Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central's JV?
Pike Central's JV team has really turned it around this year, don't ya think? I mean, last year they didn't win a game and now they're winning most of the time. They've got a lot of skillful players on they're team that are going to be an asset to the Varsity team. And they're starters have got potential! They have, Krista Brown, Jamie Mullins, Regan Williams, Tasha Blackburn, and Kayla Ratliff. And on the bench, Brucie Robinson is rarin' to go whenever Williams gets tired, Taylor Murphy, and Kristin Keene are pretty good too. What do you all think?
Yeah ur right there jv team has really turn around this year
I agree! Much potential lines their bench!
Yea, I would say that Courtney Mercer and Paula Coomer are doing an excellent job coaching the younger girls.
They have always had the potential in the gaurd standings with Krista Brown and Kayla Ratliff but their posts have improved TREMENDIOUSLY this year. Thats just even more advantage for the gaurds.
I will agree also. You would think they would play more on the Varsity. I know when it is close you want to keep experienced players in. But when they have a little lead coach Butcher should start subbing. No senoirs, so everyone is coming back next year. I dont think He should write this year off But at the same time He should be thinking of next year....good job girls.
I agree.. Varsity is a lot more intemidating than a JV game. And yes, when the games are close in points, Butcher should keep his more experienced players out (H. Ratliff, H. Harris, H. Thompson, K. Lowe, K. Pennington and A. Coleman). Coach Butcher is pretty good though about subbing in the girls when he can. It's all about getting their "gitters" out before you can do anything with them and I know for a fact that Coach Butcher understands that. He is a really good coach to these girls and they're lucky to have him and not to mention his coaching staff, Mercer and Coomer, who have helped to improve the Varsity girls, but to experience the JV girls. WAY TO GO COACHES!
yes the JV team has immprove vary much this year. paula coomer and courtney mercer have really brouught out what them girls are made of.:wenumber1 keep going girls
Thank PeeWee also.........everyone forget JCMS........There is very young talent on JV team. Just think if they played more on Varsity...JV would be great.....then in return, Varsity would improve..............
its not all jc on the bench ok
theres mullins girls like brown and brucie
It's not all about johns creek girl's but look how many mullins girl's are playing, but pike central's jv has improve so much mercer and coomer have rlly did a good job this year
I agree, these girls are coming along nicely thanks to some good coaching and great athletic potential.

With Varsity being young it looks like we can eventually develop some depth and PC should be strong for a long time.
I think that those girls did better last year they might not have won a game but atleast they all got some playing time and tussey seen the bench unlike murcer and butcher he has done nothing for this team but lost 3 player paige lowe,Kim coleman,and kayla johnson..... that is because they said if you like ball you will not play for pike-central because he has got his picks....
"basketball_20" Wrote:I think that those girls did better last year they might not have won a game but atleast they all got some playing time and tussey seen the bench unlike murcer and butcher he has done nothing for this team but lost 3 player paige lowe,Kim coleman,and kayla johnson..... that is because they said if you like ball you will not play for pike-central because he has got his picks....

Okay basketball_20, thats a bunch of boloney, you can ask any girl that plays for Coach Butcher, he has been great for these girls. n im sorry to offend anyone but i have something to say to people who rant and rave over p. lowe, k. coleman, and k. johnson and that is... get over it! it's done, finished! it's over when the fat lady sings and guess what? she just busted out her final note!
As for the JV girls, they are doing a terrific job. Who care about who came from mullins or who came from johns creek. They're all playing for Pike Central and thats all people need to care about. I think they're doing an excellent job and thats why I posted this. I posted this to brag on the JV girls and how well they're doing. NOT to discuss what people think about the Varsity, or the coaches, or the lost players. (and FYI the coaches are great thank you very much!)

Confusederved:
"pcchs_gal_33" Wrote:Okay basketball_20, thats a bunch of boloney, you can ask any girl that plays for Coach Butcher, he has been great for these girls. n im sorry to offend anyone but i have something to say to people who rant and rave over p. lowe, k. coleman, and k. johnson and that is... get over it! it's done, finished! it's over when the fat lady sings and guess what? she just busted out her final note!
As for the JV girls, they are doing a terrific job. Who care about who came from mullins or who came from johns creek. They're all playing for Pike Central and thats all people need to care about. I think they're doing an excellent job and thats why I posted this. I posted this to brag on the JV girls and how well they're doing. NOT to discuss what people think about the Varsity, or the coaches, or the lost players. (and FYI the coaches are great thank you very much!)

Confusederved:

Well said!!!:thumb:
[QUOTE="basketball_20"]I think that those girls did better last year they might not have won a game but atleast they all got some playing time and tussey seen the bench unlike murcer and butcher he has done nothing for this team but lost 3 player paige lowe,Kim coleman,and kayla johnson..... that is because they said if you like ball you will not play for pike-central because he has got his picks....[/0QUOTE]

From your previous posts you have made it well known that you are a Coleman, Slone, Lowe, Johnson supporter!!! WELL, guess what? Those girls left by choice and it had NOTHING to do with the coach. Lowe didn't WANT to play basketball, AD and Kim left before they even met the new coach, and Johnson left because her Daddy felt she wasn't getting enough time on the floor. IMO there were incentives to move on to another team, so I hope she is happy at Phelps. Please get the story straight before you continuously prove ignorance on this subject. Butcher is a great coach - granted he's young and has a few things to learn - but it's his first year. I say kudos to him for everything he has thus far accomplished with this team.

pcchs-gal-33 you had a great post as well.
To be such young girls, I think they are playing as well as expected. Keep up the hard work at practice. You made a good showing at the Painstville JV game. Winning isn't always everything. In that game, the PC team showed they had been practicing on improving their overall skill. I have seen a lot of improvement in several of the players, but I think Regan is most improved. In the last few JV games I've attended, I can tell she's obviously been focused on learning plays and such. SO Good job Regan and keep practicing PC JV!
Well said everyone. However, its not just Regan (Williams) on the box, Brucie Robinson is doing an excellent job as well as a post. I could go on and on on how much ALL of these girls have improved. Krista Brown, Kristen Keene, & Bethany Howell are great gaurds and for sure will be great assests to the Varsity team. Jamie Mullins, Kayla Ratliff, & Tasha Blackburn as well. (And if you seen Tasha Blackburn step up in the Varsity game against Paintsville, you'll know what I mean.) Taylor Murphy is a great rebounder. As soon as she gets off the bench, and a shot is put off, her butt is in someone's gut. Kristina Fields, Leslie Hale, Kayla Bentley, Arianna Blackburn, also will be great! Kristina has the height, Leslie can shoot outside, Kayla Bentley is soooo rough and tough and Arianna is super fast! These girls are gonna be oh so great, oh so soon. They just need to keep workin and keep it up.
the pike central jv team is very talented they are doing a fantastic job at playing this season. keep it up jv your dooing a great job!!
"pcchs_gal_33" Wrote:Well said everyone. However, its not just Regan (Williams) on the box, Brucie Robinson is doing an excellent job as well as a post. I could go on and on on how much ALL of these girls have improved. Krista Brown, Kristen Keene, & Bethany Howell are great gaurds and for sure will be great assests to the Varsity team. Jamie Mullins, Kayla Ratliff, & Tasha Blackburn as well. (And if you seen Tasha Blackburn step up in the Varsity game against Paintsville, you'll know what I mean.) Taylor Murphy is a great rebounder. As soon as she gets off the bench, and a shot is put off, her butt is in someone's gut. Kristina Fields, Leslie Hale, Kayla Bentley, Arianna Blackburn, also will be great! Kristina has the height, Leslie can shoot outside, Kayla Bentley is soooo rough and tough and Arianna is super fast! These girls are gonna be oh so great, oh so soon. They just need to keep workin and keep it up.

well said pcchs_gal_33 :Thumbs:
Nothing but the truth people! They're awesome this year and I think everyone's startin to see that.
well pcchs_33 r you are that regan willams girl at pcchs cause she is number 33
well whoever pcchs_33 is you could of not said it better and you also talked about mullins and johns creek players both and lets face it weather you like it or not both grade school teams are the future hawks of pcchs so you better get it through your heads now cause thats the same exact girls that will be there next year all 15 players and if people would quit reffering to them as mullins and johns creek things on the pcchs team would be alot better. i have been to alot of jv games and i might say brucie and regan work very well together under the goal they are unstoppable together(one from mullins and one from johnscreek) kayla ratliff,jamie and krista get along very well together (mullins and johns creek)these girls dont look at the school they use to play for they look at the school they play for now the pcchs hawks.so you all need to look at them as team mates not mullins and johnscreek
thanks
"big_gurls_rock" Wrote:well whoever pcchs_33 is you could of not said it better and you also talked about mullins and johns creek players both and lets face it weather you like it or not both grade school teams are the future hawks of pcchs so you better get it through your heads now cause thats the same exact girls that will be there next year all 15 players and if people would quit reffering to them as mullins and johns creek things on the pcchs team would be alot better. i have been to alot of jv games and i might say brucie and regan work very well together under the goal they are unstoppable together(one from mullins and one from johnscreek) kayla ratliff,jamie and krista get along very well together (mullins and johns creek)these girls dont look at the school they use to play for they look at the school they play for now the pcchs hawks.so you all need to look at them as team mates not mullins and johnscreek

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Bravo! :Clap:
This team has a great future. I hope they can go to as many Basketball camps as possible this summer. Pikeville, Morehead, UK,etc...go as a team and let other (talented) Coaches work on their skills and weakness. Great Future!!! :Skull03:
"BIG DADDY" Wrote:This team has a great future. I hope they can go to as many Basketball camps as possible this summer. Pikeville, Morehead, UK,etc...go as a team and let other (talented) Coaches work on their skills and weakness. Great Future!!! :Skull03:

I agree.
I would have to say that the JV team has talent when Kayla Robinson aka BRUCIE matures she will be an excellent post.. I also think that Brown has talent very quick and she needs to work on setting things up more like plays...
Brucie has matured a whole lot this year. I cannot wait to see her next year and years to follow! She is soo rough and tough! I wouldn't wanna be the person that she posts up on! lol. Brown has also gained experience this year. Shes doing a great job taking control and going to the basket. Way to go, you two. But not only these two have improved. EVERYONE has! Keep it up JV, can't wait to see you against Shelby Valley on Friday!
"BIG DADDY" Wrote:I will agree also. You would think they would play more on the Varsity. I know when it is close you want to keep experienced players in. But when they have a little lead coach Butcher should start subbing. No senoirs, so everyone is coming back next year. I dont think He should write this year off But at the same time He should be thinking of next year....good job girls.

Are you serious ?

NO WAY butcher can play those girls in a varsity game.They are good for jv but they are no where near experinced enough to play in a varsity game.They do need to practice with the varsity yes, but no way should they play varsity
:king:
:lame:
"pcchs_gal_33" Wrote:I agree.
Do you have something aganist Butcher?