•  Previous
  • 25(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Gets a BIG Transfer?
I know people don't want to hear from me, but there is more than the issue of grades here regarding eligibility.

Bylaw 6 refers directly to all rules regarding transfers. Take a look at Bylaw 6, Section 3, (C-E)

Sec. 3) Specifi c Restrictions Resulting in Denial of Waiver
c) If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire
to participate in athletics at the new school;
d) If the satisfying of one of the exceptions is used or manipulated
for the purpose of gaining athletic eligibility; or
e) If the satisfying of one of the exceptions by the student and
the parent(s) does not reasonably precipitate a transfer to the
new school

Getting Paige eligible isn't the issue. He could easily take the needed classes, stay for tutoring, make the grades, etc. This is an issue of the above.

Also take a look at Bylaw 10.

Sec. 2) Definition
Recruiting is defined as an act, on behalf of or for the benefit
of, a school, which attempts to influence a student to transfer to
a member school for the purpose of participating in athletics. A
school official utilizing an intermediary including a peer, another
school employee, a student, a parent or a citizen, for the purpose
of recruiting a student athlete shall be in noncompliance.
a) An athletic coach or any other member of the school staff shall
not influence a student even if the student, his or her parents or
any intermediary from another school makes the initial contact.
In this situation, a coach or staff member (paid or unpaid)
should immediately refer the person(s) to the school principal.
b) Influencing a student shall include the promise or instilling the
expectation of an athletic advantage, playing time, employment
of the student or the student’s parents or relatives, housing for
the student or the student’s parents, scholarships or financial aid
for which other members of the student body are not generally
eligible, or any other material or athletic reward for which other
members of the student body are not generally eligible.

I do apologize. I know I ruffle feathers on here quite a bit, but you're blind if you think his parents mysteriously and coincidentally found a job in Perry County of all places in the United States.

Especially after Hatcher's son said no to him in WV. Just a bit of a coincidence. Like I said, I know it sucks that other schools are getting these kids eligible. It's all bullshit to me, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Sad for this kid of course that he is being dragged around all over the country for the benefits of others, but this has been obvious since day 1.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:I know people don't want to hear from me, but there is more than the issue of grades here regarding eligibility.

Bylaw 6 refers directly to all rules regarding transfers. Take a look at Bylaw 6, Section 3, (C-E)

new school

Getting Paige eligible isn't the issue. He could easily take the needed classes, stay for tutoring, make the grades, etc. This is an issue of the above.

Sec. 2) Definition

I do apologize. I know I ruffle feathers on here quite a bit, but you're blind if you think his parents mysteriously and coincidentally found a job in Perry County of all places in the United States.

Especially after Hatcher's son said no to him in WV. Just a bit of a coincidence. Like I said, I know it sucks that other schools are getting these kids eligible. It's all bullshit to me, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Sad for this kid of course that he is being dragged around all over the country for the benefits of others, but this has been obvious since day 1.

Thank you. I have been trying to tell people this from the beginning. His parents didn't just get jobs in Perry County. Of course it is sad to see him being dragged around but his family knew what they were getting into so don't feel that bad.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:I know people don't want to hear from me, but there is more than the issue of grades here regarding eligibility.

new school

Sec. 2) Definition

This is zaga btw...
I'm well versed with this rule as well.

You can call everyone blind all day long but this rule still pertains to EVERYONE.
The Cordia kids were recruited and their transfers were %100 basketball related.
The KHSAA can't honestly think that they could let them slide and bring the hammer down on this kid.
That being said...
I'm more likely to believe this a grades issue.
However, I'm wrong sometimes lol
EastKyMx Wrote:This is zaga btw...
I'm well versed with this rule as well.

You can call everyone blind all day long but this rule still pertains to EVERYONE.
The Cordia kids were recruited and their transfers were %100 basketball related.
The KHSAA can't honestly think that they could let them slide and bring the hammer down on this kid.
That being said...
I'm more likely to believe this a grades issue.
However, I'm wrong sometimes lol

:Thumbs:
Just for the record, it was not the grades part that caused him to be ruled ineligible. The Coach from New York is upset he lost one of the best players he ever had and is going to miss out on another shot at a state title, so they said some things that weren't true or they may have been true, but things have changed and are not true now. There was a small misunderstanding on the transfer paper that needs to be taken care of with guardianship. After that gets taken care of there is nothing that is keeping him from playing here in the 14th. His grades are fine, he is in line to graduate on time, he is a great kid and after the appeal in Nov, everything should be fine. So all of you bad mouthing a great kid can just keep talking trash you have no idea about. The kid moved, he is living with his mother and he is going to graduate, that is all that matters. Should be a fun year for Kentucky basketball here in the 14th. Peace.
Wall4president Wrote:Just for the record, it was not the grades part that caused him to be ruled ineligible. The Coach from New York is upset he lost one of the best players he ever had and is going to miss out on another shot at a state title, so they said some things that weren't true or they may have been true, but things have changed and are not true now. There was a small misunderstanding on the transfer paper that needs to be taken care of with guardianship. After that gets taken care of there is nothing that is keeping him from playing here in the 14th. His grades are fine, he is in line to graduate on time, he is a great kid and after the appeal in Nov, everything should be fine. So all of you bad mouthing a great kid can just keep talking trash you have no idea about. The kid moved, he is living with his mother and he is going to graduate, that is all that matters. Should be a fun year for Kentucky basketball here in the 14th. Peace.

We can only hope...
Irish Wrote:Thank you. I have been trying to tell people this from the beginning. His parents didn't just get jobs in Perry County. Of course it is sad to see him being dragged around but his family knew what they were getting into so don't feel that bad.

Ballers better quit giving out his hotline number to Ms.Cleo!
Sounds as if Wall4President cant make up his mind who he is supporting Cordia or PCC lol!!!!! I guess that is what we call a straddle pole in politics.
In quite recent memory, Corey Martin, Eric Back, Evan Whitaker,Ethan Horton, Kyle Huff, Dalton Sizemore, Corey Hoskins the group of JBA players, the group or Cordia players, and Jaysean Paige, all transfers... of these Corey Martin, still resides same place, transfer from Hazard to PCC,, ruled eligible??, Eric Back, transfer from PCC to Hazard,still resides same place, ruled ineligible??, Evan Whitaker, transfer from Leslie Co. to Hazard, ruled ineligible, still resides same place, Ethan Horton, transfer from Leslie to Clay Co. as a 9th grader, then as a 11 th grader transfered from Clay Co back to Leslie, but stil has same residence but ruled eliglble, Kyle Huff transferred from Breathitt to PCC, as a 9th grader so ruled eligible, Dalton Sizemore transfer fromWhitley to Letcher, then ack to Williamsburg, ruled eligible, transfer from as 9th graders of course ruled eligible, but not all, not the 10th grader, all Cordia recruits eligible, Jaysean, not eligible, KSHAA get REAL with your rules!!! All is not fair and you can disagree all you wish but these kids were not all given equal treatment!!!! SHAME ON KSHAA!!
Wall4president Wrote:There was a small misunderstanding on the transfer paper that needs to be taken care of with guardianship.

Let's see if I remember this right...
he was at 1 school, then mom went to work in Staten Island and he went to Jt. to stay w/ his uncle.
Maybe, in order to play sports, mom had to transfer guardianship to uncle, but didn't change it back b4 the move to Ky., meaning he's only eligible where the uncle is.
How is that selective enforcement by the KHSAA working out for you now. I have mentioned that before and was ridiculed for it. This sounds like the makings of a good show on the Soap Opera Network
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Sounds as if Wall4President cant make up his mind who he is supporting Cordia or PCC lol!!!!! I guess that is what we call a straddle pole in politics.

I'm for all of them! I wish they would all get transfers eligible. I love basketball here in the 14th region and great players coming in, just means better games to go watch. Smile
VHSL-helper Wrote:LMaybe, in order to play sports, mom had to transfer guardianship to uncle, but didn't change it back b4 the move to Ky., meaning he's only eligible where the uncle is.
Probably correct for now, but how hard is it to go to a judge and get guardianship back, I mean she is his "MOTHER" for goodness sake. And if he is living with her here, shouldn't be too difficult, but you never know!
i hope it all works out for the good of the young man
VHSL-helper Wrote:Let's see if I remember this right...
he was at 1 school, then mom went to work in Staten Island and he went to Jt. to stay w/ his uncle.
Maybe, in order to play sports, mom had to transfer guardianship to uncle, but didn't change it back b4 the move to Ky., meaning he's only eligible where the uncle is.

Bingo!!!We have a winner!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Bingo!!!We have a winner!!!

So this is the real reason? If so shouldn't be too hard to fix.
The khsaa has to do something when everyone in the region is calling them crying about this transfer, and I MEAN EVERYONE!!!! Just hope hatcher and the boys remember this when they play them. This just fuels the fire. Khsaa ruled him ineligible because everyone in the region is calling giving info they think is true(but its not) and the coach from NY is doing the same. Uve got to be able to prove it though, thats the great thing about america. Its not what u know, but what u can prove. Im sure this kid will be fine.
If he was ruled ineligible because of anything but grades, Paige will play.
ballstar Wrote:The khsaa has to do something when everyone in the region is calling them crying about this transfer, and I MEAN EVERYONE!!!! Just hope hatcher and the boys remember this when they play them. This just fuels the fire. Khsaa ruled him ineligible because everyone in the region is calling giving info they think is true(but its not) and the coach from NY is doing the same. Uve got to be able to prove it though, thats the great thing about america. Its not what u know, but what u can prove. Im sure this kid will be fine.

Hatcher does it too!!! He has fought the Cordia player's eligibility tooth and nail!
^lmao ..didn't know that. Im just sayin if Hatchers willing to fight it that hard(if your statements ture)that shows you somethings there.
If he's ruled eligible its because his grades have been changed ........ Logan did not take him because he was not a senior according to his grades leaving NY
^Someone posted a comment of my friends facebook and said Jaysean was takin junior classes. That's the only reason i thought it was grades. But if that school in WV turned this kid down it had to be for a good reason, or otherwise they would have scooped him up just like any other school with sense would have.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Hatcher does it too!!! He has fought the Cordia player's eligibility tooth and nail!

Thats not true!!! No one really cares about the 3 he has right now, no reason to fight them.
ballstar Wrote:Thats not true!!! No one really cares about the 3 he has right now, no reason to fight them.

agreed! they aint that good lol decent ball players!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Hatcher does it too!!! He has fought the Cordia player's eligibility tooth and nail!

BTW, they better hope they have a couple more coming. Their best player from last yr is walking the halls at PCC. They WONT make it out of the district with what they have right now.
ballstar Wrote:BTW, they better hope they have a couple more coming. Their best player from last yr is walking the halls at PCC. They WONT make it out of the district with what they have right now.

lol sumner was at pcc for a month last year, and everyone predicted him to do it again this year. Guess where hes bck to now?lol..But sumner was the best player for the lions last year probably 3rd or 4th this year.
^Cordia has one player still having paper work done to come play.
[quote=KHSAA12]^Someone posted a comment of my friends facebook and said Jaysean was takin junior classes.QUOTE]

Guess it's time for a lesson in highschool credits. Some schools/districts do their mandatory classes differently. Some do US History the freshman year and World History the junior year, some do geometry sophomore some do it junior year, some do biology sophomore some do it junior, so to sum it up. As long as they have the correct number of credits to graduate with all the mandatory classes they have to take, it really doesn't matter when they take them. So why people may think he is taking junior classes is because he may be in a class with juniors at Perry, but that class was offered in New York as a senioir, so if he was their he would of taken it as a senior. So if you are in high school and you have enough credits to graduate and you have all the mandatory classes you need to graduate, everything is fine with your grades. So I assume that is what everyone is talking about with grades with him. He has enough credits to graduate this year with the credits he is taking right now from what I can gather. So I would also have to assume that when the guardianship is taken care of in Nov. there will be no other question but to have him be eligible. Good luck to him and to Perry and the rest of the 14th region on a great season.
^Im just going on hear say about the grades. I just can't gather why that highschool in wv turned a kid of his caliber down if his grades and everything was fine. Still a Mystery i guess.
  •  Previous
  • 25(current)
  • Next