Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Hazard (scrimmage) 8/19
what does everybody think of this matchup?
Should be a good scrimmage game... I like this hard test for my Bulldogs right before kicking off the season.
I expect Hazard to probably outscore Belfry in this format. As a Pirate fan it is all about how the offense executes, what kind of surge they produce, and how the backs run after contact. Defensively Belfry will probably sit in their base defense and work on fundamentals.What to look for defensively is how well everyone tackles, how the DB's react to passs and if the Front 7 can restrict the rushing game out of the spread.
Dawgs start the road back to Bowling Green Smile
Dungy Wrote:Dawgs start the road back to Bowling Green Smile

and the Pirates do the exact same!
From the sounds of the early feedback, Hazard has a very good team! I tend to agree with EKU's feedback that Belfry will likely "lose" this scrimmage on the scoreboard. That said, I do like the looks of Belfry's secondary from last Friday's scrimmage.

I love having Dixon and Robinson playing safety. Both of those kids look like real good athletes ready to make plays back there. Warren is super stong at CB too, and I saw some good stuff out of the Junior Thacker.

IMO, this is two solid East Moutain teams who have a shot to make it to Bowling Green. Hope everyone comes out healthy.
It will be a good test for both.. I would like to attend this one but im going to be at the Perry Central and Prestonsburg this Friday unless something happens. Good luck to both teams and hopefull come away injury free.
Heard this game has been cancelled
How times has hazard scrimaged.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Heard this game has been cancelled

why?
what kind of format are they playing in this one
I believe Belfry will be more physical in this game.
28-14 Belfry
I heard just in the last hour that it had been cancelled but they did not say why. They just said Hazard cancelled. Can anyone verify this??
Belfry looked pretty good in last week's scrimmage at Boyd County, hope it keeps up against a very good Hazard team.
bucslover68 Wrote:I heard just in the last hour that it had been cancelled but they did not say why. They just said Hazard cancelled. Can anyone verify this??

Wow, hope that is just a false rumor. Surely that information would be all over the place if true. Anyone hear anything about it this morning?
Why would Hazard cancel?
The scrimmage scheduled for this Friday at Daniel Field has not been cancelled. This will be a good test for both teams. Both teams have a very good defense, and despite what most people think Hazard is very physical.
Any new information here????

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?
Scrimmage is on. I would assume around 630 -7 start. Probably closer to 7. Should be a real good matchup.
Coach Dixon said it would start at 6:30 but I guess it could be a little later.
This should be a good match-up for both teams. Hazard will have 3 maybe 4 starters out with injuries during this scrimmage so that could possibly sway the outcome a little.
who all is down for hazard?
how did it go, i got one report where Belfry scored and that was it..
Let me say a couple of things. I hate scrimmages!!! I hate 10 plays here and 10 plays there and no hitting the QB. Anyway...this was maybe the most boring scrimmage I have ever seen...Belfry and Hazard both have some injuries and with that being said...Belfry has to have better O line blocking....It just was not there tonight...Hazard is not near as athletic as in the past. Props to the Belfry D...They played better and really stymied Hazard's running attack...Hazard completed some nice passes but their first-string O really never threatened to score...They did get two JV scores. First series Hazard no threat...First series Belfry has run shut down and then completes a long pass to Robinson...They end up getting it to the Hazard 13 or so and their plays run out...Second series...Hazard no threat...Belfry runs a little bit better and has long TD pass from Warren to Johson...After this they started keeping down and distance and neither team really threatened until Hazard score versus only one probable/possible Belfry starter...Highlights for the Pirates...Hard hitting Gary Runyon, Payton Mullins, and Josh Dixon...Passing game was solid for the most part...Low lights...Poor run blocking and a couple of fumbles....Two big quetions...1) Will someone develop into a break away threat?...Belfry does not necessarily need this because they historically can pound it, but I asked the question anyway, and 2) Can the O line and the D line develop into consistent units??? Grade on this scrimmage C for both teams...Entertainment value D-...Get ready to lace it up for real guys come Friday nite!!!
^^^^^

HAHA... the funny thing is...I bet this was Haywood's dream. Don't show anything, see what needs to be worked on, have something to light a fire under guys' butts, and temper expectations.

Who is banged up for Belfry right now and will they be available for the PCB?
Michael Barnes is the most noteable one absent right now...Soph O and D llineman 6 foot and prolly 280-290...Starting D if they would have played Harrison County tonight...Secondary is solid...Dixon and Robinson at safeties and Zach Thacker (very impressive) and Sani at CB...Ghormley and Mullins at LB...Runyon and Messer at DE...Joey Duty, Tuffy Willis, and Aldana on the line. I think Aldana was starting but I may be mistaken, but pound for pound and inch for inch the hardest working Pirate...O line had Keegan Fields at Center, left side John Duty and Josh Nelson, right side Zach Taylor and the Derrick Jude...Messer at tight end...receivers rotate at wide out, Howie Dotson and Cameron Johnson (both very impressive at times) and Tyler at QB with Robinson and Johnson at HB and Willis at FB.
the game was defense both teams showed some of that the only score i saw on varsity was touchdown pass from sani warren to justin johnson . i give the game a c o line needs work.
Not what I hoped to see as far as format, but still good to see some football. Can't wait for the Dawgs to tee it up for real next Friday.
Zach Blanton and Brandon Jones didn't play for Hazard.... Zach Blanton starting QB, LB, and plays RB.... Brandon Jones starting RB
Some pictures of the Hazard-Belfry scrimmage here....

http://sports.webshots.com/album/580751295OpWsbH