Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 69 Pike Central 61
Final.

Does anyone have stats for this game?
Pburg gets a good win on the road. Congrats
Congrats P-burg. Does anyone have any stats?
BCF4L?
John Mark Stephens and Jesse Chaffins played a good game tonight, I pretty sure that they lead the team
congrats jackie day
No stats from me. I just now got on here to see who won the game. I went to the All-A tonight. Figured it would actually be worth watching. It was very exciting.
Congrats to the burg. Tough place to get a win.
Good win for the Blackcats...........Some stats.

P'burg:
Compton 13 pts 5 reb
Barnette 12 pts 9 reb
Chaffin 11 pts
Leslie 11 pts 5 reb
M. Stephens 9 pts 4 assists
J.M. Stephens 8 pts
Ousley 4 pts
Morrison 1 pt

Pike Central:
Ratliff 20 pts
Gibson 10 pts
Hess 9 pts
Slone 9 pts
Charles 6 pts
Snodgrass 5 pts
Varney 2 pts
Did Chaffin and J.M. Stephens not have any bounds? I know you said some stats. Someone said Compton and M. Stephens were back on
track and getting the ball to the open man, and penetrating as they
normally do.
Stephens and Chaffin did not have that many boards vs. Pike Central,but i'm waiting on the other stat man to send me his info to confirm this.I will post their totals if they are different.John Mark was hurt bad by foul trouble vs. PC as he was really playing well while he was on the floor.

Stephens and Compton were back on after struggling vs. Johnson Central .Shot selection was much better as well.
It's good to hear that they did'nt let one game get them down, because no player has a great game every game I don't care who
they are or what team they play for. Compton and M. Stephens
are a great guard tandem. One of the better ones in the mts.

Posted Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:06 pm:

I understand that J.M. Stephens has really been lighting it up under the basket with goals as well as passing off to a more open man.
Chaffin too. these two guys may make a 10 or 15 footer every now and then but IMO need to stick to the inside. Hows the FT shooting going? J.M. was deadly at the end of last year in the Dist. tourny.
Congrats Pburg
John Mark Stephens, Chaffin, Leslie, and Barnett had a good night!!
Yes they did, and has anyone noticed the scoring? It's a team effort no one had 30 points. Looks like everyone contributed.
I see that more players got into the game and they ended up winning. I feel for P-burg to be able to compete, they must sub quite often. P-burg is a quick and slashy team with very little as far as a half court game. I like the up and down style that they were playing at the beginning of the year, and the way the subbing was going. I know every 4 minutes he would sub in and out. It helps P-burg stay fresh and able to run the floor. As quick as this team is, that is what they should do is out hustle their opponents.
What I can't understand about Prestonsburg is they're people on the bench who deserve to play but don't get to..Blackburn, Ousley, and Herrick would be a few. Also when some people make one mistake they come out.. but others don't.. one would be Compton. It also looks as if he yells at his teammates if they miss a shot or throw it away once.. he could just tell them it's ok and they'll get it next time... And Prestonsburg should have won this game by a lot more than they did!!
Well Compton is the team leader. He has to step up and take control of his team. I agree the yelling at the teammates for messing up isn't right, but if it gets the team going in the right direction then go for it. I have nothing but respect for Compton and this coaching staff. Just because I don't agree with some of the calls they make, doesn't mean I don't respect what they do.
If I recall in the PC game,Barnette,Ousley,Blackburn and Morrison came off the bench.Barnette really played well as John Mark was in big foul trouble.
None of them except Barnette played in the second half...Crisp ant a coach, if they had a real coach they would be a better team. John Mark had to of had more than 8 points

Posted Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:21 pm:

"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Well Compton is the team leader. He has to step up and take control of his team. I agree the yelling at the teammates for messing up isn't right, but if it gets the team going in the right direction then go for it. I have nothing but respect for Compton and this coaching staff. Just because I don't agree with some of the calls they make, doesn't mean I don't respect what they do.

There is a difference in yelling at them to pick things up than yelling at them for not givinh him the ball, he yelled and told 1 player not to throw the ball to another, while I do agree he is the team leader, he needs to step up and do his job right, Yell at them to get them motovated to play harder
Basketballer,
Ask John Mark's dad how many points Moose had,he keeps our book and his book says 8 pts.
"Chicoman" Wrote:Basketballer,
Ask John Mark's dad how many points Moose had,he keeps our book and his book says 8 pts.
Well Sorry, It just looked like he had more than that
John Mark played great while on the floor,he was 4-5 from the field and was passing well from the high post. He got in foul trouble,but Barnette picked up where he left off.
"Chicoman" Wrote:If I recall in the PC game,Barnette,Ousley,Blackburn and Morrison came off the bench.Barnette really played well as John Mark was in big foul trouble.

They come off the bench but don't play much. I think Blackburn should play a lot more than he is playing!! I thought JM Stephens had more than 8 too Basketballer, he still played good though!

Posted Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:52 pm:

"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Well after watching this game, I leave unimpressed with Johnson Central. McCarty (considered by most on here to be a great player) absolutely shot his arm off. No wonder the kid averages double digits a game. Everytime he touched it he shot it.

As for P-burg, only 7 players touched the floor tonight. P-burg has a very talented bench that is going to waste. Turnovers made by certain players, and they get to stay in the game, but other players make one mistake and they are benched. Chaffin probably had double digits scoring in the first half and came back out the 2nd half with about 6 or 8 points and Coach Crisp took him out half way thru the 4th and he never returned. Michael Stephens also left around the same time and never returned. I will never understand the coaching moves made by P-burg. Having your best players on the bench during crunch time. Dumb move on the coaches part. Joe Blackburn makes things happen. And he begged for the ball all night but never got to touch it.

I respect the coaching staff too, but like you said they do make dumb moves!!
While they did not play good tonight, they did not play bad either, too many fouls going on Lewis was in just as bad of foul trouble as John Mark was in the 4th, but John Mark came back in and got his 5th called on him no more than about 1 and a half minutes after he touched the court. Overall it was a good team effort I believe that if they played like this against either SF, SC, or JC that they would have came away with the W.
I don't know why Blackburn didn't get to play anymore in this one than he did.. and Herrick played a great game against SF and hasn't got to play hardly any since then..also Kyle Ousley should get more time than he does
Pike Central once again i believe was outcoached. I watched the game and pike central just didnt have any offense other than throw it down to the big man. You have to have some guard play. Someone has to step into the place of Brad Lowe or thier going to have a long road ahead. Prestonsburg did what they had to do to come out with the W tonight. Good job blackcats.
Herrick does good against the zone, but when the other team is in man to man he struggles because he's not that fast.

Good win for the Blackcats
As I understand it, Herrick gives 110% in every practice. Yes speed is not his friend but he's aggresive and dosent back down from a challange. And I've been told when he get hot watch out. Plus he may put on some more height.
"Straightballa4" Wrote:Pike Central once again i believe was outcoached.
laugh1.gif laugh1.gif That's funny. If P-burg outcoached someone then I'll kiss your ass. :lol:
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:
"Straightballa4" Wrote:Pike Central once again i believe was outcoached.
laugh1.gif laugh1.gif That's funny. If P-burg outcoached someone then I'll kiss your ass. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing ..bc it would have to be a 1st
"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:As I understand it, Herrick gives 110% in every practice. Yes speed is not his friend but he's aggresive and dosent back down from a challange. And I've been told when he get hot watch out. Plus he may put on some more height.

I wasnt saying they Herrick didn't hussle, just that one of his weaknesses was when he's facing man to man.