Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie County 12 Harlan 6
Sounds like a heck of a game! Any stats?
Congrats Eagles
Wow, did I ever read this one wrong!!

Congratulations Leslie County!!
Statement win for the Eagles.

Congrats Leslie Co.
Big win for the Eagles!!!
Outstanding effort by Leslie Co. tonight!!! Defense was lights out... Harlan's high powered offense was never really in a position to score all night, except for the interception on a screen pass, which put them down on the 2 yard line..

Leslie Co. ran the ball all night long.. Leslie's offensive line done a heck of a job run blocking tonight.. Leslie kept shooting themselves in the foot on long drives with dropped passes and a fumble.. But what an effort.. Leslie's D-Line completely shut down Harlan's running game...

Can't wait to hear Dragon's Dad on this one..
Didn't someone suggest a running clock??
The Dragons have been out of sync for two weeks now. Offensively, many many many dropped balls, very uncharacteristic. Very physical game, as it turned out. Harlan defense really turned it up a notch in the second half, but tired as the offense sputtered. Leslie did what they had to do to win, but the Dragons helped that along with mistakes. Now the Green team has two weeks to prepare for their first district game, which is most likely for the district championship with a Hazard team that only lost by a point to Breathitt, who shut out the Somerset team that shut Hazard out last week. Gotta love High School Football. Congrats to Leslie on the win.
I Rule The World Wrote:Outstanding effort by Leslie Co. tonight!!! Defense was lights out... Harlan's high powered offense was never really in a position to score all night, except for the interception on a screen pass, which put them down on the 2 yard line..

Leslie Co. ran the ball all night long.. Leslie's offensive line done a heck of a job run blocking tonight.. Leslie kept shooting themselves in the foot on long drives with dropped passes and a fumble.. But what an effort.. Leslie's D-Line completely shut down Harlan's running game...

Can't wait to hear Dragon's Dad on this one..
Didn't someone suggest a running clock??

I concede. Leslie was the better team tonight. My take on the game was that two teams played a sloppy game tonight and Harlan was the worst of the two. Leslie did run the ball in the first half pretty good but could not seal the deal in the red zone. Harlan's Offense played sloppy all the way through. Harlan's defense played a great second half. Leslie was shut down in the second half until,in the 4th there was a no call on ruffing the punter that would have given Harlan the ball back inside Leslie's 40 with some momentum. But no call. On leslie's last drive they were able to run the ball again and score. I wish Leslie the best the rest of the season. But it was an all around sloppy game as evidence by the score. Leslie was the better team tonight. I never said that Harlan had D-1 anything and certainly never said anything about a running clock. If either of these teams want to do anything in the playoffs they better clean the slop up play up to the best of their ability. As terrible as Harlan played the score should have been 40-0.
The player was blocked into the punter.. It was clear as day, hence, why it was not called..
Was a very sloppy game.. Just was expecting a juggernaught to appear at Leslie Co. tonight.. Harlan just couldn't get the ball to their athletes.. Leslie had an excellent gameplan for them and really completely shutdown the run..

Just good to see someone eat some crow, after they were so convinced of a sure thing...

Leslie is getting better every week.. Hopefully they are not playing their best football until District and playoff time.. Just very happy to have a hat throw in the ring again...
Congrats to leslie co. I didn't see this one coming! HI had better improve during the buy week cause hazard is always tough!
Sounded like a heck of a game. Congrats Leslie Co.
Well this make Wburg look better after they beat LC but lost to Harlan.
Surprised by the outcome of this one.
Is Eddie Melton any relation to Coach Melton that coaches Baseball at Leslie?
They are brothers... russ is the offensive coordinator on the football team as well.
Russell is a class act and im sure Eddie is to.
eagles played a very good game but had a few dropped passes for touchdowns n were a much better team than Harlan was tonight. And when Harlan played Williamsburg they did not have Dalton Sizemore n that explains that
big time Wrote:eagles played a very good game but had a few dropped passes for touchdowns n were a much better team than Harlan was tonight. And when Harlan played Williamsburg they did not have Dalton Sizemore n that explains that

Williamsburg had Dalton sizemore when they played Harlan. If not for the 14th region home cooking Harlan had to eat last night there would have been a different outcome. If Saragas would have been on his game any at all it would have been different. You all got the win and a win is a win,but I'll tell ya if you go to Betsy Layne and play like that you'll lose. They have a better defense than Harlan does. You can't get inside the 20 and fizzle out and that's what you all did time after time or the score would have been more for you. You got lucky last night. Don't take that for granted. Other than Powell Harlan held you to your lowest score of the season. Play like that against Prestonsburg and the score will be 100-0 Blackcat's. It doesn't matter how many yards you run for if you can't finish. You better go to work over the next two weeks and fix the problems. You'll not be playing against 1A teams with 26 players dressed out and only 16 or 17 that play.
I have been telling those kids all week I thought they were going to win. Coach Melton and his staff have the program going in the right direction the right way.

One other quick note no Williamsburg did not have Dalton Sizemore in the Harlan game. Yes he played but only on defense. They had not made the switch at the QB position and he was only in on 4 offensive plays the entire game as a decoy or a blocker and him not playing did make a huge difference in that game.

But I don't wanna make this a williamsburg post, hats off to the kids at Leslie now take the bye week and make sure we got everyone healthy for the stretch.
Congrats Eagles
Williamsburg game wasn't decided by who was quarterback. Leslie game wasn't decided by penalties. It is what it is. Both teams have lots to work on and a whole lot of football to play. As much as both sides love their teams they both have to finish plays. Leslie needs to be able to finish offensively and Harlan needs to wrap up folks and tackle them once they get their hands on them.
kinda shocked both teams were able to hold each other off like they did. goes to show you anything can happen
Leslie Co is excellent vs. the run.. I think this sets them up well against Betsy Lane..
not enough players,didnt get up to speed or hitting on all cylinders blah blah blah theres a saying i hear all across the football world,its NO EXCUSES you lose a game you lose a gae dont make excuses to make you have faith that your team is better then the other,u have your chance to prove who is the better team and you prove it on that friday night in the trenches,excuses get you nowhere but makes youre mind feel better...yes both teams where sloppy i agree but if leslie could have hauled in a few catches and kept there head on in the 2nd half it would have been an ugly game for the green dragons and the ref wouldve ade the right call on the goal line dive bluff td it coulda been a blowout score anyway..but congrats LC and good luck dragons rest of the season
ballwolf54 Wrote:not enough players,didnt get up to speed or hitting on all cylinders blah blah blah theres a saying i hear all across the football world,its NO EXCUSES you lose a game you lose a gae dont make excuses to make you have faith that your team is better then the other,u have your chance to prove who is the better team and you prove it on that friday night in the trenches,excuses get you nowhere but makes youre mind feel better...yes both teams where sloppy i agree but if leslie could have hauled in a few catches and kept there head on in the 2nd half it would have been an ugly game for the green dragons and the ref wouldve ade the right call on the goal line dive bluff td it coulda been a blowout score anyway..but congrats LC and good luck dragons rest of the season

Which is it dude? You say Harlan fans can't get on here and make excuses blah,blah,blah and then you start right into the "what if's" for Leslie. Get this,what if Harlan's offense had've played up to their potential in the game? Leslie Co. would have met the same fate that Williamsburg did. Especially if they had've got the call on that ruffing the punter no call that would have put Harlan first and ten inside of Leslie's 40 yardline. If,if,if,if,if,if,double "if". Leslie was lucky Harlan's offense didn't show up scoring only 12 points like they did. Come on now I know one of you all is going to start. Well I'll get it started for you. If,if,if,if,if,if,if,if,come on all together now. If,if,if......
lion #1 Wrote:Which is it dude? You say Harlan fans can't get on here and make excuses blah,blah,blah and then you start right into the "what if's" for Leslie. Get this,what if Harlan's offense had've played up to their potential in the game? Leslie Co. would have met the same fate that Williamsburg did. Especially if they had've got the call on that ruffing the punter no call that would have put Harlan first and ten inside of Leslie's 40 yardline. If,if,if,if,if,if,double "if". Leslie was lucky Harlan's offense didn't show up scoring only 12 points like they did. Come on now I know one of you all is going to start. Well I'll get it started for you. If,if,if,if,if,if,if,if,come on all together now. If,if,if......

Didn't have nothing to do with Harlan's offense getting started.. Leslie just had an excellent gameplan and executed it and shut Harlan and star QB Saragas down. Period.

And the roughing the punter was the correct call... All the refs saw it, and the Leslie player was blocked into the punter.. This is confirmed by the film.. I'm telling you, Leslie can be a dangerous team, when they put it all together.
I Rule The World Wrote:Didn't have nothing to do with Harlan's offense getting started.. Leslie just had an excellent gameplan and executed it and shut Harlan and star QB Saragas down. Period.

And the roughing the punter was the correct call... All the refs saw it, and the Leslie player was blocked into the punter.. This is confirmed by the film.. I'm telling you, Leslie can be a dangerous team, when they put it all together.

FACT: Leslie Co. has beaten one team with a winning record. That team was 1A. Leslie Co. is 2A. Leslie Co. should beat teams in a lower division. Who in 2A is Leslie Co. dangerous too? Betsy Layne,maybe? I'm sure BL has something to say about that.

PREDICTION: Leslie Co. looses first round of the playoffs. Why? Answer: Leslie won't get to play any 1A teams in the playoffs. Better luck next year!!!
lion #1 Wrote:FACT: Leslie Co. has beaten one team with a winning record. That team was 1A. Leslie Co. is 2A. Leslie Co. should beat teams in a lower division. Who in 2A is Leslie Co. dangerous too? Betsy Layne,maybe? I'm sure BL has something to say about that.

PREDICTION: Leslie Co. looses first round of the playoffs. Why? Answer: Leslie won't get to play any 1A teams in the playoffs. Better luck next year!!!

I didn't say they were gonna win the state championship.. I said they couild be a dangerous team when they put it all together.. WHEN they put it all together, which they haven't yet..

They continue to improve every week.. Thats all you can ask for as a fan..Seeing the team you support get better.. If you are aggravated because I support this team, then sorry for you..
Congrats Leslie Co.!!!
I Rule The World Wrote:Didn't have nothing to do with Harlan's offense getting started.. Leslie just had an excellent gameplan and executed it and shut Harlan and star QB Saragas down. Period.

Especially if you ask the official on the Leslie Co. sideline and the back judge. Did they graduate from Leslie or just best friends with the coaching staff? During the lighting problem they were all buddied up; laughing and joking around: not very professional if you ask me.
leslie won the game thats all that matters. it was not roughing the punter. no matter if the score was 12 to 6 a win is a win