Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beechwood 28 Simon Kenton 0
Final
where's neerfan or some other SK fan telling us how poor the referring was?

Way to go Tigers
I called this one in the pick'em thread. SWEET!
neerfan, where are you????
Even in a down year I wouldn't pick against the wood. Thats if they ever had any.
It's very impressive to see a 1A team completely dismantle a 6A team. Especially a 6A team who is only a few years removed from a State runner-up bid
chance_rollin Wrote:Even in a down year I wouldn't pick against the wood. That's if they ever had any.
they are most defendant not in a down year
I was amazed at how many people picked against them in the Pick'em thread!
^ It's easy to go with a bigger school over a smaller school, but not in this case!
^I don't think many of them truly knew who Beechwood is. They probably went on KHSAA, saw that they were 1A vs. 6A, just like you said.
LWC Wrote:^I don't think many of them truly knew who Beechwood is. They probably went on KHSAA, saw that they were 1A vs. 6A, just like you said.

Not much of KY high school football fan if you do not know who Beechwood is!
Ouch, I didnt except a shutout. I had SK in this one.

Congrats Beechwood.
sstack Wrote:Not much of KY high school football fan if you do not know who Beechwood is!
agreed Sk will be an also ran in their own district yet the Beechie will contended for a title
MVP2 Wrote:Ouch, I didnt except a shutout. I had SK in this one.

Congrats Beechwood.

You have been listening to Neerfan and UKfan too much!
So.. Can we close the book on SK? haha im kiddin

I am surprised SK didn't score, Beechwood's D and O line dominated SK
LWC Wrote:I was amazed at how many people picked against them in the Pick'em thread!

yea i did like an idiot,i knew better
Stardust Wrote:^ It's easy to go with a bigger school over a smaller school, but not in this case!

Does Beechwood draw kids from outside there district. Just curious.
toussaints Wrote:So.. Can we close the book on SK? haha im kiddin

I am surprised SK didn't score, Beechwood's D and O line dominated SK

Confusednicker:Nah, NKY 6A is too weak to count SK out. As a state 6A power, yes, close that Little Golden Book.
hop24 Wrote:Does Beechwood draw kids from outside there district. Just curious.

Not sure. I think they're an independent district, like Highlands. SK can't use that as an excuse as they have the ability to draw from anywhere in the county district. (Scott, Dixie and SK being that district.)
SK was out coached!
UK1fan Wrote:SK was out coached!
well at least it wasn't the officiating:Sad04:
Can you dig it? Wrote:Not sure. I think they're an independent district, like Highlands. SK can't use that as an excuse as they have the ability to draw from anywhere in the county district. (Scott, Dixie and SK being that district.)

beechwood is an independent district and they get a good number of kids from lakeside park, crestview hills, edgewood, and erlanger
toussaints Wrote:beechwood is an independent district and they get a good number of kids from lakeside park, crestview hills, edgewood, and erlanger

Do you know this for a fact or are you just guessing, Because I am guessing most of the kids are right from the city the school is in.
sstack Wrote:Do you know this for a fact or are you just guessing, Because I am guessing most of the kids are right from the city the school is in.

This jibes with what I've always heard. Same with Highlands drawing from Southgate and Wilder.
sstack Wrote:Do you know this for a fact or are you just guessing, Because I am guessing most of the kids are right from the city the school is in.

Well, I know for a fact of a kid from Cold Spring and a Kid from Burlington.... I know and have coached them both. So, it's safe to say that those are not the only two.
Stardust Wrote:Well, I know for a fact of a kid from Cold Spring and a Kid from Burlington.... I know and have coached them both. So, it's safe to say that those are not the only two.

Actually ... It would be more safe to say that 5 out of the 48 kids in the program are out of district.

Also...all of those kids had to pass an in depth academic evaluation/test to be admitted to Beechwood.

All the other kids basically live in a very small area around the schools neighborhood.

Beechwood has more tuition students (significantly more) who do not participate in athletics as opposed to those that do.

The tuition football players are some of the most intelligent in the school---with high ACT scores. (and Beechwood is number 1 in the state with ACT scores)

And yes ... I am tired of hearing about out of district kids at Beechwood. They are truly students first...and are there for the education FIRST.
^ No need to point to my post partner, I was only stating a fact and not making a comment! I have no problem with it!
[quote=hop24]Does Beechwood draw kids from outside there district. Just curious.[/Q
well now that my trashy school 2-0 what does that make yours :biglmao:
:lmao::lmao:
rebel 4 life Wrote:[quote=hop24]Does Beechwood draw kids from outside there district. Just curious.[/Q
well now that my trashy school 2-0 what does that make yours :biglmao:

You beat football powerhouses like Lloyd and Grant Co. and your bragging???:lame::gtfo:

this is a fact, but im talking about the school as a whole, not the football program