Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pau Gasol Trade Rumors
LClion4life Wrote:Nowitzki, Stoudemire, Griffin, Bosh, Garnett. I named 5.

Cmon now...
I'll give ya Nowitzki.
Bosh has never been better than Gasol.
Garnett was better in '07, not the last few years though.
Stoudemire does not have a better all around game than Gasol. He averages more points, less rebounds, and plays no defense. There's a reason the Knicks didn't do well after the Melo trade: their two best players don't play defense period.
Griffin is hard to judge where he's only played one year on a bad team. His stats and dunks look great. He's only going to continue to get better as well. I'll give ya Griffin as well.
This is the order I'd rank them.
1. Nowitzki

2. Griffin
3. Pau
4. Stoudemire
5. Bosh
6. Garnett
I could argue that you could put Pau ahead of Griffin where he plays for a bad team, their a lot of things unknown about him, and he could have inflated stats, blah, blah, blah.... but I'm too lazy Big Grin
We can agree to disagree. And while Love isn't on that elite level just yet, with the break out year he had this year, it makes you think that he can get there. He's better than Gasol at the same age.

C'mon On!!!!

Dirk is the only one... Amare can't D up or rebound, Griffin get real, Bosh is weak, KG was but not now!

I'll give you 3 of them for sure. I don't know about Bosh and Griffin. Griffin could certainly get better and better but he is already really good.
Stoudemire is so much better than Gasol on the offensive end that it makes up for his defense. And it's not like Gasol is Dwight Howard on defense either. KG is still the best defender in the league at the PF position and he's more versatile on offense than Pau. That's definitely what Gasol lacks, versatility on the offensive end. Dirk, KG, Amare, and Bosh are all capable of hitting jump shots. Love is too.
ekff Wrote:C'mon On!!!!

Dirk is the only one... Amare can't D up or rebound, Griffin get real, Bosh is weak, KG was but not now!

I don't even enjoy talking to you about the NBA because you're so clueless.
LClion4life Wrote:I don't even enjoy talking to you about the NBA because you're so clueless.

Confusedhh: :biggrin: :lmao:
I think the lakers should keep Pau, trade Bynum and which ever other piece it takes to get dwight Howard. Then find a young pg and go from there.

Bosh is not better than Gasol.
LWC Wrote:I'll give you 3 of them for sure. I don't know about Bosh and Griffin. Griffin could certainly get better and better but he is already really good.
Griffin definitely has some great upside. He's more than just the highlight dunks too. Not 100% sure on this, but I believe he averaged 22 & 11 this year. Rarely does a rookie average stats like that. This is just my opinion, but I do believe Gasol is a better overall player right now.
LClion4life Wrote:Stoudemire is so much better than Gasol on the offensive end that it makes up for his defense. And it's not like Gasol is Dwight Howard on defense either. KG is still the best defender in the league at the PF position and he's more versatile on offense than Pau. That's definitely what Gasol lacks, versatility on the offensive end. Dirk, KG, Amare, and Bosh are all capable of hitting jump shots. Love is too.
Have you not seen Gasol play much? He's got range and consistently hits mid range jumpers. Gasol does not lack versatility on the offensive end either. He has a wide range of post moves, can finish with either hand, and can nail mid range jumpers when left open.
Stoudemire does average 7 more points per game, but if he played ANY defense I would say that he's better. Defense has been his weak point throughout his career. There's also a reason New York has two of the top players in the game and got swept by an aging Celtics team; lack of defense.
I do agree that KG is the best defensive PF in the league. He was definitely better than Pau four years ago, but age has caught up with the Big Ticket.
K_Mac Wrote:I think the lakers should keep Pau, trade Bynum and which ever other piece it takes to get dwight Howard. Then find a young pg and go from there.

Agreed. If Bynum were not injury prone I'd prefer to keep him, but sadly that is not the case.
^ Agree with all things said lol
The thing is - I am a Laker hater and I will tell you as I see it now that the season is over..

Get rid of Gasol IMMEDIATELY!.. The guy did not have the season this year that he did the past 2 years.. Whether it be the locker room chatter, age, or just losing his game.. He is not the same player he used to be and his career is at a peak right now..

He's not going to get any better and the seasons he has had are not going to be as good as the past 2 seasons L.A. won championships in.

IMO - As K_Mac said, get rid of Bynum.. Or maybe even Gasol - Get Howard and a young point guard.. Bring Shannon Brown off the bench too run the ball sometimes.
IMO - Any talks of getting rid of Shannon Brown is crazy.. He is a great role player, young, getting better with age, and has done decent for himself in L.A..
Now this may spark some interest - But I did not like the idea of Vujacic leaving L.A. either.. Yes he's small and weak, but man could he knock down the 3 ball or what?
LClion4life Wrote:I don't even enjoy talking to you about the NBA because you're so clueless.

No you don't enjoy talking about basketball with me because I know what the hell i'm talking about.... Basketball isn't all about scoring......
Whats funny is 1 year ago people was talking about how good Pau Gasol was and he should have been finals MVP.... Now some people want to say Weak-Bosh, Rookie-Griffin, and Old-KG..... are betther then him, thats stupid.

LClion4life --- I promise I know more about Basketball then you!!!!
Ekff, I promise you don't. Most everybody on here that frequent the NBA forum often are often shocked, at least I am, at some of the outrageous comments you make. For instance, you tried to make the absolutely ridiculous case that Kendrick Perkins is better than Jermaine O'Neal in his prime? Of course you went onto say that basketball is more than scoring and that O'Neal wasn't a better defender than Perkins. Then I schooled your ass on how much superior O'Neal's defensive stats were and you never commented on tat thread again. Smile
LClion4life Wrote:Ekff, I promise you don't. Most everybody on here that frequent the NBA forum often are often shocked, at least I am, at some of the outrageous comments you make. For instance, you tried to make the absolutely ridiculous case that Kendrick Perkins is better than Jermaine O'Neal in his prime? Of course you went onto say that basketball is more than scoring and that O'Neal wasn't a better defender than Perkins. Then I schooled your ass on how much superior O'Neal's defensive stats were and you never commented on tat thread again. Smile

I don't read stupid $hit... Sorry.... and i don't go back and look at every thread, I give my opinion and thats all i can do...

I'll take Perkins over O'Neal..... O'Neal isn't a winner...

Who do u coach for??? since your a basketball god and everything.....

There's a reason that basketball coaches tell there assistants to stay off these websites, its because of people like you....

My guess is you didn't play basketball at all or ever have anything to do with the game....
And as for "schooling" me LOL!!!!! If you ever wanna try schooling me in Basketball or anything just let me know....
ekff and LClion chill!!! I like ya both but chill!!
Don't make me get Stardust on you all.

You both make great points. No need to kill each other now Wink
Ballers Wrote:ekff and LClion chill!!! I like ya both but chill!!

I'm "chilled" you know me..... :igiveup:

Sorry everyone, I shouldn't have said some of those things.... Just hard when Basketball is my career and someone says clueless...
Ballers Wrote:ekff and LClion chill!!! I like ya both but chill!!

You both make great points. No need to kill each other now Wink

:Thumbs: No reason to turn a debate personal.
For what it's worth, I agree with LClion4life about O'Neal/Perkins and I agree with ekff on Gasol.
ekff Wrote:I don't read stupid $hit... Sorry.... and i don't go back and look at every thread, I give my opinion and thats all i can do...

I'll take Perkins over O'Neal..... O'Neal isn't a winner...

Who do u coach for??? since your a basketball god and everything.....

There's a reason that basketball coaches tell there assistants to stay off these websites, its because of people like you....

My guess is you didn't play basketball at all or ever have anything to do with the game....

You're wrong about everything you just said. And don't get overheated hothead. It's a message board. :eyeroll:
Ballers Wrote:The thing is - I am a Laker hater and I will tell you as I see it now that the season is over..

Get rid of Gasol IMMEDIATELY!.. The guy did not have the season this year that he did the past 2 years.. Whether it be the locker room chatter, age, or just losing his game.. He is not the same player he used to be and his career is at a peak right now..

He's not going to get any better and the seasons he has had are not going to be as good as the past 2 seasons L.A. won championships in.

IMO - As K_Mac said, get rid of Bynum.. Or maybe even Gasol - Get Howard and a young point guard.. Bring Shannon Brown off the bench too run the ball sometimes.
IMO - Any talks of getting rid of Shannon Brown is crazy.. He is a great role player, young, getting better with age, and has done decent for himself in L.A..
Now this may spark some interest - But I did not like the idea of Vujacic leaving L.A. either.. Yes he's small and weak, but man could he knock down the 3 ball or what?

I am quite shocked you agree with me haha. But if we can trade Bynum and whatever other bench piece to get Howard, keeping Gasol would be fine. Gasol would be third option, and he is still plenty good enough at third option. And I agree on Brown, he is athletic as hell. Love having him in LA.
The only reason the Lakers should trade Gasol or Bynum is to get Howard .... No other reason!!!!
ekff Wrote:The only reason the Lakers should trade Gasol or Bynum is to get Howard .... No other reason!!!!

idk i was reading trade rumors around the nba, and one such rumor was a trade where the lakers end up with chris paul and ariza. Id trade bynum + a few others for cp3 and ariza. Or Gasol + another for cp3 and ariza. But thats the only other trade scenerio where i would trade gasol or bynum
^ Yeah, maybe the Lakers would have to get a big out of it too tho..

Lakers should never had yet Arize go.
ekff Wrote:^ Yeah, maybe the Lakers would have to get a big out of it too tho..

I agree! we definitely should have kept ariza. The rumors didnt mention a big, but im sure finding one in the draft or free agency wouldnt be too hard for the lakers.
K_Mac Wrote:I agree! we definitely should have kept ariza. The rumors didnt mention a big, but im sure finding one in the draft or free agency wouldnt be too hard for the lakers.

I agree.. Trevor Ariza was a great role player in L.A.
ekff Wrote:The only reason the Lakers should trade Gasol or Bynum is to get Howard .... No other reason!!!!
Agreed.

That really wasn't the Lakers fault. Ariza was a free agent. The Rockets offered Ariza more than he's actually worth and LA was unwilling to match that.
Just like LA and every other team Ron Artest has ever been on offered him more money than he's worth.