Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic vs. Lawrence Coutny (1st round of state tournament)
You have a great day as well... Cya
I'm posting crap?... Um I don't think so. Read the posts fellar..
I said that remark jokingly.
Jake Cain is a dominate RH. I've read posts that he has control problems and and get over the curve ball. That is inaccurate. Though this game is expected to be dominated by the two pitchers that are on the mound, this game will be decided on each teams ability to manufacture runs.

NCC has arguably the best lead-off hitter in the state. Brady Hightchew, a lefty with incredible speed is a difficult out. He can steal bases off of anyone and is a spray hitter than can yank hard an offspeed pitch or slap opposite field FB's! He is followed by another intelligent hitter than can move Hightchew, Vance Sullivan. Another lefty with speed and ability to hit any grade of pitching. Jake Cain is a pure FB hitter. He is STRONG! This team has very good hitting throughout their line-up and is a FB hitting team. MVP of the 9th Region Luke Schmits is the 5 hitter, and 8 hitter Brady Gray was all Region. Thus, this team can find ways to manufacture runs throughout their line-up.

We were down to them 3-0 after two innings and have to go to an off-speed pitcher to come back and beat them.

I'm not predicting a winner, I have no clue about LC other than what I have read about Chandler. This could be a very good game that comes down to which team executes the best small-ball. If that's the case, I know NCC can do it well.
Why is it any thread involving LC baseball has to have at least one good argument?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Why is it any thread involving LC baseball has to have at least one good argument?
Cause LCGRAD2002 spews ignorance all over every one of them. That was not said jokingly.
Commanche Wrote:Cause LCGRAD2002 spews ignorance all over every one of them. That was not said jokingly.

Hey now, knock it off!!!!:redboxer: He does this all for the kids of Lawrence Co. who bust their butts everyday.
:Thumbs:
Okay, I dont know how this helps the kids but I concede. I've heard of different motivational techniques but this is a strange one. Maybe the Robbins dude could incorporate this into one of his books.
Stardust Wrote:Jake Cain is a dominate RH. I've read posts that he has control problems and and get over the curve ball. That is inaccurate. Though this game is expected to be dominated by the two pitchers that are on the mound, this game will be decided on each teams ability to manufacture runs.

NCC has arguably the best lead-off hitter in the state. Brady Hightchew, a lefty with incredible speed is a difficult out. He can steal bases off of anyone and is a spray hitter than can yank hard an offspeed pitch or slap opposite field FB's! He is followed by another intelligent hitter than can move Hightchew, Vance Sullivan. Another lefty with speed and ability to hit any grade of pitching. Jake Cain is a pure FB hitter. He is STRONG! This team has very good hitting throughout their line-up and is a FB hitting team. MVP of the 9th Region Luke Schmits is the 5 hitter, and 8 hitter Brady Gray was all Region. Thus, this team can find ways to manufacture runs throughout their line-up.

We were down to them 3-0 after two innings and have to go to an off-speed pitcher to come back and beat them.

I'm not predicting a winner, I have no clue about LC other than what I have read about Chandler. This could be a very good game that comes down to which team executes the best small-ball. If that's the case, I know NCC can do it well.

Thanks for the post. Honestly that's the most I've heard about them. Should be interesting how they do against Shep if they're a good fastball hitting team. Also curious to see if LC can hush the critics that harped on their bats most of the season. Looking forward to a good game. It will be tough for either team to get past the 2nd round especially if both throw their number 1 tomorrow.
Commanche Wrote:Okay, I dont know how this helps the kids but I concede. I've heard of different motivational techniques but this is a strange one. Maybe the Robbins dude could incorporate this into one of his books.

You know what makes it even more stupid?

There hadn't been the first word said about any kid from Lawrence Co. in this entire thread.:yawn:

Now go figure that one out Commanche.:HitWall:
Lawrence Co-6
NCC-4

Go Dawgs.
WildDawg Wrote:Thanks for the post. Honestly that's the most I've heard about them. Should be interesting how they do against Shep if they're a good fastball hitting team. Also curious to see if LC can hush the critics that harped on their bats most of the season. Looking forward to a good game. It will be tough for either team to get past the 2nd round especially if both throw their number 1 tomorrow.

I agree with you on that 100%. This may be the top or at least the second best opening round game of the tournament. LexCath/PRP will be the other. I'm looking forward to watching this one too. Very fortunate that we have iHigh broadcasts for these games.

As far as hushing any critics, hitting the ball throughout the season is the best remedy anybody could have for that. Dont you agree?
Bob Seger Wrote:I agree with you on that 100%. This may be the top or at least the second best opening round game of the tournament. LexCath/PRP will be the other. I'm looking forward to watching this one too. Very fortunate that we have iHigh broadcasts for these games.

As far as hushing any critics, hitting the ball throughout the season is the best remedy anybody could have for that. Dont you agree?

Yes but posting a 28-4 record with a district/regional championship tells me they can hit the ball when it's crunch time. They seem to rely on their pitching to much at times.
WildDawg Wrote:Yes but posting a 28-4 record with a district/regional championship tells me they can hit the ball when it's crunch time. They seem to rely on their pitching to much at times.

I guess in just a little over 12 hours from now, a lot of those questions will be answered. Again, this one should be a dandy. I anticipate a pitcher's duel, but every time you do that they end up being offensive showcases.
Bob Seger Wrote:I guess in just a little over 12 hours from now, a lot of those questions will be answered. Again, this one should be a dandy. I anticipate a pitcher's duel, but every time you do that they end up being offensive showcases.

About like the Pikeville game huh? haha That game was a shocker to everyone.
WildDawg Wrote:About like the Pikeville game huh? haha That game was a shocker to everyone.

Yeah, it sure was, but if you think about it, most of the offensive was pretty much confined to the one inning for each team. Really it was pretty good pitching performances by both sides if you take each of those outbursts out of the equation. But I agree I dont think that anyone would have predicted 15 runs to be scored in that one.
Any Radio coverage for this?
^I believe 98.9 WSIP FM is covering the games.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Louisa station 92.3 is covering the game. You can also listen on computer on http://www.wzaqfm.com
Bob Seger Wrote:You know what makes it even more stupid?

There hadn't been the first word said about any kid from Lawrence Co. in this entire thread.:yawn:

Now go figure that one out Commanche.:HitWall:

Well, so far this game has only been about NCC. This is the first time I have seen Shepard. I'm assuming he's better than this?
Stardust Wrote:Well, so far this game has only been about NCC. This is the first time I have seen Shepard. I'm assuming he's better than this?
He is. Definitely is better than this. HAte it for the kid.