Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Catholic / Lawrence County UPDATES
Bottom 1st, 0-0
NCC's Hightchew leads off the bottom of the 1st with a walk
Sullivan drives it deep, but caught
Shepard with a wild throw to first, allows Hightchew to come all the way around to score. Umpires debating whether the ball was wedged in the tarp and he may have to go back to third
They are sending Brady back to third
They are saying it was wedged in the Bullpen area
Jake Cain at the plate with a 1-0 count, runner at third
Jake Cain plunked, runners at 1st and 3rd
Will Cain remember that when Chandler comes to the plate again????
9th Region MVP Luke Schmits steps to the plate. .451 hitter
Shepard works his way out of it.
Questionable call. Why try to bunt with 2 strikes?
LC killing themself with VERY poor base running.
LC loads the bases, gets the runner at 3rd picked off. 2 outs top 2nd
Looks like the hitter is hurt on the play at first
Did anyone else lose the connection
Vance Sullivan produces 3 runs on the triple
Shepard hits Cain again, this time it may take the Breds pitcher out of the game with a hit on the wrist
Pinch hitter Coffey with the hit puts the Breds up 4-0
Breds not done yet in the 2nd as they have runners at 1st and 2nd
double by Shawn Murphy, Breds have put up 6 runs in the inning. Shepard has only given up 7 in the season!
Wolterman single makes it 7-0.

Blowout

I'm done.
Shepard has pitched close to 50 pitches this inning. When will the stop the bleeding!
Stardust Wrote:Wolterman single makes it 7-0.

Blowout

I'm done.
Oh ye of little faith. lol

Unfortunately, I saw them comeback firsthand. Granted Cain is probably another animal to go through.
the 40 minute inning continues as LC makes the pitching change. Bases loaded, 2 outs for Banks to come in and face the 8 hitter.
Stardust Wrote:double by Shawn Murphy, Breds have put up 6 runs in the inning. Shepard has only given up 7 in the season!
Actually, I think it is a little more, he gave up 6 to Pikeville in the regional finals... BUT, I hate to hear it for the young man. He's a good talent, and deserves people not to remember only this game from him. Hopefully LC can come back in this game and give him another chance. Go 15th region!
Bottom 3, NCC up 7-0. Doyle in the game for NCC. No reason to even send Cain to the mound. I can easily see him coming back in their next game. Not bad to have your ace in the first two games of the State tournament
PHSForever Wrote:Actually, I think it is a little more, he gave up 6 to Pikeville in the regional finals... BUT, I hate to hear it for the young man. He's a good talent, and deserves people not to remember only this game from him. Hopefully LC can come back in this game and give him another chance. Go 15th region!

Very fair, but I'll root for our NKY counterpart NCC. Go 9th.
Stardust Wrote:Very fair, but I'll root for our NKY counterpart NCC. Go 9th.
Of course, wouldn't expect any different. Just remember, LC put up 8 in one inning against a kid many (not all) considered the best pitcher on a 60-14 team over the past two years (Hamilton of Pikeville). As one of the other posters said, "Baseball is a funny game". Those LC bats can potentially get hot.
9-0 after 3.