Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2012
REGION IS AT WOLFE COUNTY!!!!

Can Letcher County Central repeat as Region Champs or will there be a New Region Champion?

- Letcher County Central (21-16)

Defending Region Champs, Lost to Warren East in opening Round of State

Losing Players to Graduation:

Tanner Sexton SS, P

- Knott County Central (24-7)

Lost Region Championship Game to Letcher Central 7-4

Ryan Mosley OF
Blake King P, C, 1B, 2B, SS
Blake Dixon P, 3B
Mikey Slone P, 1B, OF
Blake Smith 1B
Evan Potter P, SS, 1B

- Perry County Central (10-20)

Lost Districts

Kevin Smith OF, p
Jordan Campbell OF
Shain Barker 2B, OF
Brian Tackett 1B

- Powell County (26-9)

Lost Region Semi-Finals

Jon Mays P, OF
Jon Wright OF
Morgan Reed P, IND
Joe Scott P, 1B
Jeremy Trent P, 1B

- Estill County (13-18)

Lost Opening Round of Region to Knott Central 5-4

Cade Berryman C, P, IF
Aaron Elliott P, IF
Damir Siahkooi OF
Cody McGee 1B, P
Jacob Henry IF, P, OF
Jon White IF, OF

- Lee County (14-16)

Lost in Districts

Riley Dylan P, IF

- Breathitt County (5-17)

Lost 2nd Round of Region

Tyler Little C
Mike Baker OF
Jarred Robinson OF
Blake Jones 1B

- Wolfe County (19-17)

Lost Opening Round of Region

Greg St. Clair P, IF
Kris Johnson P, LF
Kenny Broughton SS, OF
Zach Nickell OF

- Hazard (22-13)

Lost Opening Round of Region to Letcher Central

Taylor Pulliam P, C, IF
Corey Slone C, P, OF
Victor Jewell IF, P
Austin Nidiffer IF, P

- Owsley County (4-19)

Lost Opening Round of Districts

Branden Green IF, OF, P

- Leslie County (13-12)

Lost Opening Round of Region to Breathitt County

Lost Players to Graduation:

Steve Davidson 3B, P
Cody Osbourne 2B, P
Matthew Joseph OF
Brain Napier OF
Chase Hopkins OF

- Cordia (9-21)

Lost in Districts

Jon Stacy OF
Justin Stacy OF
Jarrod Combs OF, C
Jacob Shephred OF

- Buckhorn (4-13)

Lost in Districts

Charles Abner OF, 3B

- Jenkins (4-21)

Lost in Districts

Chris Ramey P, C
Clint Cook OF, 1B

- Jackson City (2-14)

Lost in Districts

Justin Stacy OF, SS
I look for Powell, Estill/Lee, Knott Central, Letcher Central, Wolfe, Breathitt, Hazard, Perry Central to make it to Region. I'm unsure about the Estill/Lee Situation, it could go either way with them 2, Estill will be in a re-building year because of the Talent they lost but they have a lot of good talent coming up. Lee only losses 1 from a team that played a good season. As bad as I hate to say it, I believe Powell and Lee will be in Region from the 56th. I believe either Letcher Central, Hazard or Powell will win Region. But no team can be taken lightly they all seem to come to play come tourney time
Actually, LCC loses Dallas Adams also. I believe that Letcher Central has to be the consensus favorite going into next season. They have almost their whole team back, some incoming eighth graders who will help, especially at pitching, and they have one of the best, if not THE best coach in the mountains in Coach Dean.
^ KHSAA didn't show he was a SR. I do have to agree that LCC should be the Favorite
14th region baseball is always interesting at tournament time. You never know what you are going to get.
1a. Hazard- Stupart, Jr., Meehan, Soph., Johnson, Jr., Olinger, Jr., Haynes, Soph., Roll, Soph. *Whitaker, Jr. (transfer from Leslie Co.) will be eligible to go along with a good group of young Bulldogs.

1b. Powell Co.- Seniors: Hale, Hayes, Morton, Pelfrey, Johnson, and Spencer return along with Marcum, Jr. Like Hazard they have a good group of young players coming up in their program.

3. Letcher Cent. Seniors: Dollarhide and Mason. Juniors: Baker and Short. Solid Soph. class King, Salyers, Fox, and Hall
4. Lee County like mentioned before lose only one player to graduation
5. Estill County good deep group of young players returning
6. Perry Central Seniors - Hurt and Turner return. Hurt was 10-0 as a sophomore on the regional championship team
7. Breathitt Co. 55th Dist favorites again...with Hamilton on the hill they can play with anyone
8. Knott Cent. Adams (SS/C/P) returns for Pats
9. Leslie Co. Hubbard is the best defensive catcher in the 14th
10. Wolfe Co. Creech, Jr. and an even younger bunch of teammates
Dylan Riley will only be a sophomore next year for lee county. They did not lose anyone to graduation. Majority of their pitching last year was freshman and sophomores. They could be very competitive next year.
Hazard's big question will be pitching. They lost 3 pitchers in the graduating class. Whitaker will be eligible which will help, but Johnson and Roll are going to have to step up and the Dawgs may have to rely on some young arms to finish out the rotation.
56th district fan Wrote:Dylan Riley will only be a sophomore next year for lee county. They did not lose anyone to graduation. Majority of their pitching last year was freshman and sophomores. They could be very competitive next year.

they had him listed on KHSAA as a senior
Look for Powell,Hazard,Letcher and Knott to return back to the region.Knott will have to rebuild some but they should be okay.Hazard also has alot of young talent coming up.Should be an interesting season.
Best shot for them to win one is next year.
Hazard or Powell will win Region and my bet it's hazard
Letcher Central wins the region, has the best coach, returns every player but two, and still gets no respect.
I've not watched many 14th region teams play but from what I hear its a pretty weak region.
Hazard, Powell, Letcher Central will win Region, all depends on who shows up and wants it more!
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Actually, LCC loses Dallas Adams also. I believe that Letcher Central has to be the consensus favorite going into next season. They have almost their whole team back, some incoming eighth graders who will help, especially at pitching, and they have one of the best, if not THE best coach in the mountains in Coach Dean.

I think you hit the nail right on the head? Regardless of what Dean has coming back or coming in, he has a program with consistency, and also he has the ability to out coach anybody in the 14th region. With that being said though, predicting the 14th is pretty difficult to do any year, and this year is no exception. I think with LCC being the defending champ they have to be the overall favorite with 7 starters returning, but losing a player like Tanner up the middle is hard to replace? Powell County is directly behind them if not even with them. The only reason I would put LCC above them is because they did win it last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see these two in the finals? Hazard has a good chance as well with the talent they have coming up? I don't see anyone but these 3 winning the 14th in 2012?
Should be another fun, competitvie year in the 14th. But Hazard and Powell Co. have to be the favorites going in. They have more returning quality talent and are well coached.

Hazard (13-2) 14th region W-L entering regional tournament. Losses were to KCC and Powell Co. Lost Nidifer, Slone, and Pulliam* to graduation. But they return Stupart (broken ankle DNP in post season) and Whitaker is eligible.
*Pulliam was injured and did not play in post season.

Powell Co. (17-0) 14th region W-L entering regional tournament. Lost Mays, Trent, Scott, and Reed. Return a strong sr. class. Hazard is probably a little bit ahead of the Pirates with the addition of Whitaker who is a good pitcher.

Can't count out Lee Co., Estill Co., Leslie Co., LCC, PCC (there's just too many athletes in that school who could decide to play), KCC, and Breathitt Co. with Hamilton on the bump. Will any of the new athletes at Cordia play baseball?