Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards likely would skip NIT to heal their wounds
Story from: http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs...002/SPORTS

Quote:
Cards likely would skip NIT to heal their wounds

The University of Louisville men's basketball team probably won't play in the National Invitation Tournament if it doesn't make the NCAA Tournament, coach Rick Pitino said last night on his WHAS radio show.

"I don't think we'd go to the NIT, and it's not because we think we're better than that," he said. "We're certainly not. I just think we're going to have some players worked on physically. I don't want to go into detail, but we've got some bodies that are going to have to have recuperative time and some others are going to have to see some doctors.

"We would not go to the NIT. We can't play at home -- there are no Freedom Hall dates anyway. Right now we're not thinking of NCAA or the NIT, we're trying to get to New York (for the Big East Conference Tournament)."

Juan Palacios is the team's biggest medical concern. The sophomore forward suffered severe ligament damage in his right ankle last summer and has played hurt all season, though Pitino said he actually registered his first dunk of the season in practice yesterday.

Pitino also is being cautious with sophomore center David Padgett, who sprained a ligament in his left knee during a preseason scrimmage. Pitino said he's now sitting out of 80 percent of practices.

"We've got to hope we can maintain David, even if it means not playing him except game day," the coach said.

-- Eric Crawford
Make excuses Rick
thats bush league Ricky P. 100% bush.
He has so much class yet everyone wants him back.
"CatDawg" Wrote:He has so much class yet everyone wants him back.

UK made Pitino.. I hope he ruins the UL program and has to resort coaching for Morehead st.
excuses...excuses