in the world...

:Clap:

:popcorn: ---- Just enjoy watching Lebron!!!

Kobe for his championship runs has had help. But he hasnt ALWAYS had help. You exaggerate friend. Furthermore, Im not mad, I just dont like stupid people.
^ well buddy I promise I know what I'm talking about....
K_Mac Wrote:Kobe for his championship runs has had help. But he hasnt ALWAYS had help. You exaggerate friend. Furthermore, Im not mad, I just dont like stupid people.

Kobe didn't make the playoffs when he didn't have help...

Have you forgotten about Lebron in Cleveland>?
Why does it have to be "LeBron disappeared"? Can it not just be Dwayne Wade emerged? They are both top 5 players in the league. Whoever is hot is hot. LeBron was the closer in the Chicago series and now Wade is closing against Dallas. All that matters is the Heat keep winning. But, that isn't good enough. Before it was "LeBron can't win a championship". Now the haters are afraid he might so they come up with the next excuse "Oh well he couldn't win it without Wade". Just shut up and give the men some credit.
ekff Wrote:^ well buddy I promise I know what I'm talking about....

Never said you didn't. If you think Lebron is the best to EVER play the game, then you clearly don't. Furthermore if you think he is seriously going to win 8+ championships like he said preseason, then again, you are wrong. If you think he is batman and wade is robin, wrong again (there more equal then u realize). If you think im mad because Kobe lost, wrong again. We can't win every year.