Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK NIT bound?
I think we'll make the tourny
"alfus21" Wrote:Championsip with Pitino's recuits maybe, but the dominating 97 team didn't win a title and that team was better than the 98 team...Why couldn't Pitino close the deal...The 98 team lost 3 of their top 4 scorers in Mercer, Anderson, and Epps...Seems like Tubby done a good job despite losing 3 of the top 4 scorers off the 97 team...

Anderson didn't play in the 97 championship game against Arizona. Anderson plays, UK wins, simple as that. As for the 98 team, they wanted it more, they played their ass' off to win that championship, how many did Duke have them down and they came back.

I think the fans of UK should get some of the blame for this year. Everyone whined and complained about Tubby not getting McDonalds All-Americans and 5 star players, well he finally did and they have proven NOTHING but being OVERRATED. Take West Virginia for example. Not one, I repeat, NONE, NOT ONE of their players was a top 150 player in the nation in high school and WVU is ranked in the top 10 in the nation. None were more than a 3 star player in high school. How in the world UK beat WVU I will never know. Just because you get 5 star players and McDonalds All-Americans doesn't mean you are gonna be awesome, and that is UK's situation. UK has 4 players that were in the top 50 in the nation overall, not just their position, but OVERALL.

Tubby watched Lofton play many times, watched him lead his team to a state championship when he was a Junior and runner-up as a Senior. If he couldn't tell that Lofton was gonna be a big time college player then something is wrong with him, that means he has no sense for talent. He recruited 5 star players just because they were 5 star players.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Anderson didn't play in the 97 championship game against Arizona. Anderson plays, UK wins, simple as that. As for the 98 team, they wanted it more, they played their ass' off to win that championship, how many did Duke have them down and they came back.

I think the fans of UK should get some of the blame for this year. Everyone whined and complained about Tubby not getting McDonalds All-Americans and 5 star players, well he finally did and they have proven NOTHING but being OVERRATED. Take West Virginia for example. Not one, I repeat, NONE, NOT ONE of their players was a top 150 player in the nation in high school and WVU is ranked in the top 10 in the nation. None were more than a 3 star player in high school. How in the world UK beat WVU I will never know. Just because you get 5 star players and McDonalds All-Americans doesn't mean you are gonna be awesome, and that is UK's situation. UK has 4 players that were in the top 50 in the nation overall, not just their position, but OVERALL.

Tubby watched Lofton play many times, watched him lead his team to a state championship when he was a Junior and runner-up as a Senior. If he couldn't tell that Lofton was gonna be a big time college player then something is wrong with him, that means he has no sense for talent. He recruited 5 star players just because they were 5 star players.

I agree. Not enough of the hard working, hussling blue collar players like in the past. These players to me acts like UK owes them something for coming to play for them. :ChairHit:
Let's Face It Fellow Ihabitants Of The " Kingdom Of SmurfDom " Until Coach Container Recruits " Laborers Of The Hardwoods " That The Name On The Front Of The Jersey Means More Than The Name On The Back Of The Jersey, Then The Perception Of The "Huddled Masses" Of The Nether Region Will Never Change. When Will That Happen, Not Untill Coach Container Gets "Canned" :CE_DP_Ste Confusedalute:
"torQQue" Wrote:I agree. Not enough of the hard working, hussling blue collar players like in the past. These players to me acts like UK owes them something for coming to play for them. :ChairHit:

That's my point, thank you torQQue. West Virginia plays a bunch of blue collar white boys (don't mean anything racist by that statement) that work their ass' off and shoot the lights out of the ball, much like the 98' team of UK. Yeah they play black guys too just like UK did in 98' that contibute alot to the team. Being young has nothing to do with it (sorry Alfus, I have to disagree with you on that), look at UNC, they beat UK and took Duke to the wire lastnight. Hell if I was 6-6 I could play at UK and would probably dominate :rock: cause I'll be ****ed if I let someone out play me, that's just the way I am. I might sound ****y and big headed, but that's just the way it is, anyone who seen me play in high school they will tell you, I was a workhorse.

As for UK, I hope they do play in the NIT and hope they get beat in the 1st round by Indiana University of Purdue of University of Indiana (IUPUI, I guess that's what it is.) Then maybe these big time recruits won't come and UK will have to get unknowns that will play their ass' off and make a name for themselves. UK basketball has done nothing but make me sick to my stomach this year.

And the sad thing about it is, I would rather watch Pikeville College play than UK.
i think there NIT bound for sure they cant pull together and play ball // and it doesnt like they will be able to any time soon
If we dont make it. Do you think that tubby is gone?
"blackcat_student" Wrote:Remember when Indiana went to the NCAA tourny 22-11 and went to the elite 8 taking on 1 seeded Duke in Rupp Arena, It was one of the greatest games ive seen and Indiana was predicted to go to the 2nd round in the tourny ! I compare that team to this year's UK team !

I was at that game and it was awesome...The Rupp Arena crowd and a lot of UK fans really helped the Hossiers that night...There were a few Duke fans there but it was a very anti-Duke crowd but that is expected in Rupp. I only hope the Cats can make a similiar run this season but I dont see us advancing past the 2nd round but I do believe we make the tournament.
kentucky will make the tourney, dont worry
today's ky fans make me sick
did anyone else know that tubby has the highest winning percent of active coaches in the nation in the 8 year span that he has been at ky (going into this season that is higher than the all mightY god-RECRUITER COACH K OF DUKE) if ky doesn't win the tourney then the coach should be fired i hear that every year) the reason that most uk fans hate tubby are cause they are racist morons get over it he is our coach the reason we are down this year is that the players are all lazy with the exception or rondo and moss.
sparks can't create for hiself so he has to move around (or is supposed to) and use screens and ball movement to get shots off
all he does is stand there kind of "hunkered" over waitint on the ball
noone will go up for a rebound and perry can't make a layup the players need to be benched and get the guys on the end of the bench that want to play i bet they would move a little bit and remember what name is on the front of the jersey!!!!! tubby is the man!!!
oh yeah pitino left when he said he wouldn't what a man
I think today is a must win for UK, games at LSU, at UT and against Florida, I think the road games today and at USC will be critical....
definitely a MUST win for the wildcats today. the schedule doesnt get any easier throughout the last part of the year. we need this one.
"MCfan" Wrote:kentucky will make the tourney, dont worry

Have you changed your mind. I don't see how we can possibly make it the way we are playing.
I'm worried now
"I was the greatest" Wrote:today's ky fans make me sick
did anyone else know that tubby has the highest winning percent of active coaches in the nation in the 8 year span that he has been at ky (going into this season that is higher than the all mightY god-RECRUITER COACH K OF DUKE) if ky doesn't win the tourney then the coach should be fired i hear that every year) the reason that most uk fans hate tubby are cause they are racist morons get over it he is our coach the reason we are down this year is that the players are all lazy with the exception or rondo and moss.
sparks can't create for hiself so he has to move around (or is supposed to) and use screens and ball movement to get shots off
all he does is stand there kind of "hunkered" over waitint on the ball
noone will go up for a rebound and perry can't make a layup the players need to be benched and get the guys on the end of the bench that want to play i bet they would move a little bit and remember what name is on the front of the jersey!!!!! tubby is the man!!!
oh yeah pitino left when he said he wouldn't what a man

Like I said earlier, UK fans should get most of the blame for this year. Whined and complained about Tubby not getting McDonlads All-Americans, well he did and look at them, they're all a bust, they suck. He needs his butt kicked for listening to the fans and athletic director etc. Go out and find you some boys like Scott Padgett, Jeff Shepherd, Cameron Mills etc. Boys that are good and will play their ass' off EVERY game.

As for this season, they aren't gonna make the tourney, so Tubby should give Preston LeMaster and those on the bench a chance now, his "All-Americans" blew it this year, they make me sick at my stomach. Todays game was NOT a very good one to watch when you're hung over, it like to have killed me.
UK will make it to the tourney....we will win at least 1 of the BIG 3 at the end of the regular season. We are talented enough to cause some damage in the SEC tourney. We may be a low seed, but we will easily be in.
At this rate the NIT will be where we are headed, but I would rather go to the NIT and compete for a title rather than go to the NCAA's and lose in the 1st or 2nd round.
It may be better to go to the NIT and have a chance to win a game or two than go to the NCAA as a 8 or 9 seed and lose a first round game.
"Old School" Wrote:It may be better to go to the NIT and have a chance to win a game or two than go to the NCAA as a 8 or 9 seed and lose a first round game.

I dont think a single coach in the NCAA would agree w/that.
"Smokey" Wrote:I dont think a single coach in the NCAA would agree w/that.
In public or around the Admin maybe, but in private I bet they would rather go to the tourny that they know they could compete in.
"Enigma" Wrote:In public or around the Admin maybe, but in private I bet they would rather go to the tourny that they know they could compete in.

Do you think EKU would have rather been in the NCAA or the NIT last year? The NCAA, easy. That is how Ford moved up in the ranks...I dont think he would have done that in the NIT.
im sorry to say fellers but uk ddont deserve to be in the nit .. tubby shouldnt even take a nit bid thats just a descrase to the university
IU, Syracuse, UL, South Carolina, St. Joes, Cincinnait, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Flordia st, Arkansas, Notre Dame and maybe even Kansas, just to name a few.. would most likely be playing in the NIT.. Winning the NIT would not be likely. We could possibly lose the first rd of the NIT>
You might be right there QQ.
"CatDawg" Wrote:You might be right there QQ.

CD... I hope Im wrong here and UK plays itself into the NCAA bid and go into the NCAA with a little fire and passion..

If they dont make the NCAA, UK would be silly not to go the NIT. All these other big teams will be there playing the game they love, improving their records, improving thier skills, building for the future.. Be foolish not to go..

If UK goes to the NIT.. I will be cheering them all the way and hope the cut down the nets in the NIT tourny.

I love the cats, regardless.. Ya, I get upsset because we are having a down season. But I stand by my Cats as they will scratch and crawl their way back to the top..

This season isn't over. I will take it one game at a time and hope for the best.
"Smokey" Wrote:Do you think EKU would have rather been in the NCAA or the NIT last year? The NCAA, easy. That is how Ford moved up in the ranks...I dont think he would have done that in the NIT.
OK:wenumber1