Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor
ekff Wrote:I would like to see Creech go to Knott County and really see how good he is....

But if I was him I would go to Estill County got young talent there...

14th region baseball may be the worst in the state.

Moving from one school in the 14th to another does not determine how good of a player someone is.
FullCount Wrote:14th region baseball may be the worst in the state.

Moving from one school in the 14th to another does not determine how good of a player someone is.

Haven't heard anything about him transferring. As to how good he is, he's made four All-American teams this season with the last being ESPN Rise's underclass lat week, went to East Coast Pro Showcase and was invited to the Whitesox Area code showcase right after that. You can't attend either of these without an invite from a pro scout so obviously they've seen something in him and believe he can play. The last time I spoke to Coach Creech he said that Dylan was going down to Lexington a couple times a week to work with former UK catcher John Wilson to better himself behind the plate. As a Wolfe County fan, I hope they both stay because at least now we are winning more than we ever have and sometimes beating teams that used to kill us every time we played them.
Not disputing his talent. I know that he is a good player.

Just stating the the high school competition that he is playing against in the 14th region is pretty bad.

Is the kid good enough to start at the D1 level.... idk. Be he has a good shot.
School has started. Has anyone heard where he enrolled?
Creech will play at wolf this year...
Creech still playing for Wolf.
That mean his dad is still coaching?
Good Luck to Dylan.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Dylan is a very sound player. I don't see Creech leaving, he's put too much into that program--

But wherever Dylan goes, he'll be a huge add in the middle of the lineup given the overall talent level in the eastern part of the state.
He will never win a region at Wolfe. He is a good 14th region player but by no means is he the best player in the region, this year or next. I would like to see him play on a team that goes out and plays good teams in estern KY and all over the state, that is the knock on him-people in Louisville and Lexington ask about him all the time and cant believe he would put up those numbers if he was in the 11th or 7th region. They have to play better teams for him to get any respect in the region. That is a shame because he is a good player and one of the most repectful kids I have ever seen, but other good teams in the region duck nobody and are looking to play better teams, look at Powell, Hazard, and Letcher-they travel all over the state looking to play the best and see the best pitching-their kids batting average will suffer facing these kinds of teams, and coaches know this and look at the averages in respect to that.
jackrabbit22 Wrote:He will never win a region at Wolfe. He is a good 14th region player but by no means is he the best player in the region, this year or next. I would like to see him play on a team that goes out and plays good teams in estern KY and all over the state, that is the knock on him-people in Louisville and Lexington ask about him all the time and cant believe he would put up those numbers if he was in the 11th or 7th region. They have to play better teams for him to get any respect in the region. That is a shame because he is a good player and one of the most repectful kids I have ever seen, but other good teams in the region duck nobody and are looking to play better teams, look at Powell, Hazard, and Letcher-they travel all over the state looking to play the best and see the best pitching-their kids batting average will suffer facing these kinds of teams, and coaches know this and look at the averages in respect to that.
Obviously you have no clue as to the competition the kid plays against every summer. He's played every where since he was 11 years old and according to everything I have heard, he's done very well against all that competition. That's why people around the country know him very well. As for winning a region here at Wolfe, you are probably right. Right now Coach Creech is just trying to build a program that has been down for a long long time and I hope he stays here and gets it done. He's off to a really good start.
Coach Creech coaches just for his son. His son is a heck of a young man and ball player, but would be better suited playing for someone else. Someone that didn't throw him 130+ pitches in early march with 35 degree temperatures. just my thought.
Come-On-Man Wrote:Obviously you have no clue as to the competition the kid plays against every summer. He's played every where since he was 11 years old and according to everything I have heard, he's done very well against all that competition. That's why people around the country know him very well. As for winning a region here at Wolfe, you are probably right. Right now Coach Creech is just trying to build a program that has been down for a long long time and I hope he stays here and gets it done. He's off to a really good start.

Nobody around the country knows anything about him. The only reason that people from lexington or louisville know his name is because the rediculus numbers that are submitted for him. Usually, when they ask about him, they are laughing that a coach would really try and push his son that much, but what he doesn't realize is that he is really hurting Dylan. There is no way he can live up to the numbers that his dad submits. If you put Wolfe County in the 11th or 7th or even the 6th region and made them play the easiest schedule out of every school in those regions, they still wouldn't win a game, and Dylan would see how little numbers mean.
I would like to see Dylan come the the 15th Region and play in the 57th District... The numbers would deflate a bunch in just about a 25 minute drive south. Realistically, these numbers that are being put up would look even more impressive if it was being done outside the 14th.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:I would like to see Dylan come the the 15th Region and play in the 57th District... The numbers would deflate a bunch in just about a 25 minute drive south. Realistically, these numbers that are being put up would look even more impressive if it was being done outside the 14th.

Realistically, these numbers that are being put up would look even more impressive if it was being done outside of Wolfe County!:notworthy
Why would a college coach take a high school job? Isnt there more money in college?