Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heisman Trophy
Who wins it?
I'm going with Russell Wilson. Wisconsin has a great shot to go undefeated and he's going to put up great stats along the way.
Andrew Luck.
Denard Robinson?
^

I would love to see Robinson win it, but they just dont got the D to contend this season. No team with a 7-5 or 6-6 record will have a Heisman winner.
MVP2 Wrote:Andrew Luck.

I agree. With all the hype and his status as the #1 draft pick and an can't miss in the NFL, he is the odds on favorite as long as Stanford wins the game sthey are supposed to.
It is Andrew Luck's to lose. However, I guarantee that a player on one of the teams in the National Championship game will definitely win it.

Andrew Luck's chances GREATLY improve if Oregon loses against LSU.
LWC Wrote:It is Andrew Luck's to lose. However, I guarantee that a player on one of the teams in the National Championship game will definitely win it.

Andrew Luck's chances GREATLY improve if Oregon loses against LSU.

Then you can almost guarantee that the winner of the Heisman winner is the loser of the Championship game. Only 6 since 1950 have won both.
Reggie Bush, Sam Bradford, etc....
Morgan Newton?
LWC Wrote:Reggie Bush, Sam Bradford, etc....

Cam Newton, Mark Ingram both won it. Drawing blanks on the other four. Charles Woodson, I think is another.
The way Robert Griffin III looked tonight, he could be in the running if the Bears could contend for a Big 12 and pull a few upsets. I know it is not likely but he put up some huge numbers on the #14 ranked team in the nation tonight.
Stardust Wrote:Then you can almost guarantee that the winner of the Heisman winner is the loser of the Championship game. Only 6 since 1950 have won both.

This is way, way off.

1. Davey O’Brien - QB, TCU (namesake of the Davey O'Brien award, awarded to the best quarterback in the NCAA)

2. Bruce Smith - HB, Minnesota

3. Angelo Bertelli - QB, Notre Dame

4. Doc Blanchard - FB, Army (Go Black Knights!)

5. John Lujack - QB, Notre Dame

6. Leon Hart - TE/DE, Notre Dame

7. Tony Dorsett - HB, Pittsburgh

8. Charlie Ward - QB, Florida State

9. Danny Wuerffel - QB, Florida

10. Charles Woodson - CB, Michigan

11. Reggie Bush - HB, Southern California

12. Sam Bradford - QB, Oklahoma

13. Mark Ingram - HB, Alabama

14. Cam Newton - QB, Auburn

Fourteen brother, not six. Wish Tebow was on that least, played well enough to be, that's for sure. He's probably the best collegiate player of all time.
Anyway, for this year's Heisman Trophy, I have the guys ranked on who I think will win it

1. Andrew Luck - 4th YR Junior, QB, Stanford (the favorite)
2. LaMichael James - Junior, HB, Oregon (second year as full time starter, could easily win the Heisman with a beast year)
3. Trent Richardson - Junior, HB, Alabama (first year starter, proven running skills, legitimate candidate)
4. Landry Jones - Junior, QB, Oklahoma (Has been in the Heisman talk for the last two years, good player and good guy)
4. Kellen Moore - Senior, QB, Boise St. (Has been in the Heisman talk the last three years. Beat at QB for Boise and has put up crazy numbers, in a weak conference though)
5. Mark Lattimore - Soph, HB, South Carolina (Dark horse candidate, he was a beast his senior year)
6. Case Keenum - 6th YR Senior, QB, Houston (Pretty sure this guy has quite a few records. Been on the Heisman watch for 5 or 6 years, puts up absolutely wild numbers. Houston just isn't strong enough for him to win it, IMO)
Also, add on to my post above the last one, post #12, about the number of Heisman winners that also won the National Championship that year...It wouldn't let me edit it.

15. Matt Leinart - QB, USC
16. Eric Crouch - QB, Nebraska

Makes it 16 Heisman winners with National Championships actually, not 14 and definitely not 6. My bad on the mess up.
My Rankings for the Heisman:

1) Andrew Lock -QB- (Stanford)
2) Trent Richardson -RB- (Alabama)
3) LaMichael James -RB- (Oregon)
4) Kellen Moore -QB- (Boise State)
5) Marcus Lattimore -RB- (South Carolina)
6) Edwin Baker -RB- (Michigan State)
7) Aaron Murray -QB- (Georgia)
8) Landry Jones -QB- (Oklahoma)
9) Justin Blackmon -WR- (Oklahoma State)
10) Michael Floyd -WR- (Notre Dame)
Andrew Luck!!
vundy33 Wrote:This is way, way off.

1. Davey O’Brien - QB, TCU (namesake of the Davey O'Brien award, awarded to the best quarterback in the NCAA)

2. Bruce Smith - HB, Minnesota

3. Angelo Bertelli - QB, Notre Dame

4. Doc Blanchard - FB, Army (Go Black Knights!)

5. John Lujack - QB, Notre Dame

6. Leon Hart - TE/DE, Notre Dame

7. Tony Dorsett - HB, Pittsburgh

8. Charlie Ward - QB, Florida State

9. Danny Wuerffel - QB, Florida

10. Charles Woodson - CB, Michigan

11. Reggie Bush - HB, Southern California

12. Sam Bradford - QB, Oklahoma

13. Mark Ingram - HB, Alabama

14. Cam Newton - QB, Auburn

Fourteen brother, not six. Wish Tebow was on that least, played well enough to be, that's for sure. He's probably the best collegiate player of all time.

Bradford and Bush both lost in the championship game the year they won the Heisman.
I think it'll come down to Andrew Luck or Kellen Moore, even more so if Boise goes 10-0.

As for James out of Oregon, I just don't see him putting up Heisman numbers, seeing as Oregon replaces their Center and two other offensive linemen. (The Tackles maybe?) I guess we'll know after tonight. I heard O's Center weighs 280 and goes around 5'10", and LSU's Nose is around 6'3" and goes 350. We'll see how he matches up, along with the rest of the Oregon line. If Oregon is successful tonight, i'll believe in his chances more.
Aslan Wrote:Bradford and Bush both lost in the championship game the year they won the Heisman.

Gracias for the correction bro. That was the USC-Texas game for Bush, and the Oklahoma-Florida game for Bradford, correct? 05' and 07'?
vundy33 Wrote:Gracias for the correction bro. That was the USC-Texas game for Bush, and the Oklahoma-Florida game for Bradford, correct? 05' and 07'?

08' Florida. Everything else was correct.
Trent Richardson. Rolllllllllllllllllllltideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Andrew Luck or LaMichael James
Landry Jones -QB- Oklahoma----His name will be mention all season long when we talk Heisman.
vundy33 Wrote:Also, add on to my post above the last one, post #12, about the number of Heisman winners that also won the National Championship that year...It wouldn't let me edit it.

15. Matt Leinart - QB, USC
16. Eric Crouch - QB, Nebraska

Makes it 16 Heisman winners with National Championships actually, not 14 and definitely not 6. My bad on the mess up.

I was about to ask if Leinart won. I thought he had and your number was correct at 14. I knew Bush lost against Vince Young and Texas. Good job on the info.
MVP2 Wrote:Landry Jones -QB- Oklahoma----His name will be mention all season long when we talk Heisman.

If the Sooners run the table, this is very likely
Aslan Wrote:Who wins it?
I'm going with Russell Wilson. Wisconsin has a great shot to go undefeated and he's going to put up great stats along the way.

Wilson looked very impressive in his first outing...if he does win the Heisman has there ever been a first year transfer to another school win the Heisman?