• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia moving to the top of the 14th?
I hear they are cleaning up on a few new freshman from some of the surrounding schools in the region. 1 from Hazard, 2 from Perry, 1 from JBS and 1 from Knott. Put these guys together with who they already got and who else they will get when some other upper classman don't like what is going on where they are, This is just the beginning though, everyone has seen how he ran his camp and loves coach Rhodes work ethic and how his system is going to work. They will be an awsome team to watch play and get better and better. Yes they will be young, but give them a little time and they will be running all over the 14th. Good luck Lions.
Who are the players from Hazard, PC, JBS,& Knott that are going to Cordia?
Perry Central will be Number 1 with Knott and Hazard Close behind. I do look for Cordia to Climb the ladder as the season goes on
Wall4president Wrote:I hear they are cleaning up on a few new freshman from some of the surrounding schools in the region. 1 from Hazard, 2 from Perry, 1 from JBS and 1 from Knott. Put these guys together with who they already got and who else they will get when some other upper classman don't like what is going on where they are, This is just the beginning though, everyone has seen how he ran his camp and loves coach Rhodes work ethic and how his system is going to work. They will be an awsome team to watch play and get better and better. Yes they will be young, but give them a little time and they will be running all over the 14th. Good luck Lions.

:wtf1:
SK don't forget about us now. Lol!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Wall4president Wrote:I hear they are cleaning up on a few new freshman from some of the surrounding schools in the region. 1 from Hazard, 2 from Perry, 1 from JBS and 1 from Knott. Put these guys together with who they already got and who else they will get when some other upper classman don't like what is going on where they are, This is just the beginning though, everyone has seen how he ran his camp and loves coach Rhodes work ethic and how his system is going to work. They will be an awsome team to watch play and get better and better. Yes they will be young, but give them a little time and they will be running all over the 14th. Good luck Lions.

:dangcompu:dangcompu
WOW!!! I bet Perry, Knott, Hazard, and others are putting their heads together to try to see what they can do about this. It is all right when Knott gets a transfer Justice, Hazard in the past from even out of town, and of course Perry, they don't recruit. Nothing wrong with hard work, people looks to be part of something good. As Bobby Keith once stated to the KHSAA "I don't recruit, good players just look to play in a great program" If you build it they will come!!
All that means is that Cordia is getting freshmen from around the region that could not contribute or compete for a position at their own schools. Now if he starts winning with those freshmen I will be interested.
I'm interested to see how it pans out.
It's nice to see him getting transfers(if he's getting them).
However, the 14th Region does not run through Lotts Creek.
It runs through the Highway 15 bypass in Perry County.
Coach Rhodes will have to be on the other side of the scorers table from Hatcher and Holland at some point next season no matter how many transfers he gets or how many camps he runs.
I can't wait to see what happens.
I heard that Cordia fans are already making reservations in Lexington for the Sweet Sixteen. With them being the next Oak Hill, it is rumored that the oddsmakers(aka a select few 14th region referees) have stated that they are a shoo-in to be the next regional champions. It is also rumored that the Lotts Creek hiearchy are discussing a name change for the school as they will soon be on the same level as Oak Hill Academy and Fork Union Academy. It is rumored, and this is only a rumor, that it will be named, Outhouse Mountain Academy.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I heard that Cordia fans are already making reservations in Lexington for the Sweet Sixteen. With them being the next Oak Hill, it is rumored that the oddsmakers(aka a select few 14th region referees) have stated that they are a shoo-in to be the next regional champions. It is also rumored that the Lotts Creek hiearchy are discussing a name change for the school as they will soon be on the same level as Oak Hill Academy and Fork Union Academy. It is rumored, and this is only a rumor, that it will be named, Outhouse Mountain Academy.

Come on man, its getting old. What do you get out of downing a little school like Cordia? No fan of Cordia thinks they'll win the 14th this year, but thats why the games are played. No one thought Butler would been back in the Championship this past season. Just for the record, that school which you think is a power house, has the same amount of region titles as little ole Cordia. I'm sure you know the number of that amount. Wink

I wish Coach Rhodes and Cordia the best of luck.
MVP2 Wrote:Come on man, its getting old. What do you get out of downing a little school like Cordia? No fan of Cordia thinks they'll win the 14th this year, but thats why the games are played. No one thought Butler would been back in the Championship this past season. Just for the record, that school which you think is a power house, has the same amount of region titles as little ole Cordia. I'm sure you know the number of that amount. Wink

I wish Coach Rhodes and Cordia the best of luck.

I would like for you to point out to me where I have ever stated "that school" that you are referring to was going to win the region. I have never made bold, brash predictions and have never made excuses when they lost. If you find any, point them out to me and I will apologize.
Unless they are bring kids from NJ, they won't be in the top of the region... I know that no Hazard player thats going to actually play for Hazard any time soon is going to Cordia...
Orangenowblue is just mad because this puts Letcher a few spots back in the region now..
Ballers you keep telling yourself that Leycher is a few spots back. Just how we like it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Ballers you keep telling yourself that Leycher is a few spots back. Just how we like it.

And everybody is making fun of Cordia and saying they still need more, which they probably do need more, but what many of the folks here do not remember is they were only like two players away from competing with everyone else last year. As a matter of fact, Cordia was one missed three pointer away from taking LCC to overtime. I don't see them winning any region title this year, but Rhodes will stay long enough to take them to their first state tournament appearance in school history. It could be Sweet Sixteen, and it could be All A, but he will take them to one of them places before he leaves for a different school, mark it down.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I heard that Cordia fans are already making reservations in Lexington for the Sweet Sixteen. With them being the next Oak Hill, it is rumored that the oddsmakers(aka a select few 14th region referees) have stated that they are a shoo-in to be the next regional champions. It is also rumored that the Lotts Creek hiearchy are discussing a name change for the school as they will soon be on the same level as Oak Hill Academy and Fork Union Academy. It is rumored, and this is only a rumor, that it will be named, Outhouse Mountain Academy.

OUTHOUSE MOUNTAIN ACADEMY!!!!! That is so out of line man. I really can't believe you just said that. Wait till ur school travels to Lotts Creek, they'll leave with their tails between their legs!!!:flame:

There has been no freshman from Perry nor Hazard on Lots Creek since Rhodes has been at Cordia. Just stop making rumors up and getting people mad. I am sure Rhodes probably will get transfers in, but I know for a fact that nobody from Hazard nor Perry has been playing ball in his camps. Yes, not only the players but the parents and family's of Lotts Creek love Rhodes and his work ethic, and the system he will be putting in.

His system is press, and shoot. Simple, but exciting to watch.
I think rhodes will do a fine job at cordia. He has more connections than anyone in this area to the inner city kids. look for him to feel up the dorms on lotts creek with players from other states.
ekff Wrote:Unless they are bring kids from NJ, they won't be in the top of the region... I know that no Hazard player thats going to actually play for Hazard any time soon is going to Cordia...

One of the few intelligent statements on this thread.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:One of the few intelligent statements on this thread.

Quit posting and there will be more. Your hate for Cordia is absurd.
Ballers Wrote:Orangenowblue is just mad because this puts Letcher a few spots back in the region now..

You think Letcher will be behind Cordia in the region? Letcher should be ranked quite a bit higher, maybe third or fourth in the region.
Tailback44 Wrote:Quit posting and there will be more. Your hate for Cordia is absurd.

No hatred. Just :ape: around with people who took it on themselves to attack me. Anyway my predictions for Cordia are if they play with the players they have returning from last year, .500 season will be a success. If they add a few transfers, they could have a 20 win season. Unless they bring in big time transfers, I do not see them winning the 53rd District or the 14th Region. The 14th region All "A" is a stretch with the young talent Hazard has coming up and Hazard will always have a talented transfer pop in every few years.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:No hatred. Just :ape: around with people who took it on themselves to attack me. Anyway my predictions for Cordia are if they play with the players they have returning from last year, .500 season will be a success. If they add a few transfers, they could have a 20 win season. Unless they bring in big time transfers, I do not see them winning the 53rd District or the 14th Region. The 14th region All "A" is a stretch with the young talent Hazard has coming up and Hazard will always have a talented transfer pop in every few years.

Like I mentioned earlier, Cordia did take LCC to the brink last year, so 500 ball will be a disappointment for them this year, nothing else other than 20 wins is a failure.
We shall see.
speaking of transfers, I heard that Hazard is getting one of the best players in the region from Breathitt Co.
Sounds as if Orange and Blue played for Letcher, Whitesburg, or Fleming-neon in the 90's when Cordia spanked all of them 95% of the time.
Some people read fantasies on their spare time. Would make for a great movie script.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Sounds as if Orange and Blue played for Letcher, Whitesburg, or Fleming-neon in the 90's when Cordia spanked all of them 95% of the time.

You are definitely wrong on all accounts.
I really didn't know there were so many Cordia fans on here... Is it just because everyone is so high on Rhodes or what?
  • 1(current)
  • Next