Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If this is the best McConnell can do, he needs to go...
I am not saying that you are wrong but we have a president who is bent on destroying our economy and a media willing to back him to the hilt. The best that the Republicans can do may be to make sure that Democrats take the blame when the fit hits the shan.

The worst thing that Republicans can do is to help Obama get reelected, while helping Democrats retain the Senate and possibly retake control of the House. Given 4 more years to undermine our way of life, Obama will almost surely finish us off.

However, McConnell's proposal seems too gimmicky to sell to the public as a positive way to protect us from the first Marxist President of the United States. It does seem like a way of withdrawing from a battle worth fighting but I have zero faith in average Americans doing the right thing in this case. Polls show that they oppose raising the debt limit but will fold like a cheap card table once benefits start to get cut and federal employees get sent home.

You can bet that Obama is salivating over the prospect of stopping checks to senior citizens and the troops from going out while blaming Republicans for his actions. He will not cut spending to Planned Parenthood, the NEA, and other programs that his core supporters favor before attacking groups that generally vote for Republicans such as senior citizens and our military men and women.

IMO, the House Republicans need to pass a bill containing a list of budget cuts coupled to a hike in the debt limit and put the ball in Obama's court - even if that means a much smaller cut in spending that would eliminate such wasteful spending as the Department of Education, Department of Energy, National Endowment for the Arts, NPR, and PBS.

Finally, Republicans need to find leaders who are more effective communicators than Boener and McConnell to go toe-to-toe with Obama. There are much more articulate people in the House and Senate who should be doing the talking. I would like to see House members like Col. Allen West, and Senators Jim DeMint and Marco Rubio doing more of the talking. It would also not hurt to have some popular young governors like Nikki Haley, Chris Christie, and Bobby Jindal come to Washington to testify about the economic terrorism that Barack Obama is waging against their states.
^ Great post Hoot
Stardust Wrote:^ Great post Hoot
Thanks, Dusty. After I posted, I heard Newt Gingrich suggest something similar to one of my suggestions. I didn't know that Newt lurked on BGR. :biggrin:

Newt's suggestion is to put together a bill with $200 billion in spending cuts tied to a $200 billion increase in the debt ceiling and call it something like the Social Security and Armed Forces Guaranteed Payment bill. It would assure that senior citizens and our military men and women would receive their checks for the month of August. Afterwards, Republicans in the House could continue to pass similar monthly bills for the next 18 months, if necessary, until we can replace Obama with a responsible capitalist who respects our Constitution.

This is the kind of strategy that made Newt one of the most brilliant political tacticians to ever serve in the House of Representatives. IMO, Gingrich will never come close to being elected president but he still shows flashes of brilliance when he is not sticking his feet in his mouth or teaming up with Nancy Pelosi to fight global warming.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am not saying that you are wrong but we have a president who is bent on destroying our economy and a media willing to back him to the hilt. The best that the Republicans can do may be to make sure that Democrats take the blame when the fit hits the shan.

The worst thing that Republicans can do is to help Obama get reelected, while helping Democrats retain the Senate and possibly retake control of the House. Given 4 more years to undermine our way of life, Obama will almost surely finish us off.

However, McConnell's proposal seems too gimmicky to sell to the public as a positive way to protect us from the first Marxist President of the United States. It does seem like a way of withdrawing from a battle worth fighting but I have zero faith in average Americans doing the right thing in this case. Polls show that they oppose raising the debt limit but will fold like a cheap card table once benefits start to get cut and federal employees get sent home.

You can bet that Obama is salivating over the prospect of stopping checks to senior citizens and the troops from going out while blaming Republicans for his actions. He will not cut spending to Planned Parenthood, the NEA, and other programs that his core supporters favor before attacking groups that generally vote for Republicans such as senior citizens and our military men and women.

IMO, the House Republicans need to pass a bill containing a list of budget cuts coupled to a hike in the debt limit and put the ball in Obama's court - even if that means a much smaller cut in spending that would eliminate such wasteful spending as the Department of Education, Department of Energy, National Endowment for the Arts, NPR, and PBS.

Finally, Republicans need to find leaders who are more effective communicators than Boener and McConnell to go toe-to-toe with Obama. There are much more articulate people in the House and Senate who should be doing the talking. I would like to see House members like Col. Allen West, and Senators Jim DeMint and Marco Rubio doing more of the talking. It would also not hurt to have some popular young governors like Nikki Haley, Chris Christie, and Bobby Jindal come to Washington to testify about the economic terrorism that Barack Obama is waging against their states.

I agree with 90% of your post but I want the Republiicans to do better than being able to say "It's not our fault." In other words, I want something done.
I saw a comment last night that sums up my feelings - "Republicans are disappointing, Democrats are dangerous." Don't get me wrong though, I am still nowhere near the point where I would vote for a Democrat. I just want better Republicans. Your last paragraph would be an excellent start.
jetpilot Wrote:I agree with 90% of your post but I want the Republiicans to do better than being able to say "It's not our fault." In other words, I want something done.
I saw a comment last night that sums up my feelings - "Republicans are disappointing, Democrats are dangerous." Don't get me wrong though, I am still nowhere near the point where I would vote for a Democrat. I just want better Republicans. Your last paragraph would be an excellent start.
:Thumbs: I agree 100%. I think that the quote you cited sums up my feelings as well. I also want Republicans to do more than say "It's not our fault,'" but in a worst case scenario, I do not want Obama escaping responsibility for his irresponsible actions. If that happens and this clown is elected for another four years, I will seriously consider temporarily moving to Canada. In fact, I have already applied for a position in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Canada's economy is booming compared to our's.

(I am currently on unpaid administrative leave because the bungling bureaucrats in charge of soliciting contract bids have failed to do their job, placing 24 people out of work indefinitely. Odds are, I will be called back to work within a week or two but I will probably be required to work long hours and some weekends making up for the federal screw-ups who will retire comfortably at the public's expense.)
Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: I agree 100%. I think that the quote you cited sums up my feelings as well. I also want Republicans to do more than say "It's not our fault,'" but in a worst case scenario, I do not want Obama escaping responsibility for his irresponsible actions. If that happens and this clown is elected for another four years, I will seriously consider temporarily moving to Canada. In fact, I have already applied for a position in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Canada's economy is booming compared to our's.

(I am currently on unpaid administrative leave because the bungling bureaucrats in charge of soliciting contract bids have failed to do their job, placing 24 people out of work indefinitely. Odds are, I will be called back to work within a week or two but I will probably be required to work long hours and some weekends making up for the federal screw-ups who will retire comfortably at the public's expense.)

Wow, hate that about your job, but having read your posts for quite awhile, I know you will be fine.:Thumbs:

The Lexington Herald-Leader lead article today blasts McConnell's plan, and says Tea-partiers are opposed to it also. Im sure similar liberal rags all over the country will be "reporting" the same. McConnell's "plan" will be blasted by almost everyone and will only help Obama get off the hook. Voters won't go for the "it's not our fault" mantra anymore, so now both sides will be blamed for the debt mess. The Republicans have Obama on the ropes if they stand firm and hold his feet to the fire.
^Agree with what you all are saying. Hoot is right on with his statement that Obama is salivating over the prospect of denying seniors and troops their just due. What I wanted to add is this. The only thing standing between the unsuspecting American public and the destruction of our way of life by the present administration are the republicans. Are they men enough to do it? But back to my point. The reason Obama and his corps of liberal zombies attack the republicans minute by minute and, the reason the complicitous liberal main stream media air these attacks 24/7, is because the republicans are their only critics.

If one were about to buy a car, let's say. And while the salesman was in midspeech, extolling how great a buy the car would be, the former owner comes up and warns off the potential buyer saying, "you don't want to buy that junk heap." Now the car salesman is greatly annoyed by the former owner and lashes out against him with a verbal assault intended to discredit him. Why? so he can sell the car of course, and, rid himself of any opposition to that end. In exactly the same way, the dems started the perpetual slam fest they all love to participate in so much against the republicans. All that to say this, the name calling, insults, spin (which is coming out of the mouth of people like Castro is called propaganda), and all the liying with stats and ruses, is being called out by the republicans and the dems don't like that.

What kind of a person would lie and discredit innocent people to gain fame, power and fortune for him/herself? They are criminals IMO. Willing to risk our great nation or even sacrifice it on an altar of slander just so they can walk around feeling superior, the ultimate ego trip if you will, as a US Legislator. Rabbid in their attacks of undeserving colleagues across the aisle. No lie is offlimits or unexcusable in their persuit of secular humanistic equallity.

I wonder if any of the dems can see through the smoke screen that Mr Obama has set up to mask what I believe to be his real intentions, or if they are really as shallow as they appear?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]