Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central 38 - Greenup County 0 (Final)
Alan Boggs had a huge game over 400 yards passing, 4 TD's.

Wes Pugh had nearly 200 yards receiving with 3 TD's

Great win to start the season Pike Central.
congrats to PC
Congrats Pike Central!!
Greenup is back to being Greenup. Going to be a long year for them.
WOW..didn't think it would be that bad.
Wow, Sounds like Boggs had a great night!
Congrats to Boggs, Pugh, and the rest of the Pike Central players!! ALways good to start the season on a high note!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Can't wait till your devils stumble, i'll be the first to let you know about it.
I'm still sitting at work and I see the stats but paper doesn't mean anything. Anyone care to tell me how PC looked?
HawksRule Wrote:I'm still sitting at work and I see the stats but paper doesn't mean anything. Anyone care to tell me how PC looked?

The Hawks will be just fine. Offense look good Boggs had 484 passing yards 4 touchdowns. Had 100 plus rushing yards. Wes Pugh had 270 rec yards. Defense look good at times and so so at times. First game of the year not bad.:Thumbs:
Huge numbers from Boggs.
I think Boggs could have thrown for a lot more but the Central staff seemd to call the dogs off, when they opted to stop throwing deep and work on the short passing game and the running game.

I did like the way Greenup ran the bone and think if they put Linthicum at rb and Barney at QB they will cause some problems for a lot of defenses. That big line looks like they were made to run the bone.

I am working on a game report on this one if anyone cares.
Boggs starting the season with over 400 is impressive
Congrats to Pike Central.
FBALL Wrote:Greenup is back to being Greenup. Going to be a long year for them.

Were they ever anything different to begin with? Beating smaller schools, and teams with poor records? And getting their butts kicked first round of the playoffs..
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Were they ever anything different to begin with? Beating smaller schools, and teams with poor records? And getting their butts kicked first round of the playoffs..
And still have more sucess in the playoffs than Raceland. We do have a regional title or two. GC has been to a State Championship. So I guess Raceland is just being Raceland. I love people talking smack, who have never won anything.
Was this a 4 quarter game for Pike Central? Or did the JV start seeing action in the 3rd or early 4th quarter?

38-0 is an impressive start for the Hawks.
Nice start for Boggs and the Hawks.
FBALL Wrote:Greenup is back to being Greenup. Going to be a long year for them.

I thought they were just Greenup Co last year. Wasn't they something like 5-6 or 5-7 counting the playoffs. Yes they did thump our butts. But no winning record again.
Beat up on the little kids and lose to the grown-ups!
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:I thought they were just Greenup Co last year. Wasn't they something like 5-6 or 5-7 counting the playoffs. Yes they did thump our butts. But no winning record again.
Beat up on the little kids and lose to the grown-ups!

So Raceland is considered little kids since we beat up on them last year? yes, that is correct. raceland will never be considered grown-ups so your comment is pointless and its gettin no where. you lost to gc last year so no one cares.
Congrats Pike Central.
Boggs is one of the best QB in EKY, I dont think he gets enough credit. Congrats Pike Central.
thelegend Wrote:So Raceland is considered little kids since we beat up on them last year? yes, that is correct. raceland will never be considered grown-ups so your comment is pointless and its gettin no where. you lost to gc last year so no one cares.

I think you and everyone on here knows what I was getting at.
But I expected you and a few to react just the way you have. Thats why I put that post on here. I won't say it's Greenup Co being Greenup Co. Because I know lots of people down that way. But you and a few sure do make it hard on the rest down that way. Always complaining. Always negative. Always putting other teams down but never looking within. Yes you are the big boy. (4A) And yes we are the little kid. (1A). But it's almost always this big 4A saying. I think I can. I think I can. Only to run out of gas just right before you make it to the top. Start winning and quit complaining! Your homework for the day is. Against this little kid (1A) Raceland. What is the record the past 15 years? If it's less then a 70% winning percentage vs this little 1A school. Then I'll understand why some of you are the way you are. All the time you see losers complain about others. Because you don't want to take responseability for nothing. Easier to put the blame on others. It's always the refs, muddy field, rain, injuries ect. I've even used a few myself. But I quickly realize that hey maybe we arn't as good as I thought. See you guys in a few weeks!! Constantly losing! Constantly whinning! Thats YOU! WAiting on you!!
old warrior Wrote:Can't wait till your devils stumble, i'll be the first to let you know about it.
Shouldnt be too long of a wait. Ironton in 2 weeks with Ashland the following week.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Were they ever anything different to begin with? Beating smaller schools, and teams with poor records? And getting their butts kicked first round of the playoffs..
Yeah, they were a pretty good team last year. It happens down there every once in a while.
MVP2 Wrote:Boggs is one of the best QB in EKY, I dont think he gets enough credit. Congrats Pike Central.

I 100 percent agree with this. The kid is big, physical and can flat out throw the ball. He threw several nice passes that were just dropped.

To GC's credit, early in the 2nd half they were able to play some decent defense against the pass but with a player like this its only a matter of time til he burns you. Pike County Central will win a ton of games this year. Congrats to them and it will be fun following you guys this year.
Kosar Wrote:And still have more sucess in the playoffs than Raceland. We do have a regional title or two. GC has been to a State Championship. So I guess Raceland is just being Raceland. I love people talking smack, who have never won anything.

Tell me Kosar. What has the muskies done the last 15 years?
FBALL Wrote:Yeah, they were a pretty good team last year. It happens down there every once in a while.

By who's standards? Does being close to a winning record count as a good season? Not at our school. 7-6, 8-5. Not good enough.
5-5 or 6-5 is not acceptable!
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Tell me Kosar. What has the muskies done the last 15 years?
Let's see 15 yrs.....1 regional championship. That's one more than the rams have in school history. U have no right to talk about gc not winning in the playoffs.
Only Regional Championship for GC was in 1977.

In 2007, GC lost to Harrison County 31-30 in the Regional Championship.