Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 56 Sheldon Clark 14
Final.
Congrats to the Pirates for getting the job done as expected. Who do they play next?
Stardust Wrote:Congrats to the Pirates for getting the job done as expected. Who do they play next?

East Ridge another blowout, and get to play subs, and get ready for Ashland in 2 wks.
Wow, 50-0 at halftime. this one was over during warm ups. Good job Bucs. Some teams rebuild some reload. Sounds like Sheldon Clark is rebuilding. TongueirateSho
Awesome!
Do we have to hear how Belfry run the score up when our freshman scored on a 61 yard run to close out the game? Belfry is looking real good keep it up dont over look east ridge stay healthy get ready for ashland and the: pike central show down. CANT WAIT!:Clap:
lunaticfringe Wrote:Wow, 50-0 at halftime. this one was over during warm ups. Good job Bucs. Some teams rebuild some reload. Sounds like Sheldon Clark is rebuilding. TongueirateSho

Ow. Congrats Belfry! Sounds like the wheels are falling off over at SC, sad to see.
Congrats Pirates on a big district win!
Congrats Belfry.
Sheldon Clark came out fired up and had belfry in a 4th and 2 on their first drive and then belfry scored on it then it was down hill from there
Somebody tell me how good the belfry 2 min drill at the end of the half was. Warren looked good should be great for next year at QB! Not to take away from williams he has been outstanding LUV HIM TOO!!!:Thumbs:
All class from haywood. From what I heard the couldve scored 80.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:All class from haywood. From what I heard the couldve scored 80.

Oh they could have put 90 up it was 30-0 at the end of 1 and 50 at the half.
The QB that came in on the 2 minute drill looked damn good heard some people complaining about it though, But hey its football its what your suppose to do.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Oh they could have put 90 up it was 30-0 at the end of 1 and 50 at the half.
The QB that came in on the 2 minute drill looked damn good heard some people complaining about it though, But hey its football its what your suppose to do.

Sophomore backup QB, starting defense. I wouldn't complain.
Does anyone have final stats on this game?
Congrats Belfry!
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:All class from haywood. From what I heard the couldve scored 80.

Coach Haywood has been in many situations where he could run up the score but refuses to do so. Over 2500 young men have learned those same values over the years. Congrats to Belfry, staff and Coach Phillip Haywood.
Congrats to the Pirates !!
I have been trying to figure out what happened to SC this year and from what I saw tonight, it is all clear now. IMO, the have a horrible line, the stupidest defense I have every seen. Hager cant call plays at all, there special teams is terrible. And for the life of me I can not figure out why 7 is not touching the ball every play or at least almost all the time. This is the kid they were so high on getting and don't use him, not to mention the QB looks more confused than Hager. Oh and it appears they have no depth anywhere. This team looks more like ER than the SC of the past. They better get some stuff work out or they will be watching come playoff time. 10 runs hard, 7 runs fast, and throw the ball a few times. Use that and build off it for the rest of the season and maybe by playoff time they could look like a football team.
Congrats Pirates, Keep rolling and that this team to a State Championship. A lot of player stepped up tonight. This might be one of the most diverse teams I have seen in a while.
Congrats to the pirates, this years team to me looks better than last years team.The pirates is going to be a very hard team to beat.SC must be having a lot of troubles,TALYOR CHAPMAN is an awesome football player, but it looks as though no ONE is playing hard its like they don't want to play for the defensive coach.I hate to see such a talented group of kids having this kind of year.
These are unofficial but close IMO...
Belfry 26 rushes 281 yards
6-7 passing 96 yards and 2 TDs
Sheldon Clark 38 rushes 88 yards
SC -5 yards in first half.
Congrats Pirates
I swore to myself that I wouldn't post regarding this game, but I guess I'm just a brute for punishment.

My heart goes out to the seniors on this team, for most of them have worked extremely hard to become better players, but, at this point, the return on investment is nil.

Last night's debacle was very disappointing, SC made so many mistakes, the snaps were not good, to say the very least. I saw many standing up and watching instead of blocking, and they are getting the backs killed.

Taylor Chapman, Tim Smith, Chase Lafferty, Kristian Skyles, and freshman Trevor Blackburn played hard. But it takes eleven men to make a team. Unfortunately, Lafferty and Skyles were knocked out (literally) and saw no action after the injuries. Another young man, whose name I don't know was also knocked out. I certainly hope and pray that none of these guy's has a concussion.

I have (above) praised Tim Smith's play but I would like to see him add another skill to his repertoire, and that is to block when he doesn't have the ball.

Belfry has an exceptionally good team and a great program. I noticed that they had a least twice as many dressed as did SC. This speaks loudly for what a consistently good program can do for a school. It creates a lot of interest and desire to be a part of the team.

It seems that SC has a plethora of problems and definitely needs to vastly improve.
The only consolation for the Cards is, they are probably the best 0-6 team in the state. Big win Belfry.
It is simple what is happening to SC. Hager does not put the work in that Matney did. It is that simple. I do not think they could get a better coach to come in to that mess though. This has been a steady decline since Matney left but they have had a few good teams mixed in. Last years team was one of the most talented teams SC has had however they did not perform. They have dumbed down their offense and it doesn't work. They are not developing their linemen either. This year is missing the fundamentals that are needed to win. The play calls are a mess too. Does anyone really think they will be any better next year?
YEAH BUDDIE.. go pirates... since jim matney left sheldon clark.. its been downhill ever since.. just another stepping stone for the pirates as we make another run for the 3A State Title..