Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Centrals NEWEST RECRUIT.
What does everyone think about Mason County's top player Katelyn Smith playing for the Commodores now? 5'9 guard who plays on Donna Murphy's AAU Team. One of the top players in Ky. She just didnt just fall out of the sky though, she went to Chavies all her life. She is right there with Kendall Noble. VERY GOOD PLAYER.
Are you serious? Wow. When is enough, enough? The KHSAA needs to look into all of these "transfers", all of which play at a high level.
her dad has worked at the perry county board of education for years now. not much khsaa can say about that.
I am assuming that her parents are split. Maysville to Hazard is WAAAAAAAYYYYYY too long of a drive for school, lol.
LClion4life Wrote:Are you serious? Wow. When is enough, enough? The KHSAA needs to look into all of these "transfers", all of which play at a high level.

Hater!!:Thumbs:
Sounds good to me Wink
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:What does everyone think about Mason County's top player Katelyn Smith playing for the Commodores now? 5'9 guard who plays on Donna Murphy's AAU Team. One of the top players in Ky. She just didnt just fall out of the sky though, she went to Chavies all her life. She is right there with Kendall Noble. VERY GOOD PLAYER.

If she went to Chavies "all her life" as you have stated she is just going to be Freshman and can play anywhere she wants. LOL. Anyway, it sounds like one of the more legitimate transfers to PCC.
I believe she is the daughter of Mike Smith, who graduated just ahead of me at M.C. Napier and yes, her parents are split and Mike does work for the Board of Education at Perry County. If this is true, this is a huge pick up for Randy and the lady commodores.
I can dig it. Haters gonna hate. :rockon:
So what's PCC's roster look like?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
1 Kendall Noble Guard Jr..
3 Sara MeltonGuard So.
10 Brandi Campbell Guard So.
11 Elizabeth Gayhart Guard Fr.
12 Randi Carol Napier Forward So.
15 Whitney Back Guard So.
22 Pamela Sebastian Forward So
25 Cassie Napier Center Jr.
31 Maranda Melton Guard Fr.
32 Lakenda Caldwell Forward So.
33 Lyndci Combs Guard Fr.
35 Kora Whitaker Forward So.
44 Kayla Rankin Forward Fr.

Plus they have the Transfers that there getting they could possibly make some noise in the State Tournament
^WOW! Very young!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ that was from last year. Noble, Cassie Napier are Seniors this year. Not sure about the transfers
I think it is funny all the people on here hating them for building a great team. Many of these same people will be the ones cheering them on and hoping they can bring a state title back to the mountains next spring.
^ That's What I'm hoping for
I guess there isn't any pride anymore from winning with home grown kids and I guess the kids anymore don't take pride in winning for their hometown.
Not Surprising !!!
They will win the Region again.... It's to the point where no one really cares who goes there.

They have Kendall Noble and Kayla Rankin thats all they really need... I don't think they can win the sweet 16...
LClion4life Wrote:I guess there isn't any pride anymore from winning with home grown kids and I guess the kids anymore don't take pride in winning for their hometown.

Nobody in the state wins with homegrown kids. Every school that wins at a high level has kids that were recruited to play there. It's just a fact and one that people need to realize when they start badmouthing teams for recruiting players and badmouthing players for changing schools.
Altro Cat Wrote:Nobody in the state wins with homegrown kids. Every school that wins at a high level has kids that were recruited to play there. It's just a fact and one that people need to realize when they start badmouthing teams for recruiting players and badmouthing players for changing schools.

What transfers did the 2011 Rockcastle County girls have. What transfers did the 2010 Shelby Valley boys have. Breathitt County won the region four years in a row without transfers. As far as the Smith girl transferring, I see no problem as she has a parent who lives in Perry County and she has lived a substantial part of her life there. I do believe that many schools have to depend on transfers to get to the state tournament on a consistent basis because they cannot depend on their feeder programs. However, if you look at most state champions, they usually have a nucleus of players that have been together for four years.
^ I love seeing Homegrown kids win..... Kids that come up together play better together.... I know you don't see it much now, but I love seeing it....
ekff Wrote:^ I love seeing Homegrown kids win..... Kids that come up together play better together.... I know you don't see it much now, but I love seeing it....

Amen
ekff Wrote:^ I love seeing Homegrown kids win..... Kids that come up together play better together.... I know you don't see it much now, but I love seeing it....

:Thumbs: there's nothing like it
The Miami Heat of the 14th region.
sorry Altrocat, Rockcastle had no transfers only home girls that played together thru 5th grade. They set a goal as 5th graders and stuck to it and won a championship. Their hearts were in it from the start.
They have Noble and Rankin to win the 14th and everyone they get extra is going to help if they get to the state tournament.
rockblue Wrote:sorry Altrocat, Rockcastle had no transfers only home girls that played together thru 5th grade. They set a goal as 5th graders and stuck to it and won a championship. Their hearts were in it from the start.

I seriously doubt the entire team has played together since 5th grade and not one player transferred in from another school. The core of the team may have started out together in 5th grade but somewhere along the line there would have been some players added.
I'd say we might as well rule these girls ineligible for switching schools and wanting to win or put themself in a spot to get their college paid for....
because the future of these girls definitely takes second place to their hometown winning a few more games.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:If she went to Chavies "all her life" as you have stated she is just going to be Freshman and can play anywhere she wants. LOL. Anyway, it sounds like one of the more legitimate transfers to PCC.

You are dead-on. If she is an incoming Freshman, then there is NOTHING KHSAA can do about it. It's 100% legal! The transfer rules only apply if the student is in High School, not Middle School. A Middle School athlete can play Varsity High School sports for as long as they want, and then go any High School with no repercussions. Once in High School, the moving part can be questionable if not for legitimate reasons and could be considered illegal per State rules.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd say we might as well rule these girls ineligible for switching schools and wanting to win or put themself in a spot to get their college paid for....
because the future of these girls definitely takes second place to their hometown winning a few more games.

You are exactly right. Kendall Noble was a relatively " unknown" until she come to Perry Central. She played on a "pitiful" Breathitt County team for four years before transferring and she and her team achieved "so much more" success at PCC. I am sure she never got a single letter from a college until the transfer. :lmao: