Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predictions for GOTY?
What game do you think will win Game of the Year?

I think it will boil down to these five games....

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

....and Uncharted 3 will take home GOTY
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Gears 3 will be in the mix.
Gears of War 3 or MW3 take it IMO.
Gears 3 has been the most anticipated game this year.. but we dont know how the story is gonna go for M Dub Tres lol and U3
^ I totally forgot about Gears of War 3 and Mass Effect 2....this is what you get for being a ps3 owner!:ChairHit:
lol, Modern Warfare 3 won't even come close to taking GOTY, especially with this being one of the best years ever for huge game releases. There's been more Infinity Ward and COD hate this year than in any other year of release, ever. People just get sick with what they perceive as the "same ole' thing"...I think that's retarded, and that the people who say COD is getting too "unrealistic" are just as retarded. It's a GAME! It's supposed to have a damn WW3 scenario because it's a game! At least they get most of the small details right.

I think it will come down to Skyrim and Battlefield 3, with BF3 taking it. Put together absolutely awesome campaign and online experiences and it equals win.

I hope MW3's campaign is longer than the last one, and that it is damn good. The COD series of games have always been my favorite compared to EA, but BF3 is definitely going to take the cake on the campaign modes, and we'll see if they have a better online game than MW3. I know one thing for sure, it's going to be alot closer than ever before.
Uncharted 3 will make a big push for it. Gears will be in the mix as will AC3 and Batman Arkham City.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Amun-Ra Wrote:Uncharted 3 will make a big push for it. Gears will be in the mix as will AC3 and Batman Arkham City.

Man, I keep forgetting about Uncharted 3. I just recently got into that series, and I absolutely love it. I just wish the new one was coming out this month or next, instead of Spring 2012/ :lame:
vundy33 Wrote:Man, I keep forgetting about Uncharted 3. I just recently got into that series, and I absolutely love it. I just wish the new one was coming out this month or next, instead of Spring 2012/ :lame:
Uncharted series are great. I hope the third installment is as good as the second because Uncharted 2 was tits.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

Skyrim without a doubt. Oblivion won it the year it come out and this one should be even better. I'm going to put wayyyy too many hours into Skyrim, lol. But I am a RPG homer.
Shit, I just seen where Uncharted 3 is coming out 01st of November, this year. That is awesome. I have no idea why I thought it was Spring 12', lol.
Quote:Skyrim without a doubt. Oblivion won it the year it come out and this one should be even better. I'm going to put wayyyy too many hours into Skyrim, lol. But I am a RPG homer.

^
The only thing that scares me about Skyrim is the dragon AI's might will be a little sketchy on their movements. They will either interact too much or too little and will cause the game to glitch a little bit. The videos I have watched on it shows that they will probably be the best thing about the game and didn't show one sign of any problem!....other than that, it and Uncharted 3 will be my final 2 for GOTY. They will be above and beyond the rest.
lol @ people saying Gears or MW3 winning it. A FPS will NEVER win GOTY, if it did this year, it'd probably be the Halo remake.

Skyrim or Uncharted 3 will take it home, with Batman: Arkham City being a possible darkhorse.
If an FPS wins this year, it sure as hell won't be Halo, it'd be BF3, and I think it's going to take it.

If BF3 doesn't, I think Uncharted 3 or Skyrim will. Just depends, I'm going to get all of them though, lol.
vundy33 Wrote:If an FPS wins this year, it sure as hell won't be Halo, it'd be BF3, and I think it's going to take it.

If BF3 doesn't, I think Uncharted 3 or Skyrim will. Just depends, I'm going to get all of them though, lol.

Note that this isn't a NEW Halo game, that wouldn't stand a chance. But it's a remake of one of the best shooters ever. Put Combat Evolved with enhanced graphics, and multiplayer.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:lol @ people saying Gears or MW3 winning it. A FPS will NEVER win GOTY, if it did this year, it'd probably be the Halo remake.

Skyrim or Uncharted 3 will take it home, with Batman: Arkham City being a possible darkhorse.

LOL @ you for playing batman..Gears 3 was awesome!
Battlefield 3 cannot be overlooked.
Someone eduacte me on Skyrim. I never played Oblivion but I am interested in Skyrim. The idea I have of it is that it is like Fallout only in the fantasy realm. I am close?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's their website bro: http://www.elderscrolls.com/skyrim/

And a preview from Destructiod: http://www.destructoid.com/hands-on-thre...3857.phtml

It's a little bit long man, but the read is worth it if you're trying to decide whether to get it or not. I'm not a huge fan of these kinds of games, but I'll definitely be getting this one.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Someone eduacte me on Skyrim. I never played Oblivion but I am interested in Skyrim. The idea I have of it is that it is like Fallout only in the fantasy realm. I am close?

Yes. Oblivion is the best RPG I've ever played for 360.
Arkham City came out today and the reviews are absolutely ridiculous.
I've looked at 3 reviews and all of them were perfect scores.
I might get it. Never played any of those games, but I think I could get into it enough to pass the time until Battlefield 3 and the start of UK basketball. I love and hate this time of year, lol.
I've read two reviews of Uncharted 3. IGN.com gave it a 10. Game Informer gave it a 9.50. Which was vice versa for Batman: Arkham City.