Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheerleading showdown between ER @ SV
I for one was at all Valleys games (having a daughter on the squad) and I know what the Valley cheerleaders can do. And no the above named cheerleader (Sara) doesn't, hasn't and i will say never show any of the rudness that you are saying that she did. She isn't that type of person and if you knew her you would agree. A cheerleader is suppost to cheer the team on and encourage the fans to join in on the cheering. SPIRIT is the name of the game and Valleys cheerleaders have that. Other squads should watch and learn. And learn alot from Valleys squad they could. They would learn spirit, courage, and above all how to be a good cheerleader and how to act like a lady doing it.
"SV Wildcats" Wrote:I for one was at all Valleys games (having a daughter on the squad) and I know what the Valley cheerleaders can do. And no the above named cheerleader (Sara) doesn't, hasn't and i will say never show any of the rudness that you are saying that she did. She isn't that type of person and if you knew her you would agree. A cheerleader is suppost to cheer the team on and encourage the fans to join in on the cheering. SPIRIT is the name of the game and Valleys cheerleaders have that. Other squads should watch and learn. And learn alot from Valleys squad they could. They would learn spirit, courage, and above all how to be a good cheerleader and how to act like a lady doing it.
:lol:
Hands down the FUNNIEST post I've ever read!!
Learn how to be a good cheerleader and how to act like a lady doing it!! You've got to be kidding!! Like I said earlier, she is cool off the floor....nice, funny and cute! BUT on the floor she is rude!!
I never said that Valley wasn't a good squad...NEVER did I say that...there is a lot of talent there. They've came along way - especially this year! BUT as you said, a cheerleader is suppose to encourage the fans to join in....you can't encourage your fans if your facing the opposite way and taunting the opposing fans!! And if you have been to all of Valley's games, then you was at ER when she did this!!

I'm done here~she is rude as hell on the gym floor and everyone that has watched her cheer knows it!! Unfortunately it makes ALL of Valley cheerleaders look like bad sports. BUT that is fine with us from ER~we know how 'they' are and have come to expect it from them.
[/QUOTE]You obviously wasn't at this game...or didn't see this incident. I WATCHED 'the above mentioned girl' finish tumbling, stop, stand and move back and forth, SO Abby would tumble into her-SHE NEVER TOOK HER EYES OFF ABBY! I can assure you that if anyone (not saying that someone on ER's squad wouldn't do it...cuz I dunno) but if anyone was going to do this on purpose, it WOULD NOT have been Abby Runyon!! The look on her face, was an "OMG" look!! This whole thing between the squads actually started last year....ER's tumbling is just stronger this year, our girls are more confident, and frankly their tired of it!
Let me finish by saying that 'the above mentioned girl' IS NOT a 'mean girl'--actually just opposite, I've met her, and off the gym floor she is pretty cool. I agree that she was showing spirit and pride....but there is a line that can be crossed...and she has been crossing it for a long time! I remember her cheering in Jr high, and she has always tumbled down until she was right on top of the visiting cheerleaders. [QUOTE]

No... sure I wasn't at any of the Valley/ER games last year, I just was cheering on the floor the entire time. And if you think that "the above mentioned girl" was the only one tumbling all the way down the floor last year you apparently weren't paying attention, because I assure you that ER cheerleaders, the very few that could anyway, done the same. Thats fine though, say whatever you want to pretend ER cheerleaders were perfect angels, yet I remember tumbling last year and having the words "B*tch", and "Slut*, yelled at not just me, but all of Valley Cheerleaders, while they also would tumble all the way down to our side and yell rude comments to us. The simple fact is Shelby Valley's cheerleaders made East Ridge's look pretty bad. Not that ER cheerleaders can't tumble... Lakan done her full several times that night which takes a lot of talent, but over all, East Ridge cheerleaders can be by far the rudest ones in th 15th. And I'm not saying that as a fan that just sits in the crowd watching and thinking I know everything going on. I'm saying that from personal experience.

And so what if Sara done that last year, ER cheerleaders done the same. But I don't think 15 years from now I'll be thinking, "I think its horrible how rude ER cheerleaders were. I would never be friends with anyone of those girls." I'll be thinking, "I used to love it when we would play ER. That was some of the funnest times in high school."
"True Blue" Wrote:No... sure I wasn't at any of the Valley/ER games last year, I just was cheering on the floor the entire time. And if you think that "the above mentioned girl" was the only one tumbling all the way down the floor last year you apparently weren't paying attention, because I assure you that ER cheerleaders, the very few that could anyway, done the same. Thats fine though, say whatever you want to pretend ER cheerleaders were perfect angels, yet I remember tumbling last year and having the words "B*tch", and "Slut*, yelled at not just me, but all of Valley Cheerleaders, while they also would tumble all the way down to our side and yell rude comments to us. The simple fact is Shelby Valley's cheerleaders made East Ridge's look pretty bad. Not that ER cheerleaders can't tumble... Lakan done her full several times that night which takes a lot of talent, but over all, East Ridge cheerleaders can be by far the rudest ones in th 15th. And I'm not saying that as a fan that just sits in the crowd watching and thinking I know everything going on. I'm saying that from personal experience.

And so what if Sara done that last year, ER cheerleaders done the same. But I don't think 15 years from now I'll be thinking, "I think its horrible how rude ER cheerleaders were. I would never be friends with anyone of those girls." I'll be thinking, "I used to love it when we would play ER. That was some of the funnest times in high school."
I know I said I was done, but I have to say :thumb: ! I completely agree-with most of your post! ER Cheerleaders are NOT angels! I can completely see some of them doing what you said...probably not Abby Runyon but probably 75% of the rest of the squad!!! I don't really see them being the rudest squad in the 15th....but when ER vs Valley they all (both squads) leave their 'manners' in the locker room. Both squads are competitive and very talented. ER didn't look as good as Valley that night--their coach wasn't going to let them cheer until the day of the game, then there was 4 girls (which is 25% of the squad) that wasn't there. I said in my very first post here that Valley did awesome that night!! ESPECIALLY considering they cheered 2 games!! Their floor cheers was difficult, and except for a couple of falls (I'm sure was because of exhaustion and not lack of talent) they was GREAT!! I have NEVER taken anything away from Valleys Cheerleaders!! Although I don't think that ER was made to look pretty bad like you said, I agree that you (since you was actually out there) was better than ER that night!
Last but not least....you said 'if Sara did that'....I kinda have the feeling that you know she did Confusedhh: BUT regardless....it was LAST year.
And your right 15 years from now...you'll run into someone, maybe that you work with....and in casual conversation you'll hear her say "I cheered for East Ridge" and you'll laugh and say "MAN we hated you guys....but wasn't it fun!!"

BTW~Good luck at KAPOS!:Cheerlead
Listen here I am a Shelby Valley cheerleader and If there was any unlike sportsmanship than it was East Ridge.. Specially that boy and the rest of the people who tumbled, when they try to tumble into us. Don't look like we are trying to hurt you all and Sara Ratliff was just showing some spirit because at least she has some. If she wouldn't of screamed that girl who have screamed in her face neways. I still say ER did good but they need to learn how to tumble and look where they are going. In cheerleading it isn't just all about tumbling into ppl like ER did. They are just trying to hurt someone. Some of Valley's cheerleaders don't even tumble against ER because they are so dangerous. I no we are better but u dont have to hurt us because we are and because you are jealous doesn't mean ne thing. :wenumber1 . You know Valley's #1 so just get over it. We might of dropped some stunts that night but, it happens to the best pppl to.. ER didn't cheer 2 games in that row but Valley did, It takes alot of strength and ability to be able to do everything 2 times in a row. Well just to wrap up my saying. Valley is the best and everyone will like it.. You all no we are. so just get over it. We dont have bad sportsmanship.

SVHS Cheerleader 05-06

Valley Rules
Since this is so heated I have to voice my opinion as well. Yes, they may make people mad but I have to get this off my chest now that I had this entire thread.

Shelby Valley has rude cheerleaders. They are stuck up and thinking that you are better than me for any reason really pisses me off. Sara is the worst out of all of them for tumbling the length of the court and getting in East Ridge cheerleaders' faces and yelling stuff. It wasn't only this game nor was it only this year. I've seen it numerous times. I know that if I was a cheerleader and it happened to me, I wouldn't stand there and have the class to take it. Somebody would be in a 2 hit fight, I hit them and they hit the floor. VERY disrespectful cheerleader, I will go so far as saying without a shadow of a doubt that she is the single most disrespectful cheerleader that I have ever seen.

East Ridge cheerleaders have never and will never purposely tumble into people. They could get hurt and hurt someone in the process. I know every single one of them personally and I know every coach that they have ever had. Not happening. Jordan didn't purposely hit a SV girl nor did Abby. Accidents like this happen when 2 cheerleaders from opposite ends of the floor start out not seeing each other and they collide. It happens.

Was East Ridge outcheered? Personally I honestly do not think so. It looked pretty even out there even without a good part of the squad. East Ridge was not prepared to cheer that game. Up until like 3 hours before the game they wasn't even supposed to go. Alot of them had stuff going on and because of the principal and administration, they were forced to go. Simple as that. Some of them missed school that day in order not to have to go that night.

I'm not saying that ER's squad are angels by any means but getting on here and venting about it isn't going to change anything on either side. I really wish that it wouldn't get to the point of me wanting to come out of the stands to go on the floor on some Valley cheerleaders and hey, maybe some Wildcats fans feel the same way. BOTH squads should have respect and represent their schools properly, not do shit just to make themselves look all macho and make the fans happy.

Get online and brag that you are #1. Makes no difference. Neither squad should be on here running their mouths on the other, take it to the floor. Leave it on the floor when you are done. It shouldn't be drove into the ground. I'm not a big fan of cheerleaders or hell, even ER this season but reading this thread made me mad. It has alot of lies in it. Say whatever makes you feel better about yourself, I'm sure you all strive for personal complexes and feeling good about yourself so do your thing just know that it means and solves NOTHING.
Quote:Somebody would be in a 2 hit fight, I hit them and they hit the floor.
-That's pretty funny... are you in like 2nd grade or something?
Quote:East Ridge cheerleaders have never and will never purposely tumble into people.
-Apparently you were at the bathroom during this moment, so I won't say anything about that.
Quote:Some of them missed school that day in order not to have to go that night.

-Wow. They have a lot of spirit and pride in cheerleading. I couldn't wait till the games we played ER. They were by far the funnest. Obviously, these girls aren't in cheerleading for the right reasons.
Quote:I really wish that it wouldn't get to the point of me wanting to come out of the stands to go on the floor on some Valley cheerleaders
-I wish you would. So then I would know who the person is that leaves totally ridiculous posts.
Quote:but reading this thread made me mad. It has alot of lies in it.
-I agree, but its all in good rivalry I suppose... so no matter what the other team says on here, its still going to strike a nerve.

Quote:I no we are better but u dont have to hurt us because we are and because you are jealous doesn't mean ne thing.

-That didn't need to be said. That's a tad bit snotty.

Quote:Valley is the best and everyone will like it.. You all no we are. so just get over it. We dont have bad sportsmanship.
-I'm sorry to say it, but that right there is bad sportsmanship.

Anyways, this is my last post. Valley has a lot of talent, and so does ER. I will rant and rave on here just because I have so much pride in my school. And ER will do the same for the same reason. There's nothing wrong in that. But saying some ridiculous stuff like some of the quotes I have on here is just that... ridiculous. And both show bad sportsmanship... which isn't that what you two were trying to say was not happening?
Sv never out does ER cheerleaders go crawl in a hole..
Good way to back up the school
"ridgewarrior" Wrote::lol:
Hands down the FUNNIEST post I've ever read!!
Learn how to be a good cheerleader and how to act like a lady doing it!! You've got to be kidding!! Like I said earlier, she is cool off the floor....nice, funny and cute! BUT on the floor she is rude!!
I never said that Valley wasn't a good squad...NEVER did I say that...there is a lot of talent there. They've came along way - especially this year! BUT as you said, a cheerleader is suppose to encourage the fans to join in....you can't encourage your fans if your facing the opposite way and taunting the opposing fans!! And if you have been to all of Valley's games, then you was at ER when she did this!!

I'm done here~she is rude as hell on the gym floor and everyone that has watched her cheer knows it!! Unfortunately it makes ALL of Valley cheerleaders look like bad sports. BUT that is fine with us from ER~we know how 'they' are and have come to expect it from them.

Lol i for one think she is rude as hell to.. but thats just me she always has been, and also i think its quite nice ur a cheerleading mommy might learn something and teach ur kids some respect for others, but i dont think it will but i guess its just not all about having spirit is it? Takes more to be a rah rah girl
"True Blue" Wrote:-I wish you would. So then I would know who the person is that leaves totally ridiculous posts.

I really wish that you did know who I am because I assure you that those who do would, for your sake, wish that you never found out.
"thetribe" Wrote:I really wish that you did know who I am because I assure you that those who do would, for your sake, wish that you never found out.
:beg:
"SV Wildcats" Wrote::beg:

How did you know what they all said?
I was gonna try to stay out of this...but I have to say something.
"SV Cheerleader" Wrote:We might of dropped some stunts that night but, it happens to the best pppl to.. ER didn't cheer 2 games in that row but Valley did, It takes alot of strength and ability to be able to do everything 2 times in a row.

Did you not ridgewarrior's post??? I would suggest reading them before replying to them....it just makes you look bad
"ridgewarrior" Wrote:Valley did awesome that night!! ESPECIALLY considering they cheered 2 games!! Their floor cheers was difficult, and except for a couple of falls (I'm sure was because of exhaustion and not lack of talent) they was GREAT!! I have NEVER taken anything away from Valleys Cheerleaders!! Although I don't think that ER was made to look pretty bad like you said, I agree that you (since you was actually out there) was better than ER that night!
Some people speak before they think.
Well I was at the ballgame.. and i went to neither of the schools ... this was a heated rivaly/// That Sara Ratliff must be pretty popular here in the mountains cuz everyone knows her... regaurdless like i have said b4 i cheered at greenup and i know my cheerleading.... valley has solid motions,,, and loud voices.. good tumbling i saw 4 girls with alternates and 5 other girls with one on ones.. thats pretty cool... Awesome crowd.. East Ridge ... I still dont fully understand why so many cheerleaders didnt cheer?,, but good floor cheer... and that looney girl did her full... and i saw some series.. .. as far as unsportmanlike goes in greenup.. the refs would not allow it.. where were they at?
"The Regulator" Wrote:Well I was at the ballgame.. and i went to neither of the schools ... this was a heated rivaly/// That Sara Ratliff must be pretty popular here in the mountains cuz everyone knows her... regaurdless like i have said b4 i cheered at greenup and i know my cheerleading.... valley has solid motions,,, and loud voices.. good tumbling i saw 4 girls with alternates and 5 other girls with one on ones.. thats pretty cool... Awesome crowd.. East Ridge ... I still dont fully understand why so many cheerleaders didnt cheer?,, but good floor cheer... and that looney girl did her full... and i saw some series.. .. as far as unsportmanlike goes in greenup.. the refs would not allow it.. where were they at?
They were trying to stay out of the way.
"ridgewarrior" Wrote:They were trying to stay out of the way.

Lmao, ain't that the truth. The refs have never and will not stop cheerleaders from doing anything, they probably don't even know that they have the authority to do so.
"The Regulator" Wrote:Well I was at the ballgame.. and i went to neither of the schools ... this was a heated rivaly/// That Sara Ratliff must be pretty popular here in the mountains cuz everyone knows her... regaurdless like i have said b4 i cheered at greenup and i know my cheerleading.... valley has solid motions,,, and loud voices.. good tumbling i saw 4 girls with alternates and 5 other girls with one on ones.. thats pretty cool... Awesome crowd.. East Ridge ... I still dont fully understand why so many cheerleaders didnt cheer?,, but good floor cheer... and that looney girl did her full... and i saw some series.. .. as far as unsportmanlike goes in greenup.. the refs would not allow it.. where were they at?

Thank you for this quote from someone who had nothing to gain or lose in this matter. Valley has a good squad that works hard. Valleys fans are rather quite until theres a game with ER and then they let their pride show. These 2 teams have went at it hard since the begining of ER's school and will do it for along time off. That's what makes it fun to go to the games to see your team win and to see who's fans can make the most noise Sometimes it can get ugly but you have to remember these are high school kids having fun and like someone said earlier they will ALL laugh about it years from now. What is bad is when the adults put their 2cents in and turn it into something more than it is. Let the kids be kids and have some clean fun and keep your nose out of it. As for the refs in our region they can't see 2 foot from their nosies so they wouldn't say much if something really was there.
People try to make it like ER was trying to hit them..but I was at the game and both squads were going right at each other..so SV if u think they r trying to hit u then get out off the way....
Rude cheerleaders.. rude fans.. and rude band... yeah so it has nothing to do with anything this post has.. but i think this highschool rivalry is getting way outta hand.. Valley ur a rude bunch of people.. east ridge ur not much better.. so just shut it up god bless.. everyone has rude people there isnt a reason to get on here and whine about it lets just see who can have the braggin rights come the night the ridge warriors play the ***** cats at ER... for District title
"SV Wildcats" Wrote:Thank you for this quote from someone who had nothing to gain or lose in this matter. Valley has a good squad that works hard. Valleys fans are rather quite until theres a game with ER and then they let their pride show. These 2 teams have went at it hard since the begining of ER's school and will do it for along time off. That's what makes it fun to go to the games to see your team win and to see who's fans can make the most noise Sometimes it can get ugly but you have to remember these are high school kids having fun and like someone said earlier they will ALL laugh about it years from now. What is bad is when the adults put their 2cents in and turn it into something more than it is. Let the kids be kids and have some clean fun and keep your nose out of it. As for the refs in our region they can't see 2 foot from their nosies so they wouldn't say much if something really was there.

Dude woman w/e just shut up about it.. it was over 2 weeks ago that it happened and well some of these kids have piss poor attituded and it could have been dileberate.. but lets just think before u talk thank u
Yeah we WOMEN my have that piss poor attitude and may be whinning but thats what these forums are for so we can talk about things :argue: . the title is Cheerleading:Cheerlead and if you don't like it go put your 2 cents in the basketball forum. :Wave:Or will that let you in there
"The Dork" Wrote:imo- shelby valley girls took up for themselves and showed the opposing team that they were not going to back down from them intentionally tumbling into them- i think that our girls really put on a show and were well supported by our blue crew! way to go cheerleaders and good luck tonight against south floyd* and i do belive that lakan is the only person on ER's squad who has anything above a series- our squad has mutliple tumblers who all together account for more than one person*

Lakan is not the only person that has something above a series... Maybe u r blind? Lets see... I will put the person's hardest tumble beside their names...

1.)Lakan-full
2.)Telisha-round-off tuck
3.)Jami-Handspring or round-off handspring
4.)Toddra-Standing tuck or one-on-one
5.)Abby-one-on-one
6.)Whitney-one-on-one
7.)Monica-series
8.)Courtney-handspring or round-off handspring
9.)Kaysha-Round-off tuck
10.)Jordan-one-on-one or standing tuck
11.)Erika-Round-off tuck
12.)Taylor-handspring
13.)Chelsea-round-off handspring

so maybe u need to get your facts straight...:wenumber1
[move][/move] ~  EAST RIDGE ~ EAST RIDGE ~ EAST RIDGE ~ EAST RIDGE ~ EAST RIDGE ~ EAST RIDGE~

Well to all those SV fans\cheerleaders im gonna start by saying who cares about the fighting at the games ER cheerleaders simply outcheered SV ER has one of the best high school cheerleaders that ive ever seen they already had strong tumblers and this year they gained some awsome athletic girls\boy from elkhorn city your awsome athletes ERIKA, JORDAN, KAYLA, and CHELSEA>ER IS THE BEST  becuase its always better to be on top @ THE RIDGE than to be hiding way down low in the VALLEY hiding like rats.   
:bow: all bow to ER
This is an old thread guys, let's not get on here and stir up old news. We don't need anymore fighting over it. ER and Valley both took home cheering trophies, season is over for East Ridge so let's leave it there.