Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nasdaq Nabs Biggest Weekly Gain Since March 2009
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis...h-2009.htm

Stocks finished higher Friday as strong earnings from Google (GOOG) and some better-than-expected economic news overshadowed S&P's downgrade of Spain.

The Nasdaq rallied 1.8%, closing at its highest level in three months. The S&P 500 climbed 1.7% and the Dow Jones industrial average rose 1.5%. Turnover fell on both major exchanges.

For the week, the Nasdaq shot up 7.6%, the best since a 10.6% gain in the week ended March 13, 2009. The S&P 500 climbed 6% and the Dow Jones industrial average 4.9%.

Despite the market's action, few leaders moved in heavy trading, continuing a trend occurring throughout the week.

Nuance Communications (NUAN) pared gains after hitting a new high. It closed nearly 3% higher in more than twice its average volume. The pattern is a first-stage structure since the stock reset its base count in August.

GNC Holdings (GNC) bolted 6% in nearly four times its average trade. But the April IPO met resistance at its 50-day line. The nutritional supplement retailer will report Q3 results Oct. 21. Analysts see earnings rising 68% to 36 cents a share. Sales are slated to rise 10% to $513.8 million.
How many hold tech stocks? I'm still buried with stock that has killed me since the mid-00's. When it gets close to value, I just have not had the guts to pull the trigger. It's that foolish naivety that makes be believe tech's will eventually come back!