Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breahitt County 68 - Newport 12
Final.
This one got real ugly, real fast. Breathitt scored 41 in the first quarter.
Wow, thats painful. Long bus ride back to Newport :flush:
Woooooowiiiieeeeeeeeeeee! Talk about a smack down. Congrats to Holcomb and them Breathitt Bobcats
toussaints Wrote:Wow, thats painful. Long bus ride back to Newport :flush:

I thought the Wildcats would be outclassed, but this wasn't even worth taking the trip....
Stardust Wrote:I thought the Wildcats would be outclassed, but this wasn't even worth taking the trip....

atleast there was a running clock so they could leave quickly.
Congrats Bobcats.
9/2/2011
Breathitt Co. 68 Newport 12

Newport 12 0 0 0 0
Breathitt Co. 41 14 13 0 68
Scoring summary:
B--Richard Trent 33 run (Devon Rice); B--Will Collins 75 run (kick failed); N--Robert Engram 90 kick off return (kick failed); B--Collins 5 run (Wes Noble pass from Trent); N--Robert Washington 71 pass from Jashawn Short (run failed); B--Josh Fletcher 51 pass from Trent (Rice kick); B--James Blomberg 55 pass from Trent (Rice kick); B--Fletcher 31 run (kick failed); B--Trent 49 run (Rice kick); B--Collins 2 run (Rice kick); B--Blomberg 81 pass from Trent (kick failed); B--Jonathon Gilbert 9 run (Michael Hilderbrand kick).
Records: Breathitt Co. 3-1; Newport 1-2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1Wt0lnLq7
toussaints Wrote:atleast there was a running clock so they could leave quickly.

Amen to that - EEK
The bobcats laid the smack down early to put this game out of reach. This may be the best the bobcats have looked on offense since the "02" title team. Richard Trent is the best athlete at the qb position in the mountains. Looking forward to the Somerset match up in two weeks. Congrats Bobcats!
Stardust Wrote:9/2/2011
Breathitt Co. 68 Newport 12

Newport 12 0 0 0 0
Breathitt Co. 41 14 13 0 68
Scoring summary:
B--Richard Trent 33 run (Devon Rice); B--Will Collins 75 run (kick failed); N--Robert Engram 90 kick off return (kick failed); B--Collins 5 run (Wes Noble pass from Trent); N--Robert Washington 71 pass from Jashawn Short (run failed); B--Josh Fletcher 51 pass from Trent (Rice kick); B--James Blomberg 55 pass from Trent (Rice kick); B--Fletcher 31 run (kick failed); B--Trent 49 run (Rice kick); B--Collins 2 run (Rice kick); B--Blomberg 81 pass from Trent (kick failed); B--Jonathon Gilbert 9 run (Michael Hilderbrand kick).
Records: Breathitt Co. 3-1; Newport 1-2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1Wt0lnLq7

I think Breathitt is 3-0. W's over Estill, LCC, and Newport.
Holcomb got 'em rollin in Jackson! Watch out 3A.....
Congratulations Bobcats. What a first quarter. The first quarter seemed to last forever though.:Thumbs:
One thing's for sure...

The Honey Bowl is much less entertaining when the Bobcats bring in a gimme.

Bring Prestonsburg back !! (I -really- enjoyed the recent past series)

:lmao:
The Bobcats played a great game, that is all i have to say.
I knew this was going to be an ugly game for Newport but, 41 points in the 1st quarter!!:yikes: That is just insane!! Bobcats are looking like they're going to make it pretty far into the playoffs!! We should have a real good idea of just how good Breathitt is when they play Somerset in 2 weeks because, IMO, Somerset will be their toughest opponent during the regular season!

Congrats Bobcats!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
41 Points in the first quarter? Dag that is crazy.
Awesome atmosphere at the game last night! The stadium was so packed I had to sit out side of the Den to watch the game. The only thing I saw that we needed to work on was our special teams. Newport had some very nice returns off of punts and kick offs(they took one kick off back for a td). The offensive looked great and so did the defense. Can't wait for the Hazard and Somerset game!
oneijoe Wrote:One thing's for sure...

The Honey Bowl is much less entertaining when the Bobcats bring in a gimme.

Bring Prestonsburg back !! (I -really- enjoyed the recent past series)

:lmao:

No disrespect but I dont thing Pburg wants it this year...
Bear_Paw Wrote:No disrespect but I dont thing Pburg wants it this year...

I understand how you can feel so good and thump your chest a bit about the Bobcats after watching a thrashing like that. But the point I'm making is...Breathitt Co.'s team gains NOTHING playing an opponent that weak. And unless one is a Bobcat homie, the game couldn't have been entertaining from a fan's perspective.

If your team is really that good, I'd think Breathitt Co. would want to play teams like Prestonsburg.

:eyeroll:
Bear_Paw Wrote:No disrespect but I dont thing Pburg wants it this year...

If Im not mistaken i believe P-burg has heard that before and yet the results speak for themselves.