Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Famous Coach Charlie Adkins Quotes or Stories!
There was one time .. when the team had a practice while they were in florida.. back in the 70's.. well coach's son keith was out with them.. the baseball field was real close to the playground of a local elementary school.. well the team had just got through and the teacher was callin for her kids to come in.. well the tacher yelled for keith and keith said im not with u guys im w/ the team.. and coach adkins said the hell he is .. i dont even know the little shit..lol.. keith then started cryin.. and ran to the team..lol..

Last year in drivers ed.. a girl in my group was parallel parking.. in the impala.. well we parked by this house that was occupied by the old lady.. well while we were parked coach was talkin bout something.. and the lady opened the back door and started to get in.. coach jumped and said ,"what in the hell r u doing?''.. the lady said oops im sorry and coach gd right ur sorry.. and thelady said my daughter in law has the same car as u guys.. im sorry!.. coach looked back at us and said, "close the damn door, lets get the hell out of here.. "..

those were some good times.. but this is a good topic to post on.. wish people would tell some more.. this is great for entertainment.!
[quote author=Err Is Human link=topic=19422.msg211512#msg211512 date=1142389891]
There was one time .. when the team had a practice while they were in florida.. back in the 70's.. well coach's son keith was out with them.. the baseball field was real close to the playground of a local elementary school.. well the team had just got through and the teacher was callin for her kids to come in.. well the tacher yelled for keith and keith said im not with u guys im w/ the team.. and coach adkins said the hell he is .. i dont even know the little shit..lol.. keith then started cryin.. and ran to the team..lol..

Last year in drivers ed.. a girl in my group was parallel parking.. in the impala.. well we parked by this house that was occupied by the old lady.. well while we were parked coach was talkin bout something.. and the lady opened the back door and started to get in.. coach jumped and said ,"what in the hell r u doing?''.. the lady said oops im sorry and coach gd right ur sorry.. and thelady said my daughter in law has the same car as u guys.. im sorry!.. coach looked back at us and said, "close the damn door, lets get the hell out of here.. "..

those were some good times.. but this is a good topic to post on.. wish people would tell some more.. this is great for entertainment.!
[/quote]He really sounds like a classy guy. Rolleyes
[quote author=Dolphinsfan link=topic=19422.msg211649#msg211649 date=1142395925]
Quote:

Apparently you didn't read my very first post!  Let me remind you.

In NO way is this thread intended to make fun or bash Coach Adkins what so ever. Just great stories of a Great Coach. Who we will miss seeing (and hearing) in the dugout this year and many years to come. Good Luck Coach Adkins!

So unless you have a good or funy story to tell, just keep you mouth shut. This has been a great thread untill this post.  BUT, there is ALWAYS one!
So to everyone else, just keep telling them stories because they are awesome and funny!  Thanks for the great memories coach!
[quote author=Ridge Runner link=topic=19422.msg212267#msg212267 date=1142488184]
Quote:

In NO way is this thread intended to make fun or bash Coach Adkins what so ever. Just great stories of a Great Coach. Who we will miss seeing (and hearing) in the dugout this year and many years to come. Good Luck Coach Adkins!

So unless you have a good or funy story to tell, just keep you mouth shut. This has been a great thread untill this post.  BUT, there is ALWAYS one!
So to everyone else, just keep telling them stories because they are awesome and funny!  Thanks for the great memories coach!
[/quote] Sorry, I didn't realize the great character it takes for a big brute of a man to cuss out a defenseless little old lady. Great awesome story... My apologies.
[quote author=Dolphinsfan link=topic=19422.msg212301#msg212301 date=1142514749]
[quote author=Ridge Runner link=topic=19422.msg212267#msg212267 date=1142488184]
Quote:

[/quote] Sorry, I didn't realize the great character it takes for a big brute of a man to cuss out a defenseless little old lady. Great awesome story... My apologies.

[/quote]
[quote author=Dolphinsfan link=topic=19422.msg212303#msg212303 date=1142515292]
[quote author=Dolphinsfan link=topic=19422.msg212301#msg212301 date=1142514749]
Quote:

[/quote]
[/quote] OK then, I'll give my account on a really great funny story.

Hey, I remember the time when we were playing a game that meant absolutely nothing and a really great kid made an error out in the field and he cussed and embarrassed that kid in front of the whole world and made the kid feel like he was about an inch tall. just one of those funny things that come from the lips of a really great man that you never forget and keep sacred.

Those were the days.
There's one in every crowd!
[quote author=Youngerthandirt link=topic=19422.msg212313#msg212313 date=1142518323]
[/quote]Yeah and you probably need to worry a little more about the mess you've got on the hardwood and less about what I say about this subject. You've got more problems than you can shake a stick at. Rolleyes Maybe 2 more self appointed assistant coaches for every player will help get the ship righted. :lol:

Oh and btw the story that I mentioned about Adkins is one of those stories that I will never forget (or forgive) either there, my important feeling pal. :bow: That story will always hold a special place in my heart. Just dont forget, what goes around comes around.
you have got to be the biggest baby ever.  you must not have been worth a damn then
[quote author=Dolphinsfan link=topic=19422.msg212343#msg212343 date=1142520402]
[quote author=Youngerthandirt link=topic=19422.msg212313#msg212313 date=1142518323]
[/quote]Yeah and you probably need to worry a little more about the mess you've got on the hardwood and less about what I say about this subject. You've got more problems than you can shake a stick at. Rolleyes Maybe 2 more self appointed assistant coaches for every player will help get the ship righted. :lol:

Oh and btw the story that I mentioned about Adkins is one of those stories that I will never forget (or forgive) either there, my important feeling pal. :bow: That story will always hold a special place in my heart. Just dont forget, what goes around comes around.
[/quote]

Quote:
Quote:
OK then, I'll give my account on a really great funny story.

Hey, I remember the time when we were playing a game that meant absolutely nothing and a really great kid made an error out in the field and he cussed and embarrassed that kid in front of the whole world and made the kid feel like he was about an inch tall. just one of those funny things that come from the lips of a really great man that you never forget and keep sacred.

Those were the days. :no:
dude wtf!!!!.. go post somewhere else!
I guess somebody didn't get much playing time or something.

Quote:

Dirt was right! There is always one.  And you're the one and only! Pathetic man.  Go some where else and post.  PLEASE  Rolleyes
[quote author=FUPA link=topic=19422.msg212719#msg212719 date=1142578452]
I guess somebody didn't get much playing time or something.
[/quote] :lol:
[quote author=Err Is Human link=topic=19422.msg212593#msg212593 date=1142556647]

Quote:
Quote:
OK then, I'll give my account on a really great funny story.

Those were the days. :no:
dude wtf!!!!.. go post somewhere else!
[/quote]Perfect example. It breeds. :lol:
[quote author=halfstep link=topic=19422.msg212733#msg212733 date=1142588497]

Quote:

Dirt was right! There is always one.  And you're the one and only! Pathetic man.  Go some where else and post.  PLEASE  Rolleyes

[/quote]

Whoa there , now that's classic. All this criticism coming from a guy that gets on here and lambasts his daughter's cheerleading sponser, and then if that's not enough his wife gets on here and really lowers the boom on her. My but aren't we self righteous today. :bow:

Which color you wearing this week?  :lol:
[quote author=Dolphinsfan link=topic=19422.msg212754#msg212754 date=1142602075]
[/quote]

Whoa there , now that's classic. All this criticism coming from a guy that gets on here and lambasts his daughter's cheerleading sponser, and then if that's not enough his wife gets on here and really lowers the boom on her. My but aren't we self righteous today. :bow:

Quote:

BLUE AS ALWAYS!  This thread don't have a F#@$'n thing to do with cheerleading.  Shows what world you are in!  All you ever do is jump from thread to thread poking a smart ass comment at someone and causing threads to stray off course.  Well you have succeeded. Buy the way.  Why didn't you ever PM me back?  I also left my phone number but no call came.  I can also see that you haven't changed by always wanting to drag peoples families into things instead of responding to the one who is doing the talking to you!  BIG MAN!  Grow up!
By the way this will be my last response to anything you ever say because you aren't worth my time!
I agree with Halfstep, Go cry on another topic, oh wait you probably already are
[quote author=halfstep link=topic=19422.msg213315#msg213315 date=1142661763]
[quote author=Dolphinsfan link=topic=19422.msg212754#msg212754 date=1142602075]
[/quote]

Quote:

BLUE AS ALWAYS!  This thread don't have a F#@$'n thing to do with cheerleading.  Shows what world you are in!  All you ever do is jump from thread to thread poking a smart ass comment at someone and causing threads to stray off course.  Well you have succeeded. Buy the way.  Why didn't you ever PM me back?  I also left my phone number but no call came.  I can also see that you haven't changed by always wanting to drag peoples families into things instead of responding to the one who is doing the talking to you!  BIG MAN!  Grow up!
By the way this will be my last response to anything you ever say because you aren't worth my time!
[/quote]Ok just remember that when you start deepfrying hard working ladies that try their best to do a good job and have kids best interests at heart, that those people may have family members too , that dont enjoy seeing their family members bashed publicly. I bet you never thought about that during your time of rage did you? Your a fine one to talk.BIG MAN! Grow up! But I'm done with this so carry on. Truce on my part.
Many of you are much too young to know or remember that Coach Adkins coached the Girl's Basketball team in 1978. I will never forget the time we were behind at half time and he was giving the girl's the same lines he gave the boys. (I've heard both!) and the PA system came on in the locker room and it started playing the song "Take this Job and Shove It" He had to quit talking (yelling) and sent us back out on the floor.:igiveup:

We often had baseball practice during Girl's basketball practice that year.
jackson5 Wrote:well i guess i will start it off. back in the early 90's paintsville always went to flordia for a spring break baseball tourny, well they had a day off so they were on there way to disney world and they staoped at mcdonalds for food before they went to the park. when they got back on the bus they were a minute away from the park when one of the players hit the bus driver (adkins) with a chicken nugget, well he stoped the bus and truned and it around and said there will be no f**king mickey mouse today.
i am lmao that is so funny man coach rocked
Yep... when he coached the "Comets", he used to hold this white towel... he'd throw it up in the air when he was getting perturbed. Once he threw it up and it never came down... it draped over the speaker on the side of the stage! We all were cracking up @ him!
Well anything he said was funny. AS long as he was mad his voice was hilarious.

"POP-UP IN PAINTSVILLE FEILD"
"YOU COULDN'T HIT IT OUT OF A SILO"
Or "You couldn't hit it if stopped!"....LOL!!!!