Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who has the best jv team in the 15th???
??? any opinions
Pikeville
My only opinion is it's JV and only JV.
You can't compare JV's and learn anything because some teams are playing JV age players on the varsity and JV is a glorified practice for the younger non-starters.
i think sf when they have justin slone, jc was a great team and sf beat them by 27, the triple threat little, little, and slone combined for 48 of the teams 57 points , i watched them play er the other night and didnt have slone and they looked horrible ryan little only got about 5 touches the whole game this kid can score at will and didnt get the ball, m.little from what ive seen is explosive off the ball in jv but when ive saw him on varsity he looks nervous and isnt offensive set in mind just like wes hall id say sf when the 2 littles are both playing well
P-burgs JV is pretty good considering they usually start all freshmen.
Well if the JV players (age wise) really played, Paintsville would clean house, SF had an alright JV squad but they played a few juniors.
i heard ethan johnson may play jv for sf..any know if its true?
if he does sf will be tough
I agree spxdad. Some schools play only freshman and sophs on JV and other play all varsity except starters. I would say East Ridge has a good JV but play varsity, Sf is another good JV team that plays a lot of varsity. Pburg competes and has a winning record and they don't play any varsity players, mostly start all freshman or at least three freshman with two sophs. I think a couple of varsity players have played in 2 games.
South Floyd
Shelby Valley
South Floyd is good but they only play 1 or 2 freshmen 1 sophmore and the rest juniors. I think SF needs to let the juniors stick to Varsity and leave the JV game for the younger guys and allow them to get some experience.
IMO im going out on a limb and going with a 12-1 Pike Central ball team. They are very quick and have a very nice transition game. Another very good JV ball club is Betsy Layne they play mostly Freshman mayb all feshman they have very nice size inside.
Shelby Valley no doubt they are undefeated!!! Big Grin
"blackcat" Wrote:P-burgs JV is pretty good considering they usually start all freshmen.

They have some talent.....
Shelby Valley by far...
"alfus21" Wrote:Shelby Valley by far...

Not by far becasue i believe they only beat Pikeville's JV by 3 or 4 points!
"dirty30" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:Shelby Valley by far...

Not by far becasue i believe they only beat Pikeville's JV by 3 or 4 points!

I believe I bolded the keywords for you....
Hey alfus how many of those kids are hold backs though?? LOL :lol:
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Hey alfus how many of those kids are hold backs though?? LOL :lol:

Hey 15th gimme a break..What school doesn't have holdbacks playing sports?
"ThE AnSwEr" Wrote:South Floyd is good but they only play 1 or 2 freshmen 1 sophmore and the rest juniors. I think SF needs to let the juniors stick to Varsity and leave the JV game for the younger guys and allow them to get some experience.

Good point. They only play the 3 freshman Wes Akers, Colby Hayes, and Justin Isaac. Lyle Johnson is the only sophmore on the team and he starts. Now that Justin Slone and Brock Slone is gone, the starters are...
Wes Akers-Freshman
Lyle Johnson-Sophmore
T.J Hall-Junior
Matt Little-Junior
Ryan Little-Junior
Hey alfus give me one kid from pike central who is a hold back and plays b-ball
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Hey alfus give me one kid from pike central who is a hold back and plays b-ball

Maybe that's why Pike Central is going to the dumpster in basketball too..
62-60???? Pike Central to the dumpster, whats that saying for Valley?
From the ones I have seen Shelby Valley. I really like their coach, in all honesty I think he is better that their varsity coach.
I think Pikeville is pretty impressive.
Hey alfus how is central in the dumpsters when we made it to the Regional Finals last year where did Valley make it not even out of the first round and as the way their playing right now its wide open once again this year
15thRegionSlamaBamma
Wake Forest wrote
IMO im going out on a limb and going with a 12-1 Pike Central ball team. They are very quick and have a very nice transition game. Another very good JV ball club is Betsy Layne they play mostly Freshman mayb all feshman they have very nice size inside.

Jc beat pc by alot and sf beat jc by 27 who would win between the sf team and the pc team, some1 from the sf school has told me that justin slone is coming back with his ability to score he helps the raiders out and i also heard the ryan will not play nemore therefore the other little will have to pick up the slack and work extra hard on defense and the boards from what ive seen he isnt much of a rebounder but he has great defense and great offense when his head is in the game instead of the stands he looks in the stands alot when he is doing bad thinking some1 is going to say something to him he needs to stop and he will be the best player on the team imo
Age wise I'd have to go with Paintsville. They start 5 kids on Varsity that are either 16 years old or younger on their varsity when everyone is healthy. However, I'd go with Valley's dominance. With the Honaker (sp??) twins in Pikeville, the talent at Valley and Paintsville, then the 15th should be competitive for years to come.
yea they are...
they've got alot of talent and are really good
i feel that south floyd has the best jv team because theses kids play team ball-but loosing jut slone really hurt them....but lyle johnson and tj hall really picked it up