Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best upcoming juniors in the 15th
Who are some of the best upcoming juniors from around the 15th Region?
I believe Magoffin has two of the best juniors coming up with thier outstanding shortstop Nathan Howard and the nice lefty pither Austin Whitaker who also got some pop in his bat.
Tyler Bentley, outfielder for East Ridge hit .420 as a sophomore and has improved a lot this off season.
15th Region:

Michael Henson(Betsy Layne)
Bryson Williams(Prestonsburg)

That's really the only two I know of right off the top of my head.
Johnson central has some dandies !!!!!!! Let's not forget them !!!
Trey Stapleton P-Burg
Colby Burchett & Brooks Pelphrey of Paintsville.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Henson bl
newsome bl

williams p-burg
stapleton p-burg
Tyler Blanton Magoffin
Nathan Howard Magoffin
Austin Whitaker Magoffin
Caleb Hall Magoffin
Brooks Pelphrey Paintsville
Garrit Lemaster Johnson Central
Chase Blevins Johnson Central
Colby Burchet Paintsville
Jimmy Preston Johnson Central
Well i have heard some great things about this Chase Lafferty from Inez,KY.Many people i know from there have said that this kid has improved tremendously this summer and has worked very hard i hope to see great things out of this kid.
Johnson Central has some great juniors
How good is Pike Central?
PC has a ton of talent but a coach that knows nothing. Should be much better then they are. I was really not impressed with the way they played last year. I expected so much more with what they had.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:PC has a ton of talent but a coach that knows nothing. Should be much better then they are. I was really not impressed with the way they played last year. I expected so much more with what they had.

I had no idea PCC was that loaded with talent? Who do they have?
They have the transfers that they got last year. The Boggs kid throws in the 80s. They have the Pugh kid that is capable of hitting in the 80s and I can't remember the others. They had a very athletic team though. They should be much better then they are.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:They have the transfers that they got last year. The Boggs kid throws in the 80s. They have the Pugh kid that is capable of hitting in the 80s and I can't remember the others. They had a very athletic team though. They should be much better then they are.

Well I guess I just don't understand the concept of that? Even if you are stuck with a terrible coach who knows absolutely nothing about baseball, if you have the talent you say then you should still be able to beat teams like Phelps on a regular basis? All i'm basing this on is what they did last year and they didn't add anyone that will make that much of an impact? They only won 4 games in the regular season, and two of those wins were against the same team. PCC has taken a complete nose dive since the late 90's and it's kind of sad. They had a great team, good coach, good facilities, and I just wonder where it went?
First I have nothing to do with PC. I just happened to see them play in the beginning of the year and then at the end. They became much much worse as the season went on. Seems like they play many kids outa position. I know at one point in time one of the parents told me that they didn't even practice, they were just going out and playing. I think much of what hurt them is that they are unable to use there facilities due to the girls not having a field. Then on top of that there coach really isn't very good at all. Not willing to put in the time it takes from what I was being told.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well I guess I just don't understand the concept of that? Even if you are stuck with a terrible coach who knows absolutely nothing about baseball, if you have the talent you say then you should still be able to beat teams like Phelps on a regular basis? All i'm basing this on is what they did last year and they didn't add anyone that will make that much of an impact? They only won 4 games in the regular season, and two of those wins were against the same team. PCC has taken a complete nose dive since the late 90's and it's kind of sad. They had a great team, good coach, good facilities, and I just wonder where it went?

They now have what may be argueably the worst faciilities in the 15th region. Their very nice baseball field was given to girls softball, and they are now forced to play in the cow pasture at Johns Creek Elementary. Title 9 thinking at it's very best.
I agree 100%! Trust me. I know what Title does. We still don't have our own field!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:I agree 100%! Trust me. I know what Title does. We still don't have our own field!

Well I will tell you this.....I seen a picture in the paper the other day of paintsville soccer playing a home game and I almost threw up when I realized they were playing their home games on the baseball field? I can't believe their doing that? Between that and the numbers football has, paintsville needs a serious intervention and they need to somehow find that swagger they had in the 90's and every decade before that as well? There is no reason why paintsville should be treating their athletics the way they do?
People pitched a hissy fit til softball got a field. Yet two of the more successful programs in the school (Baseball & Soccer), have to share a field that doesn't even belong to neither! But, I'll be quiet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:People pitched a hissy fit til softball got a field. Yet two of the more successful programs in the school (Baseball & Soccer), have to share a field that doesn't even belong to neither! But, I'll be quiet.

That is completely insane to me?!?:HitWall::HitWall:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That is completely insane to me?!?:HitWall::HitWall:

Coy Samons.
What Title IX's purpose was, is IMO, outdated.

No one is being excluded because of sex, they being excluded because lack of financial/general interest. Title IX is abused and perverted to allow programs that the majority has no interest in, the abaility to be (considered to be) subsequently equal to revenue generating programs.
Panther Thunder Wrote:What Title IX's purpose was, is IMO, outdated.

No one is being excluded because of sex, they being excluded because lack of financial/general interest. Title IX is abused and perverted to allow programs that the majority has no interest in, the abaility to be (considered to be) subsequently equal to revenue generating programs.

Regardless of Title IX or anything like that, each sport deserves it's own individual respect. Telling a program they must share their field, in which they spend several hours taking care of, is completely disrespectful. If anything, soccer should be shared with the football, just like every other school that doesn't have a soccer field does? It makes no sense with the size of the field or the layout to even use a baseball field? I understand they are in season at the same time, but there are several ways to work out a schedule for the field? It just puts a black eye on how the treat their baseball program, and if they ever expect to make Painstville a power house again in baseball, this has to change? A lot of the reason great players, great coaches, and great administrators go the other schools is because of how they are treated and the support they get as well as their facility situation, and this may be the worst facility situation(with the exception of Pike Central) that i've ever seen?
Not sure that I would say the worst I have seen. Paintsville isn't even in the worse situation in the 57th. That would solely belong to Magoffin.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Coy Samons.
What a shocker!!!!!! Imagine that !!!!!!! You Baseball and Soccer Guys can forget that but if you want to divert your energy to a Volley Complex that might work.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Coy Samons.

So does this mean it was his decision to put soccer on the baseball field?
It has always been there guys. The football field is wide enough, BUT, the rails come into play and the field has a crown. You know, That field has had nothing but a winning tradition. I hate it that they have to share it. But, as long as BOTH keep winning the way they are. Oh well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Johnson Centrals catcher (Garret Lemaster)