Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence Transfers
Saw these boys the other day with the basketball team. What do we know on the kids from their pervious times playing football in Florida and what can they bring to the table for the Dawgs this fall?
Bring some names to the discussion--and lets make sure that we are not talking about kids who have already been deemed to be eligible.
KHB they are, the older brother was not because he was 1 credit point shy but will be when football season starts.
There the Rife brothers one is a Soph. and the Other is a Junior

The younger Rife plays QB while the older plays WR
The younger Rife passed for 2000 yards as a freshman in Florida on the Freshman team.

They say his older brother is a great WR. I do know he can jump out of the gym, he is always out there before the games throwing them off the backboard and then throwing it down. has some major upside to hi.
I just hope they stay.
These are the same young men that was here last year then for some reason went back to Florida. I would like to see them stay here and get a chance to show us just how good they are I know they will love are head coach and I think he can get the best out of them if they wont to play . If these guy's are as good as I have heard then look out because the Dawgs might have what it takes to be in the mix of things . We allready have a real good group comeing back and I think we will see things start turning around here on the football field any way's !!
I think it had something to do with work or lack of.
The older one can flat out get up. I cant tell you how many times I have seen him throwing basketballs off of the backboard in Louisa and throwing them down and then turn and smile to everyone. The youngest one who threw for over 2,000 yards as a freshmen has a nice build and is extremely quick on the court. Cant wait to see these boys in pads. Will Billy adapt to this sophomores throwing intentions or have him use his great speed in the belly-read option. I think you have to use the brother to brother connection somewhat and open the running game.
If they stay it might just be a fun season to watch.
I think it will be a fun season with this guys or even if we didnt have them but glad to have a boost of talent on board.
True
Will Fitzpatrick be in the backfield for the varsity this year?
easternkysportsguru Wrote:Will Fitzpatrick be in the backfield for the varsity this year?
I am sure he will be I was told that he was being sent to QB camp along with Boone and the new kid from Florida. Mark did a good job last year with the freshmen untill he got hurt. Can't wait to see how much speed he has this year .
Can't Wait To See These Two Kids Play!!!
Can't Wait To See These Two Kids Play!!! Hopefully they live up to the hype!!!
i wish Lawrence the best of luck next season
Dawg Family Wrote:These are the same young men that was here last year then for some reason went back to Florida.

Hoping not to spread a FALSE rumor, but I heard this from a VERY reliable source last year...

...I'd heard these two kids left partly because they weren't exactly welcomed with "open arms" by a GOOD number of "good ol' boys" at the school.

When I heard they'd come back, I figured the original story I'd heard wasn't true...why would you go back to a place where you were mistreated?

Anybody know the REAL truth?
As I stated above from what I was told at the time I believe the family wasn't able to find a job in the area. I think they looked at getting work in the Huntington area and possibly moving there but that feel threw so they moved back to Florida. I can't back that 100% but it came from a very reliable source. Not sure of the current circumstances.
[QUOTE="CatDawg"]As I stated above from what I was told at the time I believe the family wasn't able to find a job in the area. I think they looked at getting work in the Huntington area and possibly moving there but that feel threw so they moved back to Florida. I can't back that 100% but it came from a very reliable source. Not sure of the current circumstances.[/QUOTE
]
This is the same thing that I was told . I was told by one of the coaches that thier mother wasn't able to find the kind of work that she was needing so they went back to were they was from I do know that they were several people trying to find work for her last year but didn't come up with any thing soon enough. As far as saying they wasn't welcome here I don't think anything could be further from the truth just come to a basket ball game and see how these kids fit in with are student body You would think they have grown up here . I just hope things work out for thier family and they find job's and become a part of this community Louisa is a great place to raise a family .:welcome:
I agree, they did moce because the mother could not find work, but they get along with everyone at the school.
:thumb:

Check your PM DF.
Dawg Family Wrote:As far as saying they wasn't welcome here I don't think anything could be further from the truth just come to a basket ball game and see how these kids fit in with are student body You would think they have grown up here .

That's good to hear.

What I'd heard FIRST made LCHS seem like a throwback to 1950's Mississippi!
From what I have seen and heard is that these two kids get along with everyone, I would hate for Louisa to have that kind of name of being " racially ignorant ". These two boys from what I have seen have a lot of character and seem to get along easily with everyone. These two on the football field will be something to see. Having the younger one and Boone and Mark going to QB camp is a great thing to hear. Boone is going to be a dandy for the future of this team. Fitzpatrick as a freshmen could flat out fly, and I only wonder if he has gained a step or two since last year. Exciting times are on their way for Louisa and the Dawgs and I think they are if not already here. IF and thats a huge IF the o-line for the Dawgs can hold blocks and do what a line is suppose to then all the speed and talent on the offensive side of the ball this year could come out and make a statement in a hurry. I do wonder if anyone can help me with this, what kind of relationship does Billy have with these new kids? Does he have an idea for them on the football field or is it too soon?
The O-line should be alot better then it was last year I know the kids we had on the JV team line was just as big or maybe a little bigger all around then we had on the varsity line I think this group of kids will be smarter and better but thats just my opinion . I do think that if these kids can hold there blocks you will see Morgan Roberts have one fine senior year .The only thing they will lack will be exspereance but we will have two starters back and two or three kids that got a lot of PT.
And several of the problems have been weeded out!
Dawg Family Wrote:The O-line should be alot better then it was last year I know the kids we had on the JV team line was just as big or maybe a little bigger all around then we had on the varsity line I think this group of kids will be smarter and better but thats just my opinion . I do think that if these kids can hold there blocks you will see Morgan Roberts have one fine senior year .The only thing they will lack will be exspereance but we will have two starters back and two or three kids that got a lot of PT.

Its a crying shame that it isnt July or August already:Sad04: . Man Lawrence is going to have so much speed in the backfield this upcoming year. From everything that I hear daily I just hope that some of it has a little truth to it because if so then the Dawgs could have a big year.
CatDawg Wrote:And several of the problems have been weeded out!
I saw these boys the other day, they look pretty good. I hope they can help the team. I hear LC had some problems with coaching and getting kids to come out. Has this been addressed and do you think that was the problem or the school situations?
ENDZONE Wrote:I saw these boys the other day, they look pretty good. I hope they can help the team. I hear LC had some problems with coaching and getting kids to come out. Has this been addressed and do you think that was the problem or the school situations?

I really dont know why the kids wont come up. I guess it may be the couple of down seasonsLC has had in the past but that shouldnt be enough reason to. Hopefully from what I hear is that the coaching staff is getting some much needed help and then they can fix the problem of getting more kids out for the team. With the said, it seems to me that when LC was rolling and having undefeated seasons, you couldnt get enough boys out, now that they have had a couple of down years nobody wants to play. One good year and everything will turn around for this program and school.:rock:
Are they finally getting help? I heard just yesterday that they lost a coach. (rumors!)
I don't know why most of the kids aren't comeing out but I know why some of them won't come out .It's because of the work that Billy requires .In early Dec they had alot of kids in the wieght room and the coaches was working thier buts off and they made it clear that they didn't wont any kids on the team that just wonted to wear a uniform they said that the kids that will work will get to play and the ones that don't won't .I know when Mcpeak was here he made it a lot of fun and the work was pretty easy and then it showed in about every game in his last year at LC because when it came to the 4th quarter we was wore out . But This past year you never saw are team quit they played till the clock said 00:00 because they was in good shape just about the kind of shape that Chuke would all ways have them in and thats the kind of kids Billy wont's he said he would rahter have 30 kids that wont to play in stead of 70 that just wont to be dressed on friday nights.
Thats one thing about it if your going to play for Billy your going to earn it.