Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yao Ming Retires
Was great, could have been legendary without injuries.
Man, there goes all my hope to see him in the Green.
Gone, but not forgotten.
Thank God!!!!
Im actually pretty sad to hear this.
Dang this sucks... I liked Yao!!!
MVP2 Wrote:Man, there goes all my hope to see him in the Green.

You wanted him to play for the Celtics?? Surely not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Seems unreal but, I can understand his decision. The man just has too many injuries and that is just unfortunate!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Yao was one of the few NBA players I actually liked.
Maybe the biggest dissapointment of all time.....
And to think there was a billion people in China who watched him play his first game lol, now they wont be able to watch him at all.
Nine seasons. After his 3rd season, he could never played 60 games in a season.
Bolt Wrote:Maybe the biggest dissapointment of all time.....
And to think there was a billion people in China who watched him play his first game lol, now they wont be able to watch him at all.

There have been bigger ones
^For sure!
Sad Time In Houston,
Yao could have be one of the greatest. But injuries killed him!
Not every "body" was made to handle the pace of the NBA.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^Or the height he was. lol
Sad news, but he did make the right choice for his body.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Yao could have be one of the greatest. But injuries killed him!

No, I don't agree with that. He was good, never great!
He could have been great. But was never healthy enough after his second season to show it.
^ I guess we could say any athlete who was injured and never got to prove themselves could have been great
stardust Wrote:^ i guess we could say any athlete who was injured and never got to prove themselves could have been great

l-o-l
Stardust Wrote:^ I guess we could say any athlete who was injured and never got to prove themselves could have been great

Even though that was meant as sarcasm it is partially true. Players like Yao and Brandon Roy, I think that. I do not count players that got drafted, hurt, then never played. However someone like Yao or Roy that PROVED they could play, then got hurt, can be said to have the potential to be very very good.
LWC Wrote:Even though that was meant as sarcasm it is partially true. Players like Yao and Brandon Roy, I think that. I do not count players that got drafted, hurt, then never played. However someone like Yao or Roy that PROVED they could play, then got hurt, can be said to have the potential to be very very good.

So both of them were "great" before they got injured? I'd say they were good, but not great.
Stardust Wrote:So both of them were "great" before they got injured? I'd say they were good, but not great.

Maybe we have a different definition of great. To me, if you are an all-star, you are great. What does great mean to you?
^ What do you mean by All-Star? Hopefully you don't mean fan voted? If you are talking about All-NBA team, Carlos Boozer has been all NBA, and he is not one of the GREATEST!
LWC - Don't take it personal.. It's just Stardust doing what Stardust does LOL.
good NBA player with alot of potential but his injuries haunted him