Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Big Kid For Ky Elite 6th grade.
We are looking for a big kid around 5'10 or bigger. We are pretty much set with gaurds unless there is somebody who is very very good. We already have 1 big over 5'10 but we need 1 more. 2 would be great. If you have any knowledge on a big in the 6th grade please let me know.
Zach Honaker is a good big from Virgie. Not sure his height but he handles like a guard with good speed.
The Tackett kid from South Floyd is a all-around player he can shoot,handle the ball,and not afraid to take it to the goal
How big is the Thackett kid?
around 5'6 5'7 he can bang with the best of them
The Bentley kid from Whitesburg is probably around 5'10" and is ong and athletic. He has played mostly facing the basket up til this year. Plays harder than kid I've seen play
Caleb Payne- Stinnett Elem. -Big lefty who can play... Tallest kid on their team.
606-374-3641 (School) ask for David Collett
Kaleb Payne is already been playing with ua and yes he is the real deal. I would like more information on the tackett and the bentely kid
PM sent.
Zach Hamilton of Betsy Layne. I'm 5'9 and he looks me eye to eye. He is not just big for his age but also very strong and has good bulk. He can rebound the ball extremely well, has good post moves to the left and right. Also can attack the basket with the dribble. Very easy to coach as well.
Korleone Bailey Frankfort middle legit 6'0 athletic and finishes with both hands around the basket.
We have a 6'0 ft kid and 5'11 kid to go go with another 5'9 kid. So far we are 3-0 against national competition this year. We are wanting one more big who can fight for rebounds and score.
I don't know if the Baily kid is the same kid Coach Kleeofus is talking about that we played against last night (I am assuming he is), but in our 5/6 grade game against Frankfort they had one BIG kid, and I'd say he was over 6'0. Not heavy either, tall with a large frame. Biggest kid I have seen this year by by quite a bit at that grade level.
Do you have any contact information on the Bailey kid?
I think the tackett kids name is J.R. not for sure.Actually he can play any position ya want him to play.He's a real good guard tho.
If you want to see the tackett kid play,South floyd plays esley christian january 3rd at south floyd I forgot his coaches phone # but i will post it on here later if I find it.
But if you want contact info for him I know it
Yes,I agree the tackett kid from South floyd is really good,he really is a all around player can play any spot.
Should get Nick Stidham from Willard. Averages 30 points a game. Best 6th grader in Perry County.
Ive seen the Tackett kid play. Hes ok for a 6th grader but I really have seen much more talented ball players n dont think he is Ky Elite material. He isnt much of a team player n loses the ball alot. He is o.k. for his team he plays with right now, but the best way to see for yourself is to come watch for yourself n btw hes only about 5'4.
Really need to take a look at the Bentley kid from whitesburg. Watched him and the Stinnett kid play at first of year. Great match up. Very similar kids. He is a competitor and doesn't care if he scores 20 or gets 10 assists. He can defend and goes after every ball like his life depended on it. Marvin Boggs his the head coach at Whitesburg. PM me and I'll send you Marvin's contact info.
Bailey sank two big free throws with zero time left in the game to send it into overtime against West Jessamine last night. Frankfort went on to win 55-49 at West Jess.
ATHELETE2 What player you watching how do you get hes 5'4 he's one of the best ball handlers in the county.He dont even try he has A-team
he dont want to weir his self out
I am not going to argue over a child just my opinion n you said it yourself he doesnt even try whats that implying? Ever player that steps on the floor should give a 110% no matter what team they are on. I think hes o.k. for sixth grade but as I was stating there is alot of talented bigs in the county n I dont think he would be a good big. His body size is small for rebounding, He might be a little taller but from the floor he doesnt look that big n besides how many rebounds has he had this yr? Also I watched the Right Beaver classic n he didnt do much for his team that night at all. The four 8th graders pretty much had to do it all. Seriously everytime he had the ball they took it from him. A big should have at least 5 or more rebounds a game with assist n points. I give credit where credit is due he is a good player but really I have seen all the county teams n if the other Tackett boy from Betsylayne would have stayed at South Floyd he probly wouldnt even start on A Team.
ATHLETE2 Your info dont sound to good I.ve watched a few games myself and the Right Beaver Classic being one of them and the Tackett kid looked pretty good and the Johnson boy looked real good the Tackett kid is not a selfish player I'm guessing he had 10 0r more assists that night and he made the Johnson kid look real good, a few of those players musted have played together for a long time I'm guessing by the way they played and knew where each other was on the floor. And as for for the Tackett kid going to BL if you ask me that would have only made that Team if he had stayed at SF I dont know SF coach if he had won two County Tournaments with the same players I would think he wouldn't be dumb enough not to change anything players or plays and stick with his same players and plays as the saying goes if it not broke not fix it. GOOD LUCK ALL COUNTY TEAMS.
Are there any other big over there that are atleast 5'9-5'10 that can play on a national level
Southern ky AAU if your talking about SF and need an 8th I would go with the Johnson kid he is close to 6 ft and the two games I have watched he scored in the 20's and proably 10 0r more rebounds and someone said one of his games he had 31 points and 15 rebounds, can play forward or center will take care of any position a coach puts him in a very hard worker will get you at least 10 rebounds a game.
There is a middle school tournament in Frankfort on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There are 24 teams in sixth, seventh and eighth grades. A lot of talent that has not been mentioned here will be on display.
We are looking for 6th graders.
The 6th grade teams in Frankfort are:
Royal Springs - Georgetown
Anderson County - Lawrenceburg
Lexington Christian
Southern Pulaski - Somerset
Holmes Middle - Covington
Shelby County West
Elkhorn Middle - Frankfort
Leestown Middle - Lexington
Bryan Station - Lexington
Grant County - Dry Ridge