Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't Rondo shoot?
People say his hands are to big????

I know a guy by the name of Jordan had big hands..

To be honest, I don't think his hands are the problem.. It's his forum. His form is just not natural looking to me.

There was another player a few years back for UK that had a wierd release. Alfus might remember who I'm talking about.
Rondo's form is UGLY. And the guy you are thinking of from a couple years ago is Wayne Turner, his form was even UGLIER, BUT, he could outshoot Rondo I bet.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Rondo's form is UGLY. And the guy you are thinking of from a couple years ago is Wayne Turner, his form was even UGLIER, BUT, he could outshoot Rondo I bet.

Ya, Wayne had the ugliest shot ever. Well he did have.. I think Rondos has dethroned him as the ugliest shooter in UK history Smile
Rondo does have a pretty terrible looking shot, and he's not a good shooter when he does up up that horrible shot so I don't know why he thought he could start making them last night...I really lost a lot of respect for Rondo last night shooting those 3s like that...
Wayne Turner and Heshimu Evans both had ugly shots/releases but they led uk to a national championship.
do you think his hands are to big like shaq?
idk about the hand thing but he has the uglist shot ever
He's a great pg and never really worried about shooting? im just guessing. If he would drive more and pass it out to the wings . Give the pg back to rondo and make sparks the 2 and Crawford the 3. Then when rondo drives passes it out to them and a three.
And thy say he worked all summer on it its hard to believe that they did with a shot like that.
Shooting the basketball is all about reps and form. The more you shoot, with a correct form that fits you, the better you will get.

Rondo has pure basketball skill, something that cannot be fully taught. Will have ever be a great shooter? Absolutely not, but he'll become more respectable....
"FreakNasty" Wrote:Shooting the basketball is all about reps and form. The more you shoot, with a correct form that fits you, the better you will get.

Rondo has pure basketball skill, something that cannot be fully taught. Will have ever be a great shooter? Absolutely not, but he'll become more respectable....

To bad it will at the next level though before his shot becomes respectable. He won't last long enough at UK for this to happen.
"torQQue" Wrote:To bad it will at the next level though before his shot becomes respectable. He won't last long enough at UK for this to happen.

I think he's gone after this year.....
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Rondo's form is UGLY. And the guy you are thinking of from a couple years ago is Wayne Turner, his form was even UGLIER, BUT, he could outshoot Rondo I bet.

Bingo, and he had better fix it or he will never go to the NBA.
"FreakNasty" Wrote:I think he's gone after this year.....

No chance with a shot like that.
I say we cut off his pinky.
I would have had to seen him in the gym shooting free throws to believe he was in there working on it all summer. It seems to me that Rondo or no one else on the team plays with any urgency or pride. I love the CATS but it just seems to me that players in years past had more pride in the name they were wearing on their chests.
"blackcat" Wrote:No chance with a shot like that.
you guys are crazy its kind of funny. this guy will be in the NBA and will be drafted when he decides to go. good points guards look to pass first and shoot second. And he is a great defender.
"moofer" Wrote:I would have had to seen him in the gym shooting free throws to believe he was in there working on it all summer. It seems to me that Rondo or no one else on the team plays with any urgency or pride. I love the CATS but it just seems to me that players in years past had more pride in the name they were wearing on their chests.

Yeah....they just act like they dont care that they are losing. Past UK teams looked like they really wanted to play, instead of standing around.
"Billnz28" Wrote:you guys are crazy its kind of funny. this guy will be in the NBA and will be drafted when he decides to go. good points guards look to pass first and shoot second. And he is a great defender.

A good point guard would have made atleast one of those free throws. I like Rondo and I think he could possibly be one of the best guards in the nation, but it's not happening this year. Let Tubby and his assistants work with him over the off season and hopefully by his junior and senior year he will become the player we all know he is capable of.
"FreakNasty" Wrote:Shooting the basketball is all about reps and form. The more you shoot, with a correct form that fits you, the better you will get.

This must be the most intelligent thing Ive read in a while.

It's not about looking like other peoples shots, or normal, it about what works for you and if your consistant with it.
"blackcat" Wrote:No chance with a shot like that.

#10 to SacTown in the NBAdraft.net Mock...

http://www.nbadraft.net/

He has been high all year. If he's going to be a lottery pick, I think he leaves.....
"FreakNasty" Wrote:#10 to SacTown in the NBAdraft.net Mock...

He has been high all year. If he's going to be a lottery pick, I think he leaves.....

It probably helps that Mike Bibby's father was his AAU coach.
"FreakNasty" Wrote:#10 to SacTown in the NBAdraft.net Mock...

Just because his stock is high it means nothing, look at the guy that the Pistons drafted a couple years ago. They chose him instead of Carmelo Anthony, and I don't even think I have seen the guy play. I hope Rondo does good, but IMO he is no where near NBA material right now.
It doesn't matter if he's ready or not as cocky as he is he'll declare for the draft.
"CatDawg" Wrote:It doesn't matter if he's ready or not as cocky as he is he'll declare for the draft.

I definately agree, just like Morris did. Although I think he will get drafted, but he will be a flop.
"blackcat" Wrote:Just because his stock is high it means nothing, look at the guy that the Pistons drafted a couple years ago. They chose him instead of Carmelo Anthony, and I don't even think I have seen the guy play. I hope Rondo does good, but IMO he is no where near NBA material right now.

I dont think Rondo is great, but simply put, if he's going to be a lottery pick, he's leaving......
He will leave Kentucky, will he look great once he gets out? No but regardless he will leave. With the game that he had yesterday I was pretty disappointed, he isn't nearly the player now that he was at even the beginning of this season. Sparks wasn't himself yesterday as well. He only hit a couple of key shots...
Sparks hasnt been himself since he broke out that one game with multiple three pointers.. I think he has lost his touch, tried to change his shot, and messed it up.
"FreakNasty" Wrote:I dont think Rondo is great, but simply put, if he's going to be a lottery pick, he's leaving......

I see what your saying. :thumb: