Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lttle League Dist#7, Who are them teams to look out for this year?
"MAGOFFIN_FAN_25" Wrote:Big surprise that everybody picks paintsville to win it, considering that every year the tournament is held in paintsville. Its no wonder they win all the time. No, Im not being childish either, but anyone with any brains knows what i mean. I have been to the last few tournaments that paintsville has hosted and almost every umpire is from paintsville. Seems a little suspicious to me, but maybe im the only one.
[I][B] Looking back at the past 2 yrs of tourney play at the PLL fields, I think the games were all called fairly. Whether the Umps were from Johnson County or not, what I witnessed, the calls were all good. The 9/10 yr olds have dominated the past 2 years. They had strong players, who knew how to play the game of baseball and didn't need any favoritism given to them from ANY Umpire to win their games.
I don't think that the games at Paintsville are called unfaily!! Heck a couple of years ago, Paintsville fielded what many believe to be the best Paintsville 11-12 year old team ever there, and they didn't win.
"OnTheMove" Wrote:I think you are the only one....I believe the locations of the tournaments are chosed based on facilities and the ability to provide the volunteers to pull it off. Perhaps that's why Paintsville hosts it year after year. And why is it when a league continually wins, people thinks it's because they cheat or something else....now that is chidish...From what I've seen, PLL has proven year after year that they can field the players to get it done.....when you have a have district and state champs year after year that surely says something about the players and coaches....not the umpires who threw the game for them!!:Nodding:

Well Said!!
"The Guru" Wrote:I don't think that the games at Paintsville are called unfaily!! Heck a couple of years ago, Paintsville fielded what many believe to be the best Paintsville 11-12 year old team ever there, and they didn't win.
Besides Last year, I have coached the Neon 11-12 year old team for the last 7 years, and that is the best Little League team that I have ever seen in this area. I think we were the only team that they didn't hit a homerun in a game the entire tourney. I thought the game was called pretty fairly but do believe that the location should rotate year in, year out because there are some really nice facilities. The head of Little League is from Paintsville, and I do believe that Paintsville does a fine job at hosting it, but that is a 2 hour drive for alot of teams and just thinks that it should be rotated.
"The Guru" Wrote:I don't think that the games at Paintsville are called unfaily!! Heck a couple of years ago, Paintsville fielded what many believe to be the best Paintsville 11-12 year old team ever there, and they didn't win.
I dont think that that was anywhere close to being one of the best Little League teams to come out of Paintsville. I think the one with Heath Castle, Matt Brown, Josh Banks and Isiah Ramey, the ones with Shane Simpkins and the ones with Josh LeMasters, Adam Blanton, Matt Hensley, the worm,and the Young twins were all much better. Probablt the teams with Grimmy, Pugh, Fyffe and Sublett was a better team too.
The decesion on the host location comes directly from the district administrator and knowing him and he reaches this decesion, I can tell you that Paintsville ll has been the chosen host for the past couple of years in the 11-12 div 13-14 div 15-16 div ,simply due to the feilds and the volunteer staff..... hosting a tournament is no easy task and IMO Paintsville LL does a great job...... and to reply to magoffin fan
in my recent experience your league president is one of the umpires to whoom you might be refering to.... Surely you would not wish to host the tournaments there... the last games our teams played at magoffin were called due to fighting between your umpires and your own fans.......
I have a 9 year old team at Russell that would love to come down and play a 9 year old team. Any way we can set this up??????
"Devilologist" Wrote:I have a 9 year old team at Russell that would love to come down and play a 9 year old team. Any way we can set this up??????
pm me and I will try to set you up with some games.
[quote author=Eagle Pride 90` link=topic=18967.msg177340#msg177340 date=1139637633]
Don't count out Phelps. They were a good team last year and return alot.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for the comment.  I PERSONALLY know how hard our kids work to get as far as they do.  IN case some of you don't remember, our (yep, I am a Phelps Little League fan) 11-12 year old team was 1 of the final four teams (others were Belfry, Paintsville, and Morgan Co.) in the tourney.  We had 4 different kids hit HR last year and 3 of those coming back (if voted in) BUT... a total of 8 outta 12 kids eligible for the team again this year. We are a very small community and do NOT have the amount of kids to choose from that others do.  Our kids have a lot of heart and determination and evidently, that is what it takes.  So, thank you once again for the compliment about Phelps LL.... They will be working hard and trying to get one of those 2 spots to the state tourney this year... OH.. it is gonna be held in Paintsville also... did you all know that???  (Kudo's to Mr. Lyons on a excellent job with the tourney!!!)
[quote author=phs86 link=topic=18967.msg211531#msg211531 date=1142390918]
[quote author=Eagle Pride 90` link=topic=18967.msg177340#msg177340 date=1139637633]
Don't count out Phelps. They were a good team last year and return alot.
[/quote]

Thank you so much for the comment. I PERSONALLY know how hard our kids work to get as far as they do. IN case some of you don't remember, our (yep, I am a Phelps Little League fan) 11-12 year old team was 1 of the final four teams (others were Belfry, Paintsville, and Morgan Co.) in the tourney. We had 4 different kids hit HR last year and 3 of those coming back (if voted in) BUT... a total of 8 outta 12 kids eligible for the team again this year. We are a very small community and do NOT have the amount of kids to choose from that others do. Our kids have a lot of heart and determination and evidently, that is what it takes. So, thank you once again for the compliment about Phelps LL.... They will be working hard and trying to get one of those 2 spots to the state tourney this year... OH.. it is gonna be held in Paintsville also... did you all know that??? (Kudo's to Mr. Lyons on a excellent job with the tourney!!!) I watched every game in the 11/12 yearold tournament at paintsville last year and I was glad to see you in it. I feel you had a big part in determining the winner. Without those big bats of phelps morganco. would not have had to use their #1 pitcher (cox). I still feel we were the better team but who knows what may have happened. I have moved on to cal ripken but I paid enough attention to know Paintsville, Phelps, and Belfry should be favorites this year. Good luck to all.
[/quote]
I have to agree with ya on the pitcher.  IF they had left him outta there and just used him in the 6th, we might could have held on.  As it was, we only got beat by 1 so ... that isn't all that bad.  Thanks for the positive comments though.  Our kids work really hard and it's good to see them appreciated!!
I think that the Belfry team also has 8 players returning and 3 new 12 years old that are in the league now. These 3 are better all around then the 4 they lost from last years team. Belfry will be on a mission this year in District 7. The word already Belfry is that they have around 200 boys and girls playing baseball and softball.
Well, we'll just have to see about their mission.. LOL.... I hope they have fun as this is what baseball is all about!!!  Being a dominating force at this age level is very rare.  Yep, there are gonna be good players who you know will make their mark BUT, if you take the fun out of it for them and pressure them to no end, they are NOT gonna succeed!  They have to enjoy what they are doing in order to prosper.  I hope the tournament is a HUGE success for all the teams and of course, I KNOW what Phelps has coming back (IF they get chosen for the team), they will have fun, love what they do, and above all...... PLAY BALL!!!! :thumpsup:
put the  brakes on just little sportsfreak,the season is just gettin going.8 of the 9 starters are back in the league including all of pitchers from last yr,s teambut they have not made allstars yet but should.as for the other 12yr olds time will tell .mite just some dandy 11,s fill those positions. as the motto at Belfry is get better every time u step on  a field and play as a team the winning will take care of it,s self.
[quote author=Fuzzy5118 link=topic=18967.msg185467#msg185467 date=1140206352]
LL encompasses ages 5-18. Which divisions are you talking about? Someone did, however, go ahead and begin a new thread about Junior League and Senior League. How bout we not discuss any other leagues besides LL in this thread?
[/quote]

Jr. and Senior League does fall under Little League... Maybe another way of putting it, is discussing only major and minor little league baseball and not the Jr. and Senior league in this topic area and discuss them in the other thread!!  It's all little league just different age levels!!!

[move]Little League Rules!!![/move]
LL as defined in the rule book is the 11/12 yr old division.
That may be the fact BUT.... when the charter fee has to be paid for the teams to be LEGAL to play, you include the cash for everything INCLUDING softball and Jr. and Senior league!!!  It's a broad area but hey... not an argument issue.... :lol:
No argument here.
LOL... Wasn't gonna argue on it anyway.. thanks for the info though..... I'll have to read up on the 2006 rule book!!!  :thx:
Season is about to start but you can get an early look at Belfry on opening day, April 15, 2006. The Little League Division will play a round robin for openers. Should prove to be a great day for baseball. But it's a long season before Tournament time. Good Luck to all are Little League teams.Cool
Blackknight Wrote:Season is about to start but you can get an early look at Belfry on opening day, April 15, 2006. The Little League Division will play a round robin for openers. Should prove to be a great day for baseball. But it's a long season before Tournament time. Good Luck to all are Little League teams.Cool

Phelps Little League is having their opening day on April 15th as well.... Good luck to all!!!

and OH, BTW.... I got told yesterday that 4 of Paintsville's starters from all-stars last year went to Cal-Ripkin!!! What's up with this???
phs1986 Wrote:Phelps Little League is having their opening day on April 15th as well.... Good luck to all!!!

and OH, BTW.... I got told yesterday that 4 of Paintsville's starters from all-stars last year went to Cal-Ripkin!!! What's up with this???
Five players were eligable to return off of P-ville's 11/12 yr old team from last year. Two stayed and three are playing in the new league. From what I can tell the two leagues pretty much split the talent level of returning players. Cal Ripken Had over 500 sign up league wide (540 the last I heard),so there should be quite a bit of undiscovered talent in this league that has not been playing. My kids are in the new league so I hope it does well. Last year there was 350 kids playing baseball in Johnson county. This year there will be 750! Now before everyone starts licking their chops and thinks PLL is down and out they will be one of the teams to beat as always. There are some hurt people in Johnson county over the new league going in but when you weigh it all in this will be good for our youth.
Thanks for the info.... I was just curious with all the comments on here about PLL and Cal Ripkin.... and other talk heard thru the grapevine!! Anyway, best of luck to all in which ever sanctioned area or league that they are!!! Talk spreads quickly but I am sure that Paintsville will have the same type of teams that they have had in the past. ALL teams that come to all-stars come prepared... these kids work hard WHERE EVER they are from and deserve some recognition.... Thanks again for the reply to my earlier post!!!
What does everybody think about Morgan County, Little, Junior, and Senior Leagues?

I live in Morgan Co. but I thought about trying to play in the Cal Ripken League in Paintsville because MC dont offer anything for the 17 and 18 year olds besides HS.
Morgan Co. is actually the team who beat us out last year by 1 run!!! I would weigh out my options and do what you feel is right. IF you love playing that much, find ya somewhere to play.... Big Grin
How did tryouts go over the weekend At PLL? How many tried out?