•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future of the 15th region, who has the best middle school
Is Virgie playing in the middle school state tourney.
I know South Floyd is...
"youknowwhoibe" Wrote:And one of those loses in football was when they were totally dominated by Pikeville my 7th grade year. Virgie thought they were so great and thought they would place us since we had lost some games that year, then we beat them 48-6

I know last year they played Pikeville has well and spanked Pikeville 26-0...hahah...
"kyfootballfan" Wrote:Virgie jus came out with some shirt that quoted
163-19
from 1999-2005 complete domination

imo the did not hold everyone back in those years so they have the best middle school program at the moment

and the have also only lost 2 games in football since 1999 so there has been an influx of talent through there

1999 is when Newsome took over the program and it's been complete domination since, well even before that really....I know in 98-99 my team went 24-1 to start that record Big Grin
Ok, I get confussed on this, is SV a 2A or single A school now? I thought they was 2A in football...
Lets get some opinions on who the best point guard, center, shooters, and defence players are in the middle school this year...
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:
"raider_balla" Wrote:
"alfus21" Wrote:
"raider_balla" Wrote:i agree with u BasketBallonlyfan that sf would win if they played virgie.

lol

yeh it is very funny about how bad virgie is.

raider, virgie does have a good middle school team, but facts are facts... at SFMS there ages are:

Adams Slone, 14
Jody Tackett, 14
Deven Adams, 14
Chad Patrick, 14
Brandon Tacket, 14
Kyle Howell, 14

lets hear the ages for the virgie middle school team? But virgie does have a good middle school ball club. I am not taking anything away from them at all, but I dont think they can hold up to the size or the determination of SFMS team

How come no one will ever post the ages of the virgie middle school program???
harmon is the only contibuter to virgie that is over 15 the rest are 14 and under
Quote:Is Virgie playing in the middle school state tourney.

im pretty sure that they are.
virgie and dorton both are in it... anyone know anything about Meyzeek (sp?) school right outside of l-ville?

Posted Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:40 pm:

but one this is without question along with the title of this tread... here is the best middle school team in Floyd County....
I think south floyd would beat virgie because they would have to double team adams which would leave someone else wide open and south floyd shoots the ball pretty well
"sf1" Wrote:I think south floyd would beat virgie because they would have to double team adams which would leave someone else wide open and south floyd shoots the ball pretty well

No offense but just by looking at South Floyds team I can almost guaruntee they couldn't beat Virgie or Dorton...
why is that?
"alfus21" Wrote:
"sf1" Wrote:I think south floyd would beat virgie because they would have to double team adams which would leave someone else wide open and south floyd shoots the ball pretty well

No offense but just by looking at South Floyds team I can almost guaruntee they couldn't beat Virgie or Dorton...

alphus, why are you not a pro or college scout if you can just look at a picture and tell if someone can play or not... think if the expense you could save people
Ok. I heard alot of talk of how good MCA was last year with Landon Slone. Dorton waltzed in to South Floyd and beta them by 20+. I will absolutely guarantee that Dorton or Virgie would beat SF. I wish we copuld just play them and show them how much better the Pike County Middle Schools are than the Floyd. It's not even close and hasn't been for a long time. Just remember MCA was supposed to be tough last year and we drilled them. Dorton and Virgie both went to a big tourney in Lousiville at the beginning of the season and finished #1 and #2 and there were alot of big time schools there. If you want to see the best two teams in the area go to Belfry tomorrow night and watch Dorton vs Virgie for the County Championship. Dorton has the best set of guards I have ever seen at the Middle School level. I would love to see them tear up the South Floyd backcourt.

Also, someone said Belfry Middle would have been tough? and Turkey Creek was a power? Dorton beat Turkey Creek 60-9 taking it easy on them...
how could dorton walz into south floyd and beat them by 20 when dorton never played south floyd
"sf1" Wrote:how could dorton walz into south floyd and beat them by 20 when dorton never played south floyd
Dorton played MCA at South Floyd right before the regular season last year. Dorton wiped the floor with MCA by 20+ even with the mighty Landon Slone.
i had forgotten about that game
"sf1" Wrote:i had forgotten about that game
The thing is Dorton is probably just as good this year.
As far as Floyd county schools are concerned Dorton only beat Adams middle last year by a couple of points at Dorton. And I agree Virgie and Dorton are good teams and I thought last years top 4 Floyd County teams could have beat the top two this year in Floyd Couonty. But SF does have a pretty good team in middle this year. Still think Virgie and Dorton are a little better.
i dont know if dorton could tear up south floyds backcourt because sf guards are quick and can handle the ball very well
you cant tell how one team would do by playing a comon team, the matchups are totally different. Yes MCA was good in floyd county last year, but that was last year. MCA, SF, Virgie, Dorton, all have a new look to them... The match ups from one team to another are not the same at all. I just think that for a middle school, SF is hard for any team to match up against with there size and quickness....
I don't know anything about the Dorton or Virgie teams and not alot about the Floyd County teams but do they hold their kids back a year. Just honestly wondering because at that level it makes quite a bit of difference.
i know the SF team is all 14 yr olds... some barely 14... so if they was in pike county, they would all be 7th graders... LMAO

Posted Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:15 pm:

but to compair last years SF team to this years... last year there offense was basically akers shooting 5 and 10 foot behind the 3 point line.... this year, no player is averaging double figures, but 4 are averaging 9 points or better... 9 averageing 5 or better... so that is the difference in last years team and this year. you cant compair two totally different teams with what they did last year...
"Instant Offense" Wrote:Ok. I heard alot of talk of how good MCA was last year with Landon Slone. Dorton waltzed in to South Floyd and beta them by 20+. I will absolutely guarantee that Dorton or Virgie would beat SF. I wish we copuld just play them and show them how much better the Pike County Middle Schools are than the Floyd. It's not even close and hasn't been for a long time. Just remember MCA was supposed to be tough last year and we drilled them. Dorton and Virgie both went to a big tourney in Lousiville at the beginning of the season and finished #1 and #2 and there were alot of big time schools there. If you want to see the best two teams in the area go to Belfry tomorrow night and watch Dorton vs Virgie for the County Championship. Dorton has the best set of guards I have ever seen at the Middle School level. I would love to see them tear up the South Floyd backcourt.

Also, someone said Belfry Middle would have been tough? and Turkey Creek was a power? Dorton beat Turkey Creek 60-9 taking it easy on them...

Give up Instant O....South Floyd will never realize how tough Virgie and Dorton really are this year....Id love to see comploete schedule and results of Dorton and Virgie and see how bad they've beaten everybody...
i have watched virgie and dorton both play alfus... have you ever watched SF play? virgie and dorton have good teams... either one are able to beat SF on any night, just the same as SF can beat either of them on any night. what do you think there coaches say, "ok boys, we are playin a floyd county team, you know talent stops at the top of abner mountian, so dont break a sweat" i am just saying, that any night, any team can be beaten by any team.

if a month ago, i would have posted that SC would beat SV, i would have been laughed out of this forum... but not now... so dont think that because they are from virgie or dorton, no team can touch them from around here.

and as far as MCA goes last year, they didnt go undeafeated in the county and win the championship in the same year. if a team overlooks a team, the odds are they are going to get beat. Like this year in the floyd county tourney, betsy layne with a good team overlooked stumbo... so, AC played stumbo for the semi finals... looking over a team is a very bad thing to do, and if you was a player or knew half of what you think you know about ball, you would realize that too.................
Virgie and Dorton always seem to have great basketball programs. Hopefully they just won't lose the heart when they get up into high school.
"alfus21" Wrote:
"Instant Offense" Wrote:Ok. I heard alot of talk of how good MCA was last year with Landon Slone. Dorton waltzed in to South Floyd and beta them by 20+. I will absolutely guarantee that Dorton or Virgie would beat SF. I wish we copuld just play them and show them how much better the Pike County Middle Schools are than the Floyd. It's not even close and hasn't been for a long time. Just remember MCA was supposed to be tough last year and we drilled them. Dorton and Virgie both went to a big tourney in Lousiville at the beginning of the season and finished #1 and #2 and there were alot of big time schools there. If you want to see the best two teams in the area go to Belfry tomorrow night and watch Dorton vs Virgie for the County Championship. Dorton has the best set of guards I have ever seen at the Middle School level. I would love to see them tear up the South Floyd backcourt.

Give up Instant O....South Floyd will never realize how tough Virgie and Dorton really are this year....Id love to see comploete schedule and results of Dorton and Virgie and see how bad they've beaten everybody...

I agree,virgie and dorton are very tough teams, i just think south floyd could play with either one of them.
i agree alfus south floys could give virgie and dorton a good game
Elkhorn has a really good team
i mean sf1

Posted Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:24 pm:

who cares about elkhorn???????????????
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next