Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry
100.00%
Harrison
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs. Harrison County Predictions (Pike County Bowl)
What say you?
Belfry will win. I think the pirates might come out a little sloppy on offense but their defense will hold check on HC.

Belfry-28
Harrison-00
Belfry-34
Harrison-6
Belfry needs to block better this week. That does not just mean the offensive line, but the running backs, and receivers as well. With that being said, I like the Pirates this week 27-8 in a pretty good ballgame.
O/line needs some work and quick if intend to compete.
Belfry 26 - 14
Can a mod put a poll on this please?
Belfry 31-6
pirates will do fine coach heywood will have his team in tune.pond creek will get to see there new and quicker team this season.they are full with talent. go pirates
Belfry by about 30
I pick Belfry in this contest. Belfry has a beautiful football stadium and is always tough to beat.
Belfry Insider Wrote:Belfry by about 30

i dont think they win by that much in the 1st game of the year..hope they prove me wrong..
Harrison got blasted by Franklin Co. right? I dunno what to expect in this game.

I attended the Boyd Co. scrimmage and left with a pretty positive feel about this Pirate team. That said, I don't think they have a real gamebreaker on the team. A team of good players, but no real stud.

Its so hard to predict with so little information about the opponent. But at home I guess I will say:

Belfry - 27
Harrison 7
BTW,

I should sorta revise my previous post. I do think Willis is a stud FB and will consistently carry the water. But, IMO to compete at the highest level you are gonna need a home run hitter. ALA - Jones, Howard, Matt Maynard, May etc. (edited to include T. Varney and Ivan Lee of recent vintage)

It is a lot to ask of Soph. Justin Johnson to be that guy. Ditto for Josh Robinson.

The good news is Williams is super solid at QB and the Pirates are stacked with above average talent all over the field.

I can't wait till Friday
Pirates by a couple of T.D.s
PaytoPlay Wrote:Harrison got blasted by Franklin Co. right? I dunno what to expect in this game.

I attended the Boyd Co. scrimmage and left with a pretty positive feel about this Pirate team. That said, I don't think they have a real gamebreaker on the team. A team of good players, but no real stud.

Its so hard to predict with so little information about the opponent. But at home I guess I will say:

Belfry - 27
Harrison 7

They spanked Grant County in their opener.
have watched both scrimage games, have been impressed with pirates on all fronts, o-line led by three seniors and the ubderclassmen coming along well, d is solid, tuffy has been super at nose, dt are young and must get pressure on qb. if d-line can step up and preesure qb pirates will roll in opener. where are the may boys? looked for them to have both dt spots this year
Belfry - 23

Harrison County - 14
Belfry wins!
Belfry by 12
Belfry wins easily. 4 TD's or more.
Belfry wins in a landslide
went to cam stadium today saw some of the pirates practice. man let me say this. in the past belfry secondary was not the best.but from what i saw today that is not true this year.secondary looked good and full of very hard hitters if you are lucky enough to catch it on them.you better have rib pads on or say a prayer.very very very agressive.wow defense is scary
mr bojangles 007 Wrote:went to cam stadium today saw some of the pirates practice. man let me say this. in the past belfry secondary was not the best.but from what i saw today that is not true this year.secondary looked good and full of very hard hitters if you are lucky enough to catch it on them.you better have rib pads on or say a prayer.very very very agressive.wow defense is scary
All 4 DB's have the ability to take any INT or fumble and turn it into 6 points as well. Probably the most shear talent and depth Belfry has had in the secondary in a long time.

If the Pirates can get a pass rush that can pressure and hit opposing QB's it makes these guys even more dangerous.

If the Middle of the D-line can mesh to go along with the very solid Runyon and Messer at the DE's.... and if the Pirates experienced (yet still very young) LB'ers can continue their improvement I think this defense could have the tools to carry this team until the offense finds their stride.
I also came away from the Boyd Co. scrimmage impressed with the secondary.

How are the tailbacks looking at this point? Hopefully, the Pirate defense can force some 3 and outs and get the offense some short fields.

Is the Barnes kid healthy yet? If so, where does he factor in, if anywhere?
Is everyone healthy for Belfry? Friday can't get here soon enough. I so badly want to see a well oiled machine but we almost never do this early in the year.

I suppose I would settle for a dominating defense. I will be particularly focused on the 3 interior D-lineman. If those three guys step up and play well, the defense should be very good.
From all indications, Belfry will only be playing TWO starters both ways in this game. Josh Robinson at TB/FS and Tony Messer at DE/TE. Should keep everyone very fresh.
Harrison County, from what I've heard likes to pass the ball... I don't think that'll be easy to do this year on Belfry.

Give me the Pirates, 28-0.
forgot to mention the offense they will be fine.could be one of the most explosive offenses in the district. you got 2 good qb,s 2 good fb,s 4 good rb,s .a talented team don,t blink u might miss something:biglmao: