Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubby's New System
Tubby Smith is working on a point system to see which players deserve a spot in the starting five and tonight's game began that.

Will it work?
He needs to do something.
Yeah I think it couldn't hurt...Players that want it the most, need to be in there showing what Kentucky basketball is all about...You have to care about winning to actually win so i dont see what it can hurt...
I didn't get to see the first of the game tonight, what was the starting line up?
its called a grading system. my coach did that in high school. you earn points for hustle plays, defense, rebounds, anything positive. you lose points for turnovers, fouls...
he should have been doin this all year.
who started? and If i was guessing I bet sparks was the 1st to have a seat ....
"football05" Wrote:who started? and If i was guessing I bet sparks was the 1st to have a seat ....

stockton
sparks
moss
perry
obrzut

and your wrong about patrick, he was playing inspired basketball and didnt sit til the 9 minute mark i think. he played 16 minutes in the first half.
Actually Sparks kept his start streak alive.

The starting lineup consisted of:
Patrick Sparks
Brandon Stockton
Lukasz Obrzut
Ravi Moss
Bobby Perry

That's what it was if I remember correctly.
I liked what he did, did Bradley play at all I watched the game but don't think I seen him play.
I think it was a great idea. And yes UKGIRL@) Bradley played. I just hope we can do something to turn this season around in a hurry. Time is running out to make the tourny. GO CATS!
Rondo didn't start that game nor did he deserve to. He sucked yet again. He was number 4 in the SEC for field goal percentage but he can't shoot worth a plug nickel. He missed his foul shots again last night and luckily they weren't crucial to the game like they were before...I love the new system personally.
I think the system works well and it was proven with a W. I agree that Tubby should have done this all year long. Hopefully Tubby keeps it up and maybe UK can pull out some big wins for there Tourney Resume.
26 turn overs says it all..
I liked the way they started but they still need to work on the FT's and passing.
"Cameron Crazy" Wrote:26 turn overs says it all..

that doesnt say it all....had we lost that would have said it all, but throughout the entire game there was no doubt UK would win.
Haha,
I'm sure there was plenty of doubt in the remaining minutes. Point said, they should have killed Georgia. 26 turnovers is horrible...[sarcasm]Did Orbzut have like 16 of them[/sarcasm]
"corndog23" Wrote:that doesnt say it all....had we lost that would have said it all, but throughout the entire game there was no doubt UK would win.
Nahhh there was never doubt. Not even with UK was up by 11, had their lead cut down to 4, quickly got down by 1...never AAAAANY doubt it my mind.
what new system? same old Tubby ball to me. And it dont matter, they'll still get pounded by Florida, UT and LSU before the SEC tourney begins.
The starters and ones earning playing time ARE different in all honesty.