Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Baseball 2012
ballfan87 Wrote:Very young team! I hope they do well but they definitely are taking some beatings. With the current assistant Coach on the team.. it is hard to get many kids interested..he has run off many great players with lots of potential. (AJ Cyrus was turning into a really good pitcher for one). Maybe he will grow up some this year and try not to throw the tantrums he does not want from the team. If Coach Bowens tries not throwing the ball buckets and stomping out of the dugout when things are not going to suit him. . He will gain more respect from the players and make a much better coach. Don't belittle the players for having the behaviors that you yourself cannot control. I know you know the game inside and out learn to act like an adult and "Coach"

I do think you are blowing the Bowen's situation way out of hand? Any good coach has passion if they want to be good at what they do? When you put all your time into something and you go over something time and time again, and then things don't go they way you drew it up to go, then yes you obviously will have emotions, but I have never seen that in the manner you say, and obviously nobody else has either or they would've posted in support of what you said? Now I will say this in regards to their status for the 2012 season.....If the talent in the 15th region is on a level playing field(hypothetically), then Chris Lawson will win the region tournament? I think LC has been very successful because they have had a rediculus amount of talent come thru since 2007, and really it has been coming in since well before that with Spencer Harris and Stevie Blevins? LC would have a lot more region titles if they had been in the 15th region this whole time, with the exception of some of the teams Pikeville's had? I don't think they could beat some of those teams? Anyway, Coach Feltner will always have a competitive team because of how hard he works, and that's just a fact. However, now that Chris Lawson is in the region, and the talent level has died down in Louisa, I think it's open season when it comes to the region tournament, and it'll basically come down to who out-coaches who, and if that's the case i'll take JC and any team Lawson coaches.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I do think you are blowing the Bowen's situation way out of hand? Any good coach has passion if they want to be good at what they do? When you put all your time into something and you go over something time and time again, and then things don't go they way you drew it up to go, then yes you obviously will have emotions, but I have never seen that in the manner you say, and obviously nobody else has either or they would've posted in support of what you said? Now I will say this in regards to their status for the 2012 season.....If the talent in the 15th region is on a level playing field(hypothetically), then Chris Lawson will win the region tournament? I think LC has been very successful because they have had a rediculus amount of talent come thru since 2007, and really it has been coming in since well before that with Spencer Harris and Stevie Blevins? LC would have a lot more region titles if they had been in the 15th region this whole time, with the exception of some of the teams Pikeville's had? I don't think they could beat some of those teams? Anyway, Coach Feltner will always have a competitive team because of how hard he works, and that's just a fact. However, now that Chris Lawson is in the region, and the talent level has died down in Louisa, I think it's open season when it comes to the region tournament, and it'll basically come down to who out-coaches who, and if that's the case i'll take JC and any team Lawson coaches.

Not out of hand at all.. total truth ask the fans who come on a regular basis. He has baseball knowledge no doubt about it.. but should not be out coaching unless he has some anger management training. This is the same coach who walked out on a 12 year old all star team during a in 2009 telling them they were losers and did not deserve to be on the field.
JRS I know that you haven't asked but in advance I have never seen the behavior described by 87. In 2011 I did not miss a game,an inning or an at bat.I have many many stat. sheets. I am a little harder than most score-keepers but it is my book. I will have it in 2012 and do not plan on missing a game then either. I am starting to feel a little like the old"Iron Horse",2,130 I believe it was. Oh yes the "Bash Brothers". Ifor the most part agree with you on the 2012 season. There may be just a smidge of surprise.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I do think you are blowing the Bowen's situation way out of hand? Any good coach has passion if they want to be good at what they do? When you put all your time into something and you go over something time and time again, and then things don't go they way you drew it up to go, then yes you obviously will have emotions, but I have never seen that in the manner you say, and obviously nobody else has either or they would've posted in support of what you said? Now I will say this in regards to their status for the 2012 season.....If the talent in the 15th region is on a level playing field(hypothetically), then Chris Lawson will win the region tournament? I think LC has been very successful because they have had a rediculus amount of talent come thru since 2007, and really it has been coming in since well before that with Spencer Harris and Stevie Blevins? LC would have a lot more region titles if they had been in the 15th region this whole time, with the exception of some of the teams Pikeville's had? I don't think they could beat some of those teams? Anyway, Coach Feltner will always have a competitive team because of how hard he works, and that's just a fact. However, now that Chris Lawson is in the region, and the talent level has died down in Louisa, I think it's open season when it comes to the region tournament, and it'll basically come down to who out-coaches who, and if that's the case i'll take JC and any team Lawson coaches.
Where is Lawson coaching?
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:JRS I know that you haven't asked but in advance I have never seen the behavior described by 87. In 2011 I did not miss a game,an inning or an at bat.I have many many stat. sheets. I am a little harder than most score-keepers but it is my book. I will have it in 2012 and do not plan on missing a game then either. I am starting to feel a little like the old"Iron Horse",2,130 I believe it was. Oh yes the "Bash Brothers". Ifor the most part agree with you on the 2012 season. There may be just a smidge of surprise.

I haven't either and in my opinion i'd say it's a disgruntled parent trying to throw a negative cloud over a guy that doesn't deserve it? I think people sometimes forget these coaches barely get paid anything for the amount of time they put in with their kids, and if anything it should be a thank you? I hope there is a lot of surprise

Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Where is Lawson coaching?

As far as I know Chris Lawson is the new coach at East Ridge?
They will struggle this because of the lack of maturaty. though they may have a great coaching staff and the will to strive for the best it's just not going to happen with the attitudes left from the past season.
LC will be young for 2012 with just a couple of seniors. With how this baseball program works and strives to win I think we might just see a suprise or two from this bunch.
anyone have there 2012 schedule? KHSAA isn't completely filled out
Strikeout King Wrote:anyone have there 2012 schedule? KHSAA isn't completely filled out

Here is what they have so far?

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh.../?id=36708

It's very watered down from years past, but a lot of that has to do with the fact they have to play 3 game series now with district teams? This will hurt a lot of teams schedules.
2012 will be a challenging year in DAWG country. Returning but 2 Srs.to this years team will of cource be an issue for everyone. The bottom line will be how much the very young players can contribute. The very talented bunch from 2011 are of cource gone and their absence cannot go without notice. One factor that you can take to the bank is that no matter what the finish,no team will be worked any harder in the off season than "THE DAWGS"
Noone on this site would argue with the fact that LC took a very big hit with the loss of the 2011 class. Whether they bring players in from other schools or not, LC baseball will not be the same this year or possibly for the next 2-3 years. They have A LOT of very young talent working their way up through the JV and middle school clubs. Not to say they are anymore talented than other teams in the area, I'm just saying from what I have seen they are a quite talented bunch. Even with the loss of the seniors I would not count out LC for a possible District title or runner-up title. As for a Region title; I dont really see it happening, but hey, anything can happen on any given day. It is anybodies Region this year just like years past. It will be very exciting to see the games that turn out because of it.
As for Coach Bowen, I do know that his behavior at some points has not been anywhere near appropriate, but I do personally know him and I know the love he has for the game and kids he coaches. He would not volunteer his time for no pay if he did not truly care. Not to say an attitude change would not do him any good, but that is not something anyone on this thread or forum can change, so stop talking about it.
Defensively in the Outfield I think the Dawgs will be stronger as a whole. It goes without saying that Shep will be missed however the kids you will see will impress you with their gloves and speed. Don't look for this threesome to let balls drop in front of them before the stop. In the infield Banks at 6 will be the hardest position to fill. It is a big ? mark for the coaches. Defensively I think the rest of the infield will be fine although I will miss Moore at first. He was a big target over there. Pitching will be the biggest situation for the staff as is it is for any team. If they throw strikes they can be successful. If not it will be hard for the infield to field W's and HB's. Hitting is something that can only be done at the plate when the umpire hollers play ball. There will be a great deal of action on the bases this season if the Dawgs get players on. "Speed". To predict a repeat would not be practical although as I have said before surprises loom over the Diamond. I just love the picks via /poll for the 57th.Heck I was the only one giving them a vote. Personally I like that situation very much.
WilsonLC Wrote:Noone on this site would argue with the fact that LC took a very big hit with the loss of the 2011 class. Whether they bring players in from other schools or not, LC baseball will not be the same this year or possibly for the next 2-3 years. They have A LOT of very young talent working their way up through the JV and middle school clubs. Not to say they are anymore talented than other teams in the area, I'm just saying from what I have seen they are a quite talented bunch. Even with the loss of the seniors I would not count out LC for a possible District title or runner-up title. As for a Region title; I dont really see it happening, but hey, anything can happen on any given day. It is anybodies Region this year just like years past. It will be very exciting to see the games that turn out because of it.
As for Coach Bowen, I do know that his behavior at some points has not been anywhere near appropriate, but I do personally know him and I know the love he has for the game and kids he coaches. He would not volunteer his time for no pay if he did not truly care. Not to say an attitude change would not do him any good, but that is not something anyone on this thread or forum can change, so stop talking about it.
Two more players quit. This makes 12 players that have quit from the freshman/jv/middle school team in the last 2 years. I know 2 of those players played travel ball last year and are playing this year but will not play for LC. These players quit because they get tired of being called losers every time they get behind in a game. They get tired of being yelled at and benched when they strike out or make an error. This causes them to be afraid to do anything which causes more mistakes. Bowen is probably a far far better manager than Feltner or Keeton, or anyone in the state for that matter at the varsity level but he has no clue on dealing with young kids. He has no idea how to motivate kids. A good coach at the fr/jv level should encourage kids to stretch their potential, take gambles, dive for a ball, go down swinging, go for the pick or steal, learn the game. Don't worry about losing the game, PLAY THE GAME! Instead he has these kids so scared they will make a mistake they are afraid to do anything. Look at the roster. Very few of any class. In two more years at this rate LC will have a hard time fielding a team even with recruiting from area schools. Of these 12 that quit only 1 is doing another sport in the spring. They didn't quit to play soccer or basketball. Most quit because they were simply to stressed to enjoy any part of it. Others do not even go out because it costs about $800.00-1000.00 a year to play for LC. The mandatory Florida trip is 600.00 to go play three games, then money for travel meals, tournaments, etc is another $200.00-$400.00 throughout the season. Most folks cannot afford this especially if you have brothers playing. And someone whose "behavior at some points has not been anywhere near appropriate" should stick with varsity level and leave the young kids to someone who doesn't mind losing a game as long as they played the game as hard as they could.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Two more players quit. This makes 12 players that have quit from the freshman/jv/middle school team in the last 2 years. I know 2 of those players played travel ball last year and are playing this year but will not play for LC. These players quit because they get tired of being called losers every time they get behind in a game. They get tired of being yelled at and benched when they strike out or make an error. This causes them to be afraid to do anything which causes more mistakes. Bowen is probably a far far better manager than Feltner or Keeton, or anyone in the state for that matter at the varsity level but he has no clue on dealing with young kids. He has no idea how to motivate kids. A good coach at the fr/jv level should encourage kids to stretch their potential, take gambles, dive for a ball, go down swinging, go for the pick or steal, learn the game. Don't worry about losing the game, PLAY THE GAME! Instead he has these kids so scared they will make a mistake they are afraid to do anything. Look at the roster. Very few of any class. In two more years at this rate LC will have a hard time fielding a team even with recruiting from area schools. Of these 12 that quit only 1 is doing another sport in the spring. They didn't quit to play soccer or basketball. Most quit because they were simply to stressed to enjoy any part of it. Others do not even go out because it costs about $800.00-1000.00 a year to play for LC. The mandatory Florida trip is 600.00 to go play three games, then money for travel meals, tournaments, etc is another $200.00-$400.00 throughout the season. Most folks cannot afford this especially if you have brothers playing. And someone whose "behavior at some points has not been anywhere near appropriate" should stick with varsity level and leave the young kids to someone who doesn't mind losing a game as long as they played the game as hard as they could.
It appears 02 that you and others have an agenda that does not consider the best interest of LC athletics and in particuliar the LC Baseball program. The first matter that should be considered is the aspect of expenses. In one post you you claim $600 and in another $400. This to play 3 games. Last spring 4of 5 games were played with one rain out in Fla. I suggest to you that the expenses incurred for 5 games was the same for any number of games in the same time frame. It was in fact $400. A trip to Fla. is a little more expensive than one to Camden Park. Players then and now have been told that those with economic difficulty will be assisted and they have been. A review of my records indicates very little expense beyond the Fla. trip.If you will kindly ask anybody involved with baseball at another school you will find this sport recieves the least from the system.
A second issue is with reguard to the loss of players and I take you at your word."12 players have quit". That is a very strong concept. We have no way of knowing why. You suggest coaching but we do not know. If things get tough in life we just quit. Our jobs or anything else!!! Our children have been taught to "Quit". If they don't like their position or playing time,they "Quit". If a coach attemps to motivate in a manner that is not personally acceptable,they"Quit".If it is not important to win then do not keep score. If one does not care about improving their game then choose another ave. of expression. If one does not care to be a part of a successful program then don't begin but please no "Quitters". 02 if you have issues with a coach talk to him or take it to the Head Coach,The Principal or some other venue rather than spouting over this board in anonymity.
Well spoken Charley.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:It appears 02 that you and others have an agenda that does not consider the best interest of LC athletics and in particuliar the LC Baseball program. The first matter that should be considered is the aspect of expenses. In one post you you claim $600 and in another $400. This to play 3 games. Last spring 4of 5 games were played with one rain out in Fla. I suggest to you that the expenses incurred for 5 games was the same for any number of games in the same time frame. It was in fact $400. A trip to Fla. is a little more expensive than one to Camden Park. Players then and now have been told that those with economic difficulty will be assisted and they have been. A review of my records indicates very little expense beyond the Fla. trip.If you will kindly ask anybody involved with baseball at another school you will find this sport recieves the least from the system.
A second issue is with reguard to the loss of players and I take you at your word."12 players have quit". That is a very strong concept. We have no way of knowing why. You suggest coaching but we do not know. If things get tough in life we just quit. Our jobs or anything else!!! Our children have been taught to "Quit". If they don't like their position or playing time,they "Quit". If a coach attemps to motivate in a manner that is not personally acceptable,they"Quit".If it is not important to win then do not keep score. If one does not care about improving their game then choose another ave. of expression. If one does not care to be a part of a successful program then don't begin but please no "Quitters". 02 if you have issues with a coach talk to him or take it to the Head Coach,The Principal or some other venue rather than spouting over this board in anonymity.
You miss my point. Coach Bowens is one of the best coaches in the state at the varsity level. He expects to win every single game no matter what. This is great for varsity players but is hard for a 13 year old to grasp. All of these players that quit were starters. They are starters in other sports. They are definitely not quitters. They quit because they were not allowed to make mistakes. They were forbidden to strike out. Failure resulted in a very demeaning tirade and violent explosions of rage. All over a middle school game that the next day no one remembered the score. Winning builds egos losing builds character. Learning to deal with failure and loss is a far bigger life lesson teachable moment than celebrating a win. The successful program was built by Keeton who attended many senior league games at Stella Moore to scout players and encourage them to come out for the high school team. Seems like more positive encouragement is needed rather than negative downgrading.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:You miss my point. Coach Bowens is one of the best coaches in the state at the varsity level. He expects to win every single game no matter what. This is great for varsity players but is hard for a 13 year old to grasp. All of these players that quit were starters. They are starters in other sports. They are definitely not quitters. They quit because they were not allowed to make mistakes. They were forbidden to strike out. Failure resulted in a very demeaning tirade and violent explosions of rage. All over a middle school game that the next day no one remembered the score. Winning builds egos losing builds character. Learning to deal with failure and loss is a far bigger life lesson teachable moment than celebrating a win. The successful program was built by Keeton who attended many senior league games at Stella Moore to scout players and encourage them to come out for the high school team. Seems like more positive encouragement is needed rather than negative downgrading.

you keep bringing up coach keaton in your posts. do you think he just sat there and never got in a players face? what is your deal anyway? i have been around the program for a long time. i see what goes on from a distance and behind the scenes. you and another poster on here are constantly bashing this assistant coach. what about the other coaches? do you want to bash them too? why not start now?

as for the players who quit. they quit. big deal. i was told by a player that there have been 40 players working out with the team this fall and winter. ok so 2 quit. you claim 12 have quit. ok. there is still a lot more that haven't quit. perhaps the real reason these players quit is because there are 40 players out there. have you thought about that? perhaps they know that they have to work their butts off to win a starting job because these coaches do not just hand out starting jobs? maybe they don't want to work hard enough to do this? i don't know, and neither do you, so stop assuming that you know why they quit. unless you are either one of the players who quit or a parent of one of the players who quit. if that is the case, then the message board is not the place for this, you should have gone to the coach and talked it out. you know, like adults.

i have seen with my own eyes a bunch of teaching and encouragement from the coaches towards the younger players. i've talked with a few of them and their parents along with some older players and their parents and hear nothing about bad coaching or poor attitudes from the coaches. i think all the varsity coaches are family men who are living wonderful lives. they are not there for the $$$$. they are taking time away from their families to better all players at lchs. i decided to create an account to defend the coaches since you and others just want to bash them. i was told last summer that one of the coaches was thinking of leaving for another job offer he had but decided to stay because he really loves this group of kids. i don't talk to the coaches, but if this is true, how great is that? but you don't want to focus on those type of stories.

i want to thank the other poster on here who has defended the lchs program. charlie hustle, i applaud your defense of the program. as an alumnus of lchs, i appreciate it.

i apologize for the long post. i am frustrated after reading all this.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:You miss my point. Coach Bowens is one of the best coaches in the state at the varsity level. He expects to win every single game no matter what. This is great for varsity players but is hard for a 13 year old to grasp. All of these players that quit were starters. They are starters in other sports. They are definitely not quitters. They quit because they were not allowed to make mistakes. They were forbidden to strike out. Failure resulted in a very demeaning tirade and violent explosions of rage. All over a middle school game that the next day no one remembered the score. Winning builds egos losing builds character. Learning to deal with failure and loss is a far bigger life lesson teachable moment than celebrating a win. The successful program was built by Keeton who attended many senior league games at Stella Moore to scout players and encourage them to come out for the high school team. Seems like more positive encouragement is needed rather than negative downgrading.
Ya know 02 a very respected sports figure of the last century once said"Winning isn't everything but wanting to win is".(Vince Lombardi) What you seem to suggest is that we teach a life lesson to our youth that it is permissive to have lack luster performance with a following failure which ends in character enhancement as we learn to cope. I am afraid that I must disagree. In todays adult world,which has a narrow path kids must follow,a limited economic status exists with little opportunity available. In this world there is little room for a permissive state of mind although the tone is certainly there. Children need to have strength and an independent productive stature. What you profess may just be the problem with some of our young adults today.I have never seen what you folks say about Coach Bowens, but I can tell you what you say makes him look like a kitten compaired to all of my coaches many years ago.From this athletic group came pro baseball/football players ,Doctors, Lawyers,a general and one old guy that likes to watch his team win baseball games.I have lost many times but I never really liked it.
why has my post not been put on here? i think it is only fair that i should be able to defend coaches when others rip them. thank you.
I quickly stopped reading your post after you said Bowens was a better coach than Feltner or Keeton. Coooooooome on man!!!!!Bowens is a middle school/JV coach, he is not a head varsity coach like you claim. Bowens is one of the best coaches in all of KY? Cooooome on man!! From the parents I have talked to, they tend to like Bowens. I attend several LC games yearly (middle school, JV, and Varisity) and I have never seen him do anything out of line. Now I have never been to a practice, but I have never witnessed anything during a game. Also, did it ever occur to you that these boys don't play because they are not good enough? I know from driving by the field that LC has around 40 kids practicing now, in January. I would assume that makes it very tough for kids to find playing time.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:It appears 02 that you and others have an agenda that does not consider the best interest of LC athletics and in particuliar the LC Baseball program. The first matter that should be considered is the aspect of expenses. In one post you you claim $600 and in another $400. This to play 3 games. Last spring 4of 5 games were played with one rain out in Fla. I suggest to you that the expenses incurred for 5 games was the same for any number of games in the same time frame. It was in fact $400. A trip to Fla. is a little more expensive than one to Camden Park. Players then and now have been told that those with economic difficulty will be assisted and they have been. A review of my records indicates very little expense beyond the Fla. trip.If you will kindly ask anybody involved with baseball at another school you will find this sport recieves the least from the system.

Most schools would pay this fee for the players or definitely be raised by Booster clubs.. Look at schools like Ashland, Johnson Central, Russell local they would never have to pay such a fee. 02 seems to have hit a nerve but has a very valid point. I don't have a kid on the team.. the quitters is the truth I know OBrien and Berry recently quit. Not due to anything Feltner has done... but some of the other coaches need to get more training in how to deal with young men from the age group of 13-18. I feel that Bowens should probably try going to U Pike or Alice Lloyd .. he has great baseball knowledge, but definitely does not have the correct temprament for high school age young men. I think he would be a much benefit at the college level and would definitely be able to deal with young men of that age group. LC has dozens of boys that go out for Football each year with either a winning or losing team.. the baseball team is barely scraping together enough boys to support a JV and Varsity team. These football coaches go out in search of players and build up their self esteem...the baseball team may want to try their strategy.
ballfan87 Wrote:Most schools would pay this fee for the players or definitely be raised by Booster clubs.. Look at schools like Ashland, Johnson Central, Russell local they would never have to pay such a fee. 02 seems to have hit a nerve but has a very valid point. I don't have a kid on the team.. the quitters is the truth I know OBrien and Berry recently quit. Not due to anything Feltner has done... but some of the other coaches need to get more training in how to deal with young men from the age group of 13-18. I feel that Bowens should probably try going to U Pike or Alice Lloyd .. he has great baseball knowledge, but definitely does not have the correct temprament for high school age young men. I think he would be a much benefit at the college level and would definitely be able to deal with young men of that age group. LC has dozens of boys that go out for Football each year with either a winning or losing team.. the baseball team is barely scraping together enough boys to support a JV and Varsity team. These football coaches go out in search of players and build up their self esteem...the baseball team may want to try their strategy.
Welcome back 87.You have been missed. I have a few brief comments about your post and some very short questions for you. Money is and always will demand attention. I have been at schoolboard meeting where money for Baseball was discussed and any amount beyond some very general amounts were tabled. Now if you have the means to secure funds to send the team to Fla. I would gladly accept a refund. Wheither it be from the school or other sources. I can assure you that the boosters do not have anywhere near 7 thousand dollars.They do the best they can. You know that baseball is a very low income sport therefore no school would take on this fee. If you can be specific as to the high school that does pay and give a coach that could document I would appreciate. The bottom line is that I do have a child that plays and while I do not have an abundance of money I enjoy Fla./Baseball in the spring and love to watch my team play.I certainly have a vested interest in the program. As to "Strategy" please review the two programs. When it comes to averages over the last 5 years I am afraid I must take the Baseball guys.You know they have been to the "Big Dance" more than once. And You? Now I really found myself with but one question, Would you consider voting for coach Bowens in a county election?:biggrin:
ballfan87 Wrote:Most schools would pay this fee for the players or definitely be raised by Booster clubs.. Look at schools like Ashland, Johnson Central, Russell local they would never have to pay such a fee. 02 seems to have hit a nerve but has a very valid point. I don't have a kid on the team.. the quitters is the truth I know OBrien and Berry recently quit. Not due to anything Feltner has done... but some of the other coaches need to get more training in how to deal with young men from the age group of 13-18. I feel that Bowens should probably try going to U Pike or Alice Lloyd .. he has great baseball knowledge, but definitely does not have the correct temprament for high school age young men. I think he would be a much benefit at the college level and would definitely be able to deal with young men of that age group. LC has dozens of boys that go out for Football each year with either a winning or losing team.. the baseball team is barely scraping together enough boys to support a JV and Varsity team. These football coaches go out in search of players and build up their self esteem...the baseball team may want to try their strategy.

Barely scraping together enough boys to have a JV and Varsity team?????

Have you driven by the field lately???? They have right around 40 kids out practicing now. It is January....To me that demonstrates nothing but strong numbers!!!

For all you parents complaining about how Bowens acts,understand this. He is not a college level coach, and I believe his son is in the 7th grade, therefore he is NOT going anywhere.
ballfan87 Wrote:....recently quit. Not due to anything Feltner has done... but some of the other coaches need to get more training in how to deal with young men from the age group of 13-18....

really? tell me what you know that the rest of us does not know. i've spoke to several players. they seem to love their coaches. can you even name the coaching staff? probably not. why do you want to constantly bash the baseball team. if you don't have a child on the team, why do you care? do you do this for the other sports too?
LawCo131 Wrote:Well spoken Charley.
It is truly amazing how some people can argue with success. The numbers do not lie and often tell a story. In the last three years the "DAWGS" have been 75-36 and have appeared in the big show 2 of 3 years. In fact I believe 3-4 the earliest being a runner-up. Success is not cheap. It comes with hard work and planning.With the numbers I see through the rain,snow and cold,somebody has to want one of those 9 slots. So come on 02 and 87, get with the program or "QUIT".:biggrin:
ballfan87 Wrote:... the baseball team is barely scraping together enough boys to support a JV and Varsity team. These football coaches go out in search of players and build up their self esteem...the baseball team may want to try their strategy.

pretty sure that you are wrong with this. how are they scraping a team together when they have had enough to have 3 teams the past 3 or 4 years? look at the numbers so far this year and this is before the official season starts. they have more right now than they did last year at this time. why do you continue this attitude?
Mr Hustle, I agree with you! Success cost! If your kid can't get the job done, try a new sport. Coaches work hard and get all the crap. Understand kids should be treated with respect and have the opportunity to make a team. I'm sure if a kid can't come up with the money someone on the staff would make sure the kids were taken care of.
I don't comment on here very often but the more I read the more I get aggravated.As for all the talk on here about Coach Bowens, I have been around this team for the last 2 yrs. With my son and I never saw or heard off the actions that are being told on this forum. Is he a hard Coach? yes. Does he expect ALOT out of the young boys? Yes. but these kids are not going to learn how to play this game if they are treated with kid gloves.And as for the boys that have quit. If those boys loved the game then they would not have quit. My guess is the moms and dads think there son is alot better than they really are. They play on these travel teams where they get to do what ever they want to, and when they get to the next level, where there is actually some rules to go by and the kids or the parents can handle it. As for Coach Feltner, I think he is a fantastic fit for the dawgs.
02 must have a son that quit.
this is completely rumor. i heard from someone that an assistant coach may be leaving. i don't know if it is immediately or at end of the year. heard he has another job if he wants it. not sure where. i don't even know which coach. just overheard a conversation that nobody knew i was listening to.