3.Johnson Central
4.Belfry
5.Hazard
6.Somerset
7.Prestonsburg
8.Breathitt
9.Corbin
10.Pike Co. Central
Looks like I was right on the first three.
My top 10

1. Harlan Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Hazard
6. Knox Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Somerset
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Perry Central
MVP2 Wrote:1.Bell Co.
2.Harlan Co
3.Johnson Central
4.Belfry
5.Hazard
6.Somerset
7.Prestonsburg
8.Breathitt
9.Corbin
10.Pike Co. Central

CORBIN vs PIKE CENTRAL

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::please:
Mountain Wrote:My top 10

1. Harlan Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Hazard
6. Knox Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Somerset
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Perry Central

I agree this looks good to me :Thumbs:
Mountain Wrote:My top 10

1. Harlan Co.
2. Bell Co.
3. Johnson Central
4. Belfry
5. Hazard
6. Knox Central
7. Prestonsburg
8. Somerset
9. Breathitt Co.
10. Perry Central

I'll tell you what IF your Harlan team beats Bell then you would be right with your choice, but by my memory they are 0-2 against Bell and it wasn't even close so you can't be the BEST until you beat the BEST!!! A combined score of 76-7 says you ain't there yet! :BigLaugh:
Knox central and sheldon clark should be in there some where. you could even throw Perry central in there. 1-3 looks good there rest needs alot of work.
Top 4 look good. Put Knox and Sheldon Clark in 5 and 6, respectively. Put Perry in at 8.
Looks pretty good.
Zaga, you guys were fairly close with your top five, then it looked like you just started making crap up Smile

2.Harlan Co
3.Johnson Central
4.Belfry
5.Hazard
6.Somerset
7.Prestonsburg
8.Breathitt
9.Corbin
10.Pike Co. Central

Mountain Examiner Top 10

1. Bell County - The perennial powerhouse Bobcats start out the season on the top again. This year they will be without Dudley Hilton at the helm as he moved on to coach college ball UPike. Expect a big season from Senior Running Back Cory Davenport.

2. Harlan County - To say that Harlan County has overachieved in their short time as a school would be an understatement. With Highlands out of the picture in 5A, the Black Bears could be looking at a run for the State Title if they play like they did last season.

3. Johnson Central - Johnson Central was as strong as anyone in the mountains last year but unfortunately they met the Highlands Blue Birds in the playoffs and suffered the same fate as Harlan County. The Golden Eagles will be a force to be reckoned with.

4. Hazard - The Bulldogs will be gearing up for yet another 1A Title run. Their worst finish in the last three years was a loss in the semifinals to Lexington Christian. Could this be the year they break through?

5. Belfry - Belfry will be pounding the ball this year with senior running back Trey Willis. They graduated some talented seniors but still have a great pool of talent to work with. Expect coach Haywood to plug the holes and compete at a high level like the Pirates do every year.

6. Knox Central - Knox lost their highly respected coach Wayne Mills last year when he was offered the Bell County job. They return several key players and really look to make some noise in their District.

7. Sheldon Clark – Sheldon Clark returns the majority of their tackles and yards this season. The mountains are stacked in Class 3A this year and the Cardinals will be pushing Belfry and Bell County for the top spot.

8. Prestonsburg - The Blackcats return a huge portion of their successful team from last year and will be lining up on offense with one of the premier athletes in the mountains in Joseph Jamerson.

9. Whitley County - Whitley County has been a steady force in 5A-District 8 over the last few years and it would be wise for other teams to respect their physical play. Can they pull the upset over the Black Bears and take the District?

10. Breathitt County - Breathitt County has started slow the last couple of seasons but ended up making a run for the regional title every year. The Bobcats ended last year with a heartbreaking three point loss to Somerset. Coach Holcomb will have his boys ready to go this season to try and get back to Bowling Green

Continue reading on Examiner.com Mountain Examiner Top 10 - Lexington Eastern Kentucky Sports | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/eastern-kentucky...z1VLLgSiqp
I posted this in the other Mountain Top Ten thread but, I though a Mod would have merged the two threads by now.

Here is the "Next Teams In" list from Sports Overtime.

Knox Central
Perry Co. Central
Lawrence Co.
Whitley Co.
Sheldon Clark
Southwestern
Pulaski Co.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
:yikes: They were apparently doing several bong hits while putting this together and forgot K...N...O...X Central.

Confusedmoke:
Stardust Wrote:Zaga, you guys were fairly close with your top five, then it looked like you just started making crap up Smile

Mountain Examiner Top 10

1. Bell County - The perennial powerhouse Bobcats start out the season on the top again. This year they will be without Dudley Hilton at the helm as he moved on to coach college ball UPike. Expect a big season from Senior Running Back Cory Davenport.

2. Harlan County - To say that Harlan County has overachieved in their short time as a school would be an understatement. With Highlands out of the picture in 5A, the Black Bears could be looking at a run for the State Title if they play like they did last season.

3. Johnson Central - Johnson Central was as strong as anyone in the mountains last year but unfortunately they met the Highlands Blue Birds in the playoffs and suffered the same fate as Harlan County. The Golden Eagles will be a force to be reckoned with.

4. Hazard - The Bulldogs will be gearing up for yet another 1A Title run. Their worst finish in the last three years was a loss in the semifinals to Lexington Christian. Could this be the year they break through?

5. Belfry - Belfry will be pounding the ball this year with senior running back Trey Willis. They graduated some talented seniors but still have a great pool of talent to work with. Expect coach Haywood to plug the holes and compete at a high level like the Pirates do every year.

6. Knox Central - Knox lost their highly respected coach Wayne Mills last year when he was offered the Bell County job. They return several key players and really look to make some noise in their District.

7. Sheldon Clark – Sheldon Clark returns the majority of their tackles and yards this season. The mountains are stacked in Class 3A this year and the Cardinals will be pushing Belfry and Bell County for the top spot.

8. Prestonsburg - The Blackcats return a huge portion of their successful team from last year and will be lining up on offense with one of the premier athletes in the mountains in Joseph Jamerson.

9. Whitley County - Whitley County has been a steady force in 5A-District 8 over the last few years and it would be wise for other teams to respect their physical play. Can they pull the upset over the Black Bears and take the District?

10. Breathitt County - Breathitt County has started slow the last couple of seasons but ended up making a run for the regional title every year. The Bobcats ended last year with a heartbreaking three point loss to Somerset. Coach Holcomb will have his boys ready to go this season to try and get back to Bowling Green

Continue reading on Examiner.com Mountain Examiner Top 10 - Lexington Eastern Kentucky Sports | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/eastern-kentucky...z1VLLgSiqp

I totally understand Somerset being in the top 10.
They aren't in my coverage area or I would have had them in there right after Belfry.

However....
I don't see how Sheldon Clark and Knox Central didn't make it in.
Pike Central and Corbin are good teams and they were in the mix for the examiner top 10 as well.
They were just below Breathitt on my list as well but they didn't crack the top 10 because of SC and KC.
zaga_fan Wrote:I totally understand Somerset being in the top 10.
They aren't in my coverage area or I would have had them in there right after Belfry.

However....
I don't see how Sheldon Clark and Knox Central didn't make it in.
Pike Central and Corbin are good teams and they were in the mix for the examiner top 10 as well.
They were just below Breathitt on my list as well but they didn't crack the top 10 because of SC and KC.

Knox could beat Corbin by Fif.. umun Thirty.
2.Harlan Co
3.Johnson Central
4.Belfry
5.Hazard
6.Somerset
7.Prestonsburg
8.Breathitt
9.Corbin
10.Pike Co. Central

WOW:yikes:

I just dont see it.
Where in the heck is Knox at. They would absolotly destroy the teams ranked 6-10.
I understand Somerset, Pburg and Breathitt being in there kinda...But where Sheldon Clark??? They will be better than all 3 of those IMO especially with the eligibility of Smith.
Definitely gotta get Corbin and there past "history",(if you wanna call it that) and there weak schedule out of there. They wont win there 747th straight district title because instead of playing with Wayne, Leslie, and Knott Co. every year, Bell will be there to stomp on them, and this year its going to be bad....I swear its like Corbin is Ohio State in college, there ranked in the top ten every year but when it comes time to play the good teams, they get stomped.
Pike Co. Central couldnt beat any of the teams i mentioned.
Atleast replace 9 and 10 with knox and sheldon clark.
2.Harlan Co
3.Johnson Central
4.Belfry
5.Hazard
6.Somerset
7.Prestonsburg
8.Breathitt
9.Corbin
10.Pike Co. Central

Looks good 1-4 but after that I have no idea. Im still one of those deeper holler boys who say Somerset should not be in the Mt top Ten, but again Im OK with it.

This is really hard but just IMHO i think Knox will be around 5-7 somewhere, and call me crazy ( OK ur crazy lol ) I think maybe LCC will play their way into it somewhere in a few weeks. Harlan City may end up in there also. But again who knows. I think they made a mistake by not having Knox in there!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:WOW:yikes:

I just dont see it.
Where in the heck is Knox at. They would absolotly destroy the teams ranked 6-10.
I understand Somerset, Pburg and Breathitt being in there kinda...But where Sheldon Clark??? They will be better than all 3 of those IMO especially with the eligibility of Smith.
Definitely gotta get Corbin and there past "history",(if you wanna call it that) and there weak schedule out of there. They wont win there 747th straight district title because instead of playing with Wayne, Leslie, and Knott Co. every year, Bell will be there to stomp on them, and this year its going to be bad....I swear its like Corbin is Ohio State in college, there ranked in the top ten every year but when it comes time to play the good teams, they get stomped.

AMEN :Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:WOW:yikes:

I just dont see it.

You OBVIOUSLY don't know ANYTHING about Pike Central. They return ALL of their OFFENSE & 80% of their DEFENSE. What LINE they had to replace are BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER. That's OK though. They are used to being OVERLOOKED and thrive on it. :lmao:
Sheldon Clark almost graduated half their team from last season. Even with the addition of Smith & Norman, they'll have a lot to prove and everyone will find out just how good they are over the next couple of weeks when they face Rockcastle & Prestonsburg.

Knox Central has a very good argument for not being selected to be in the Mountain Top 10. The loss of the their coach last season to Bell County has to be the only logical explanation to them not being in this poll.
FBfan4 Wrote:You OBVIOUSLY don't know ANYTHING about Pike Central. They return ALL of their OFFENSE & 80% of their DEFENSE. What LINE they had to replace are BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER. That's OK though. They are used to being OVERLOOKED and thrive on it. :lmao:

It's obvious you don't know anything but haters are going to hate. It's not like we are returning the 3A Player of The Year or anything though.
Lets see I thought Pike Central Beat Sheldon Clark last year. And they beat another top 10 also which we want say no names. PCC has one of the best QB in the state. Dont take my word for it look at the stats. Everybody is talking about the off and def line. And the truth about them is every single one of them got alot of playing time last year. We lost C Smith, C Hollon, B Lowe, C Coleman. Players we have back M Maynard, Ramey , J Runyon, N Coleman ,K Cline . We are bigger stronger faster. So the line will be just fine. As for the two new players Sheldon got we shut them down last year. I seen some where in one of the pre-season threads where Sheldon has beat Belfry 2 out of the last 3. I believe Pike Central has beat Sheldon 2 out of the last 3.
I think, not real sure, but the 2 times you beat Sheldon Clark they were minus a majority of starters. Year before last was when Belfry and Sheldon Clark disgracefully fought and players got suspended for your game. Im not sure the reason last yr but they had a lot of key players were out. Lets see what happens on the field this yr.
Pike Central really?? Is Boggs even playing this season?

No, Knox Central are you kidding WYMT?
Tailback44 Wrote:Pike Central really?? Is Boggs even playing this season?

No, Knox Central are you kidding WYMT?

Yes Boggs is playing . :Thumbs:
cardsfan98 Wrote:I think, not real sure, but the 2 times you beat Sheldon Clark they were minus a majority of starters. Year before last was when Belfry and Sheldon Clark disgracefully fought and players got suspended for your game. Im not sure the reason last yr but they had a lot of key players were out. Lets see what happens on the field this yr.

They was there last year. Before that I dont know.
William Boggs Wrote:Yes Boggs is playing . :Thumbs:

Good news for the Hawks and their fans.How about the Shouse kid?
FBfan4 Wrote:You OBVIOUSLY don't know ANYTHING about Pike Central. They return ALL of their OFFENSE & 80% of their DEFENSE. What LINE they had to replace are BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER. That's OK though. They are used to being OVERLOOKED and thrive on it. :lmao:

Your right i know nothing almighty one.:worthy:

But tell me this who in the hell out of the teams i mentioned would pike central beat.
Dang, i thought pike central wasnt even gonna be eligible this year after all the stuff thats surrounded there team last year. And they were suppose to be unreal last year and all i remember was a FIRST round playoff loss.
Give me a break...:zzz:
[quote=RunItUpTheGut]Your right i know nothing almighty one.:worthy:

I'll agree with you on that ONE!:Clap:
But tell me this who in the hell out of the teams i mentioned would pike central beat.
I'm pretty sure they beat Prestonsburg @ Prestonsburg on Senior Night who had beaten both Sheldon Clark & Belfry earlier in the season; they beat Sheldon Clark & yes Sheldon Clark had their Whole Team while Pike Central was without Shouse; and everyone knows what it's like to play at the Cam and they while they lost that game, the atmosphere was unreal that night and Belfry deserved to go to State and Pike Central's boys would be the 1st to tell you that. Belfry was by far the best team Pike Central played last year.

Jealous or what? That was totally uncalled for! As I mentioned before, these boys are used to being overlooked but getting on here & cussing at them and bashing them is UNNECESSARY. Especially bringing up childish immature crap that happened last year. :please:
^ah boys...