Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagles Sign Derrick Locke
The Eagles have reportedly agreed to terms with their third undrafted rookie free agent running back, the latest being Derrick Locke from Kentucky. Much like the other two, Graig Cooper and Noel Devine, he's a small back, but very fast and versatile. He ran a 4.40 40 at the combine and was productive as a RB, return man and receiver against elite competition in the SEC.

However, also like the other RBs the Eagles picked up, Locke saw his draft stock drop after an injury killed his production in his senior year. Locke broke his forearm early in the year and then suffered a stinger late in the year. The latter injury reportedly limited his motion in the his shoulder and forced him to lose feeling for a few weeks.

He had originally agreed to a deal with the Minnesota Vikings, but failed a physical. The Eagles have apparently decided to take a flyer on him. Locke confirmed that he had been picked up by the Eagles on his official Facebook page.
I don't see how he can play for the Eagles if he couldn't pass the physical for the Vikings. I would think the Eagles will be putting him through the same physical that he failed.
I like this fit better for him. Because he can learn under Jackson who is a special teams nightmare.
MisterPerfect Wrote:I like this fit better for him. Because he can learn under Jackson who is a special teams nightmare.

I don't know if it helps or not...
When it comes to returning kicks there isn't a lot of things to learn lol
IMO it's basically speed and instinct.
[quote=zaga_fan]I don't know if it helps or not...
When it comes to returning kicks there isn't a lot of things to learn lol
IMO it's basically speed and instinct.[QUOTE]

And that is what Derek Locke is made of.
So what is the difference between a Vikings physical and an Eagles physical????
Well, I hope he can pass the physical for the Eagles because I would like to see him in the NFL and hopefully see him play one day!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Stardust Wrote:So what is the difference between a Vikings physical and an Eagles physical????

Feathers around the NUTT SACK!!!! :blondnurs:lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^ lol