Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plaxico Burress signs with Jets
Forget about Braylon Edwards. Forget about Randy Moss. The New York Jets stayed local, signing former Giants Super Bowl star Plaxico Burress to a one-year contract, the team announced Sunday morning.

Burress' deal is worth $3.017 million, fully guaranteed, league sources told ESPN Insider Adam Schefter.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/...-year-deal
Edwards, Moss, or Burress??????

IMO: Right Move......
Crap!!!!!
Wow, I think this puts the Jets on top of the AFC East above the Pats.
MVP2 Wrote:Wow, I think this puts the Jets on top of the AFC East above the Pats.

REALLy?
I thought for sure we had him. Sad

HUGE pick-up for the Jets. Sanchez is drooling this morning after he heard this.
As a Jets fan I can't wait for this season. Hopefully we can finally get over that hump and get past the conference championship.
MVP2 Wrote:Wow, I think this puts the Jets on top of the AFC East above the Pats.

Hater...

What indication is it that a guy who has been in jail for two years will be an asset?
Stardust Wrote:What indication is it that a guy who has been in jail for two years will be an asset?

Michael Vick?

:Thumbs:
MisterPerfect Wrote:Michael Vick?

:Thumbs:

Oh, OK - so why were Nate Newton, Lawrence Phillips, Tank Johnson, Robert Rozier all busts when they came out of prison. Vick has tainted peoples views. Burris us 34 years old trying to come back. Vick was still in his 20's. Burris best days are long over.
Stardust Wrote:Oh, OK - so why were Nate Newton, Lawrence Phillips, Tank Johnson, Robert Rozier all busts when they came out of prison. Vick has tainted peoples views. Burris us 34 years old trying to come back. Vick was still in his 20's. Burris best days are long over.

Most definitely. His best days are wayyyy behind him. But I see him helping the Jets tremendously.
Good, I hope that the Jets are relying on him, because if he is expected to be remotely "good", then the Jets will be a complete non-factor in the AFC this year.
Great pick up for the Jets IMO!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I can't stand the Jets but Burress will contribute, no doubt.
I stand by my comment that Plaxico would do nothing for the Jets

STATS REC YDS AVG TD LONG
2011 Season 14 218 15.6 2 26
the three td's yesterday shows that getting plax was a good move.. other than keller, we have no other red zone receivers.. now we do.. go jets.
He came up big this past weekend.
Kudo's to Plaxico "shooter" Burress
Stardust Wrote:I stand by my comment that Plaxico would do nothing for the Jets

STATS REC YDS AVG TD LONG
2011 Season 14 218 15.6 2 26

You said it just a little too early.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Had 3 TD's in the win.
Shaking the dust off. Hes is a tremendous QB, Not like he has the best QB or anything./
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Shaking the dust off. Hes is a tremendous QB, Not like he has the best QB or anything./

What? lol
^That's what I was thinking...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Ya"ll better be careful. Plaxico will shoot you.