Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Ross
I am extremely happy that JR is back. Just listening to him call the 2nd half of RAW was pure enjoyment. He does what a Wrestling color man is supposed to do. He makes every single match seem exciting and he always seems to add something.

Something as little as this is what impressed me. When Del Rio was working over Kofi's left arm, JR made the comment that Kofi is right handed. Making that little comment educates the viewer that maybe, just maybe, Kofi will be alright and can still win the match because he still has his strong arm left.
The only thing that I wanted more than to see Good Ol' J R back was to see the Cole Mine closed for good.
Unfortunately for everyone, Michael Cole is still expected to stay with the Raw broadcast team.

Back to the 3-man format.
^ Yep, WWE is keeping the 3 man!
JR is my favorite WWE announcer of all-time.

But man do I miss the WCW announcers lol
^ Tony Schiavone was the biggest mark in the business.
Stardust Wrote:^ Tony Schiavone was the biggest mark in the business.

I can almost remember everything Schiavone said during every big even in WCW history lol
I wont repeat it, but I will never forget Tony's raw emotion after the Hogan heel-turn. That was funny/great.

How many times did he get "awarded" worst announcer in sports?
I know Tony was only doing what Bischoff told him to do, but when he mentioned on Nitro that the taped RAW showed Foley winning the WWE championship is when he lost all credibility. That Monday night was the end of Nitro's ratings winning streak. WWE went on to take back the ratings war and crush WCW going forward. So, the most stupid words in the Wrestling Wars of the 90's was uttered out of the mouth of Schiavone
Stardust Wrote:I know Tony was only doing what Bischoff told him to do, but when he mentioned on Nitro that the taped RAW showed Foley winning the WWE championship is when he lost all credibility. That Monday night was the end of Nitro's ratings winning streak. WWE went on to take back the ratings war and crush WCW going forward. So, the most stupid words in the Wrestling Wars of the 90's was uttered out of the mouth of Schiavone

I can't blame Tony for that. That tactic had worked SO many times before, it just so happened that it burned them that time. I remember that I was a huge WCW fan, but I turned the dial to watch a title change hands.
^ Ditto for me as well. I used to watch Nitro live and then watch the VHS taped Raw afterwards. That night I switched the order of what I watched.
Stardust Wrote:^ Ditto for me as well. I used to watch Nitro live and then watch the VHS taped Raw afterwards. That night I switched the order of what I watched.

As did many....

and then came Vince Russo and the rest is history lol
^ The key word is "history"
The only thing worse than making Mike Adamle an announcer to replace JR was making him RAW GM.
him and Jerry Lawler are my favorite ring announcers. I'm glad good Ole' JR is back
I am glad to see JR back. Him and Lawler were always a great group of announcers to watch growing up - usually Ross supporting the faces and Lawler supporting the heels. I just started watching this a few weeks ago for the first time in years, but I haven't been impressed too much with Cole. IMO he always did a lot better when he was interviewing wrestlers backstage or when he hosted a show like Sunday Night Heat, which I don't think is even on now, but a smaller show like that would suit him better. Plus, I don't think he makes a good heel.
^ As an FYI for anyone who does not know, Cole is 100% a mouthpiece. His headset is connected to Vince, thus anything that Cole says is straight from Vince's mouth. So, when you listen to Cole and know it comes straight from Vince, it just proves that CM Punk was dead on when he said that Vince has lost all touch with what the public wants!
^ If that is the case then Vince has lost his head!

What is his reasoning for that? Cole has a few years of experience in the business and seemed to do okay before.

Also, once again, like the avatar. Brings back a lot of great memories.
I'd like to see King go back to being a heel. I miss the constant bickering between him and JR. Those two arguing was about as entertaining as the matches.
When Vince got rid of JR, Cole was the choice to be the #1 color guy. He proved that not only could he call a match, but he did a good job of taking feeds through his ear-set and be able to introduce Vince's words into the broadcast. It was soon apparent that the fans never liked Cole, so it was natural for the fans to turn Lawler into the face and Cole became the natural heel. So, it was the fans that dictated that Lawler would be the voice of the faces and Cole be the voice of the heels.

Don't expect the three man team to change. JR & Cole will still share Play by Play with JR calling the bigger matches. Cole will be used to continue to hype the social media advertising on WWE broadcasts. It's now sickening to listen to RAW and hear half of the broadcast pushing facebook, twitter, youtue, etc...