Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic 40 Beechwood 28
Final.
:Clap:Way to go Colonels
Where are those who said Cov Cath could not beat Beechwood???
This is the one game I missed this week Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats CC.

I needed this one in the Pick'em.
i got this one, congrats to CC
Stardust Wrote:Where are those who said Cov Cath could not beat Beechwood???

PRESENT!:Cheerlead:eyeroll:
Cov Cath is a very good team and I knew Beechwood would have fits with them. Im sure the Cov Cath passing game scretch the defense out.
Live it up while you can . The Birds will be coming to Park Hills Sat.
mrb5150 Wrote:Live it up while you can . The Birds will be coming to Park Hills Sat.

Another Bluebird hijacker, forecasting gloom and doom for the next unfortunate victim. Imagine that. Another bump in the road.........Who's next?........... Why do most of you have so much trouble reading the titles of threads? THIS THREAD WAS NOT ABOUT HIGHLANDS. Go start your own thread so you can talk to each other and tell each other how good Highlands is. Leave other people's threads alone.
CovCath was 2 points away from making my prediction on the spot. Come on CCH, i said 42, not 40

nice win for CovCath
CovCath hands Beechwood its first loss

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...309170118/

It sounds like CovCath was able to play to their strengths, wearing the Tigers out. Looking at the schedules, both teams should be able to finish the season strong, with a collective head of steam going into the playoffs.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Another Bluebird hijacker, forecasting gloom and doom for the next unfortunate victim. Imagine that. Another bump in the road.........Who's next?........... Why do most of you have so much trouble reading the titles of threads? THIS THREAD WAS NOT ABOUT HIGHLANDS. Go start your own thread so you can talk to each other and tell each other how good Highlands is. Leave other people's threads alone.

And threads around here don't go astray every day and everyone on here does not roll with it - BUT NOW, someone has a problem with it and wants to call out other trolls :popcorn:
^ Good post:Thumbs:
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Another Bluebird hijacker, forecasting gloom and doom for the next unfortunate victim. Imagine that. Another bump in the road.........Who's next?........... Why do most of you have so much trouble reading the titles of threads? THIS THREAD WAS NOT ABOUT HIGHLANDS. Go start your own thread so you can talk to each other and tell each other how good Highlands is. Leave other people's threads alone.

Dear Jealous Boyle fan,

Of course Highlands fans are going to look at this thread. Covcath is the next Highlands opponent and their rival. Back when your Rebels were thought of as a contender to beat Highlands, then Highlands were looking at your threads too. Notice to Boyle fan, the also rans don't get much attention from the Highlands fans.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Dear Jealous Boyle fan,

Of course Highlands fans are going to look at this thread. Covcath is the next Highlands opponent and their rival. Back when your Rebels were thought of as a contender to beat Highlands, then Highlands were looking at your threads too. Notice to Boyle fan, the also rans don't get much attention from the Highlands fans.

You are such a joke. Jealous?? :please: Every Boyle fan would love to have 20 state titles as opposed to the 7 we have, but I can also tell you that NOT ONE would trade your 20 for our 7 if it meant we had to inherit your obnoxious, arrogant, condescending, disrespectful attitudes towards practically every other program in the state. Sorry to burst your bubble, but jealousy is not something most people feel toward Highlands.
And I didn't say anything about LOOKING at this or other threads--I READ probably 90% of the threads on BGR--it's your (or some of the others) need to make some disparaging comment about an upcoming or past opponent that's uncalled for, especially in threads where HHS hasn't even been mentioned and you just barge in spewing your garbage. If CovCath had been trash talking Highlands in this thread in any way, then by all means, retaliate. But as usually is the case, nobody instigated anything and MRB just decided to rain on their celebration parade. Heck, you know someone will start a thread about your next opponent soon after your game is over each Friday---that's the perfect chance to demean whoever you play next, and you can stay off threads that don't pertain to Highlands.
I have to add this--There's one particular HHS poster on here that I have a ton of respect for. He has never said anything derogatory about their future or past opponents, or other programs in general. He is respectful to other posters, players, fans, and programs. My comments about typical HHS fans obviously do not apply to him.
Stardust Wrote:And threads around here don't go astray every day and everyone on here does not roll with it - BUT NOW, someone has a problem with it and wants to call out other trolls :popcorn:

Sure, threads go astray and get off topic every day. This thread didn't go astray; it was hijacked in typical Highlands' fashion. Just because I'm tired of their constant Holier-Than-Thou, overbearing attitude doesn't make me a troll. I don't go on threads and intentionally try to antagonize people or rile them up. Calling me a troll is as inaccurate as me calling you one. I challenge you to find one post I've made--just ONE--where I've either 1) posted on a game recap thread of a team we are getting ready to play and boasted of how we were going to beat them (hijacked the thread), or 2) bad mouthed a team after we beat them and/or complained of having no competition in general. We were 30-0 going into this season, and beat several teams handily, but I never instigated trouble with an opponent, or mad mouthed one. You can look, but you won't find.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Sure, threads go astray and get off topic every day. This thread didn't go astray; it was hijacked in typical Highlands' fashion. Just because I'm tired of their constant Holier-Than-Thou, overbearing attitude doesn't make me a troll. I don't go on threads and intentionally try to antagonize people or rile them up. Calling me a troll is as inaccurate as me calling you one. I challenge you to find one post I've made--just ONE--where I've either 1) posted on a game recap thread of a team we are getting ready to play and boasted of how we were going to beat them (hijacked the thread), or 2) bad mouthed a team after we beat them and/or complained of having no competition in general. We were 30-0 going into this season, and beat several teams handily, but I never instigated trouble with an opponent, or mad mouthed one. You can look, but you won't find.
Easy there you will get your chance to play the Birds again. and for the record I don't think I put any team or person down I just said the Birds are coming to Park Hills Sat.
mrb5150 Wrote:Easy there you will get your chance to play the Birds again. and for the record I don't think I put any team or person down I just said the Birds are coming to Park Hills Sat.

Actually, you said 'Live it up while you can . The Birds will be coming to Park Hills Sat.' , like CovCath celebrating a win somehow detracted from Highland's greatness. I guess after the Beechwood game, they should've just said 'Oh, no--we have to play Highlands next week. What a meaningless win this was'. I'm sure your warning brought them right back down to earth. And none of this had anything to do with whether or not we play again.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Actually, you said 'Live it up while you can . The Birds will be coming to Park Hills Sat.' , like CovCath celebrating a win somehow detracted from Highland's greatness. I guess after the Beechwood game, they should've just said 'Oh, no--we have to play Highlands next week. What a meaningless win this was'. I'm sure your warning brought them right back down to earth. And none of this had anything to do with whether or not we play again.
You really think it did thats what I was going for lol:lmao:Why so much hate for the Birds? I wish your team the best of luck the rest of the season I just hope we make it far enough into the playoffs to get a chance to play you again by the way Cov .Cath might get to play you guys first that would be a fun game to watch.
mrb5150 Wrote:You really think it did thats what I was going for lol:lmao:Why so much hate for the Birds? I wish your team the best of luck the rest of the season I just hope we make it far enough into the playoffs to get a chance to play you again by the way Cov .Cath might get to play you guys first that would be a fun game to watch.

I doubt it will be a fun game to watch, we will see Saturday how close CCH is to playing with HHS.
Ultimaterebelfan Wrote:Actually, you said 'Live it up while you can . The Birds will be coming to Park Hills Sat.' , like CovCath celebrating a win somehow detracted from Highland's greatness. I guess after the Beechwood game, they should've just said 'Oh, no--we have to play Highlands next week. What a meaningless win this was'. I'm sure your warning brought them right back down to earth. And none of this had anything to do with whether or not we play again.

Deep down that is what they're thinking.