•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of the 15th region, who has the best middle school
[quote]How much did they beat Dorton by?[/quot

All 3 Dorton games up to this point were all desided by around 5 points and if it was more was b/c Dorton had to foul to regain poss. Dorton is another scare but both feed into SV so doesnt nececerialy matter lol.
Virgie Middle School should be the best school around considering the fact that they play close to 100 games a year if not more with AAU. Perhaps that is why the high school team has so much trouble with kids quitting, they are getting burnt out early on. Virgie is also notorious for the hold backs. I know they have three players each held back 2 years, its a big difference playing against 13 yr. olds when your 15. Seriously how many teams at the middle school level has 6 ft. kids, they shouldn't lose a game!
South Floyd will have a great team in years to come. All of the boys are great players and tough competetors. I think that they will have the district and possibly the region covered for the next few years.

Big Grin
PooFace yeah there is a diffrence in playing against 13 yr olds and 15 yr olds but every school has the choice of holding kids back and they choose not to. But i do agree that something does need to b done about this. But until something is done about it we cant argue it, all though i did earlier.
south floyd has about 5 players over 6ft and 4 of them can grab rim
"sf1" Wrote:south floyd has about 5 players over 6ft and 4 of them can grab rim

Virgie has 3 players dunking right now(even if they can only do it with girls balls)
Virgie is the best middle school in the 15th and probably one of the top teams in the state. Dorton is right behind them with a few more losses but all to great competition. Virgie has one of the best front lines I have seen on the middle school team and Dorton has the best set of guards I have EVER seen at this level. Bar none. I have also saw Johnson Central this season and they are really tough, they split with Dorton early in the year.
On second thought Virgie may be the best Middle School team in the state and thats no exaggeration.
who are virgie's best players
"alfus21" Wrote:

Virgie has 3 players dunking right now(even if they can only do it with girls balls)

SFMS has a 14 yr old kid who is dunking, (with a boys ball even) and rumor has it, he already broke a goal at BL. When did middle school boy ballplayers play with girls basketballs?
"alfus21" Wrote:
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Virgie is by far the best grade school team they havent lost to a Kentucky team sooooooooo i think that sums it up lol

Haha..Yeah that should say it all right there..This team is scary...

what are the ages of this undeafeatable virgie middle school players?
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:

SFMS has a 14 yr old kid who is dunking, (with a boys ball even) and rumor has it, he already broke a goal at BL. When did middle school boy ballplayers play with girls basketballs?

Never, They just dunked around with em' a bit...There must be a big bull runnning loose in here because that story you shit said was BS.
Virgies bsest players are as follows:
Ashley i cant remember his last name-he is a 6ft 7th grader has very nice hands and a very nice shot he loves the one touch passes to the other big kid down low he can also handle the ball nicely for a big man.

The Newsome kid everyone calls him Bacon he is probley the best all around player his passes are very fluent and his shot is preety good also.

Best defencive honors go to Daniel Harmon hes not the best shot on the team but loves to play defence and gets alot of steals he has a very nice transition game. This kid also LOVES to drive and then either kick it to Tyler Tackett i think is the kids name or loves to dump it while in the air.
"alfus21" Wrote:
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:

Never, They just dunked around with em' a bit...There must be a big bull runnning loose in here because that story you (*&ampWink*(& said was BS.

at the betsy layne/south floyd high school game the night after the boy broke the rim, they had to change them between the girls game and the boys game. i seen that myself along with everyone that was at betsy laynes homecoming game. so i guess everyone that seen that is full of BS too?
even the allen central rebels with there varsity player josh prater wasnt enough to deafeat the raiders in a highly heated contest last night at stumbo. lets all hear it for the mighty raiders
I also saw him break the rim. They did have to change it in between the girls and boys games. I asked Dev about it later and he said "I didn't mean too" :lol: South Floyd looks pretty good in the future. :lol: Big Grin
how about them raiders winning the floyd county tournament over allen central. going undeafeted in the conference and then winning the floyd county title. ther defense was great. kyle howell and jody tackett really lit it up for the defense. 1 problem with the raiders was that they shoot 2 many 3 pointers and only made 2. sfms is the best middle school in eastern kentucky.
Virgie and Dorton both are better than South Floyd. They have more talent and more athletic kids. South Floyd is lucky they didnt have to play either of these teams. And with both of them being feeder schools for Valley, the future of Valleys team looks good.
"raidersalltheway" Wrote:how about them raiders winning the floyd county tournament over allen central. going undeafeted in the conference and then winning the floyd county title. ther defense was great. kyle howell and jody tackett really lit it up for the defense. 1 problem with the raiders was that they shoot 2 many 3 pointers and only made 2. sfms is the best middle school in eastern kentucky.

How many times did they lose this year?
They lost 2 games when some key players did not play
they only lost 2 games 1 because the refs over at allen central was bad and then later on those refs got suspended for black ball and the other because 8 of ther players were eneligable
Something that accounted for only making 2 3's all night was the fact that the best(by far) 3's point shooter is a 7th grader and in the 2nd quarter when the coach put him in he never got to touch the ball while the others missed a lay-up and 3 3's 2 where air balls, with the 7th grader standing wide open. Glad to see them pull it out and I think if they where not nervous it might have been a blow out. but 19-2 and a floyd county championship is Great
last 4year in the floyd county tournament.
South Floyd has won 2 and MCA (paintsville middle) has won 2
that 7th grader is a good shooter but that is all he does when he gets the ball he dont evr pass or nothing all he does is shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot. he cant do nothing else. the best defensive player is kyle howell and as everyone knows defense wins champinships and he was a big help in winning the game. if he can get his offense just a little bit better he would be unstopable.
here is a list of players from good to bad on the sfms team:
1.Deven Adams
2.Chad Patrick
3.Jody Tackett
4.Adam Slone
5.Kyle Howell
6.Brandon Tackett
7.Morgan Mullins
8.Matt Tackett
9.Raymond Jones
10.Shanon Turner
11.Johnathon Cochran
12.Jimmy Skeens
13.Jordan Moore
14.Chris Gibson
15.Josh Blevins
"raidersalltheway" Wrote:they only lost 2 games 1 because the refs over at allen central was bad and then later on those refs got suspended for black ball and the other because 8 of ther players were eneligable

I wouldn't buy that excuse for 2 cents...haha...

2 games? Funny, Virgie hasn't lost....
Ok Alfus, What is your problem?...Why do you always put down South Floyd? You have put down the high now starting with the middle school. SF middle has a VERY impressive ball team. Nobody puts down Virgie or your precios Wildcats. 2 game?..what is wrong with that?..Absoulty NOTHING! And why wouldn't you believe that..i know for a FACT it is the truth....So calm down a little, there are other teams that can succed beside Shelby Vally.
For some reason, I must go with alfus on this one, Virgie is the best middle school followed by Dorton and JC. I watched two games last night the Floyd County C team finals and Middle school finals. The middle school game was the worst middle school final I have seen in at least 5 years. Those two team could not have even played with the final four teams in Floyd County the last two years. Neither team had a shooter, I think there was maybe 4-5 shoots made outside the paint all night from both teams combined. Both teams had way to many turnovers, I have never seen so many kids not be able to handle the ball, walks called seems every other possession. I think the score was like 35-30 or something close. I had herd of this great SF middle team and did not see it at all. They do have some good players and the best being a transfer from Pburg, Jody Tackett. Adams is good but needs a lot of work on the post. I have seen Virgie, Dorton and JC for many years and SF could play a close game with either.
okay raidersalltheway you are either a parent or players and did not say he was the best player but someone was saying they could not make a three and a shooter even if you say that is all he does should have been called to shoot. I would only disagree with your list by having Adam at 4 because without him running the team this year you do not win the county. I believe all of these young men should be proud and can not wait to see them at the next level.
littlej i agree that the 7th was put in to make the 3 point shot and no they didnt pass the ball to him because who ever was playin point had to drive cause if they would haved passed ac would have stole it cause of the small floor. u can stand in 1 place and guard at least 3 people.
"Varsity Player" Wrote:Ok Alfus, What is your problem?...Why do you always put down South Floyd? You have put down the high now starting with the middle school. SF middle has a VERY impressive ball team. Nobody puts down Virgie or your precios Wildcats. 2 game?..what is wrong with that?..Absoulty NOTHING! And why wouldn't you believe that..i know for a FACT it is the truth....So calm down a little, there are other teams that can succed beside Shelby Vally.

lol..People always put down Shelby Valley and say they aren't that great.....I am doing this because South Floyd fans are bringing on to themselves...Talk about biased...At least Shelby Valley really is the best when I say it, hahaha
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next